Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Stewards

exactly, there is nothing wrong with racism or throwing coins around the place, what were the stewards on! :rolleyes:

That statement is a joke. Those are the things people should be thrown out for. But i have witnessed fans being thrown out for nothing at all apart from singing! more than 1 or 2, loads! im sure everyone else can recall seeing someone thrown out or spoken to for nothing

There is a world of difference and btw i go in L1 and hand on heart i have never heard a Racist comment from one of our supporters we are not a racist club. so dont start making excuses for those stewards

That statement is a joke. Those are the things people should be thrown out for. But i have witnessed fans being thrown out for nothing at all apart from singing! more than 1 or 2, loads! im sure everyone else can recall seeing someone thrown out or spoken to for nothing

There is a world of difference and btw i go in L1 and hand on heart i have never heard a Racist comment from one of our supporters we are not a racist club. so dont start making excuses for those stewards

it was sarcasm

100% agree with your statement, i saw that incident from L1 and my mate in kop was outraged by it, it wasnt the first and wont be the last but was witnessed by enough people to highlight a situation that has been getting worse and worse since the first game at the walkers.

We must be vocal and show our disgust with the way the stewards behave (and police in L1)

I have been told to sit down and then to shut up a minute after scoring!!! yet when you go away you can enjoy yourself without distraction

Can the Foxes Trust keep pushing the issue and get some response from the club about this crazy situation that just doesnt need to be happening.

We must let them know what we think if it continues (i have no doubt it will)

Why bother going if you get hassel from those you pay to keep you safe?

Im wondering if those lads had been ejected had they been beefy guys, as it doesnt seem to happen much in L1. there allowed to stand constantly.

My friend and I - a West Brom fan - We got hassled by a steward when we walked outside for some fresh air at halftime and returned from the direction of the main reception area.

Pressed on the matter he said he was concerned that we were trying to get in free or trying to gain entry from another part of the ground.

After all the action of the first half I told him that anyone trying to get sneak into the ground would be instantly recognised as less than the full pound!

"Yeah, that's why I stopped you," said the steward.

Cheeky sod!

Since me and my mates moved to the L1 area, I've hardly seen any trouble with the stewards but as someone else mentioned, it's the police that are more of a problem there. Some of the stewards just laugh at the comments made to the away supporters. I wasn't told to sit down at all after moving to L1 eventhough there was a steward a matter of metres away from me. It's that crew in the orange coats which cause most of the scenes, walking round in their black leather gloves like they're ready for a fight.

The few lads that got chucked out were standing next to me and behind me. They were definately not throwing coins but everyone up there was singing chants like 'if you hate spaniards clap your hands' i mean how ridiculous. So i went downstairs and asked why and he said of racial abuse. :@ Pathetic :@

Why bother going if you get hassel from those you pay to keep you safe?

Im wondering if those lads had been ejected had they been beefy guys, as it doesnt seem to happen much in L1. there allowed to stand constantly.

Thing is we're paying for them to keep us safe as you say but there not are they? I the example I gave earlier in the thread, It was a few lads having a laugh, One steward got involved then several other stewards followed and got involved thats when 1 or 2 stewards got thown down the stairs, other fans got involved, e.t.c, had the stewards had left them (Because there were doing NOTHING wrong) nothing would have happened, they would/or would have tryed to get abit of atmosphere, e.t.c, Instead stewards got too big for there boots, stepped in, injured themselves and possibly injured other fans...

More stewarding stories from another forum. :( <_<

These guys get so much attention, this season we should dedicate a whole thread to them. Post good and bad reports in here.

This is in general chat because

a) The language can be more "expressive"

b) It doesn't have to relate to City

I will start with my story from today at the Community Day

We were entering the "playing area" through the gates on the West stand. We went through the concourse and out pitch side. There was a couple in front of us.

Steward: "You do realise you can't bring your pushchair pitchside"

Geezer "OK, sorry, I didn't realize"

Steward "Don't worry, you can leave it here and then take your seat"

Geezer "OK, thanks for your help"

Steward "It isn't for your safety it is for your baby and other supporters"

Geezer "OK, thanks"

Steward "Make sure your baby sits on your knee"

Geezer "Of course I will, he can't sit up on his own

Steward "What you need to remember mate, is that you are big enough to protect youself, your baby isn't. If the ball comes towards you, you can defend yourself, who is gonna defend your baby? Are you gonna do it?

Geezer "Of course I am, I am his dad"

Melton Fox: Come on Wife, I'm not letting these **** patronising Wankers give me this lecture in a few seconds, I'm going home

This is now the moment that I bumped into Newton, Sorry if I was grumpy Newton but they really pissed me off

Even on a Community Family Day, these idiots still think they are the **** SAS. Tossers. Telling a father of a baby to protect his child. Wankers

Sorry FT, this has been a problem for seasons and sod all has been done.

It happens game in game out and nothing changes. I wouldn't believe a word that comes out the mouths of either of those shysters, they are taking the piss.

I may have missed it, but have you published the latest from Ronald McDonald about why the FT needs double the number of shares than him to get a seat on the board?

No that's wrong too. After the heavy handed stewarding in the Kop at the Coventry game last season (the one Matt is referring to above), we persuaded the club to hold an open meeting which the Police, Safety Advisory Group, various fans & we invited along a representative of Stand Up, Sit Down. The fans attending on block stated that the stewarding style was more appropriate to a library than a football ground which needs atmosphere.

Following that meeting the stewarding became more relaxed, all message boards commented it had improved and it had gone reasonably well until Friday.

No, you haven't missed that particular piece, our website got hacked about 2 weeks ago, so it is currently limited to what we can post, so the articles are running later than planned now

We are waiting for the reports to be completed, some facts that have been established:

1) One fan was so upset by the actions of other fans, that they moved from their seat and complained at reception that "nothing was being done"

At this stage we haven't had the number of fans removed confirmed however

2) One fan was removed due to their extreme racist abuse

The Trust does not agree with heavy handed stewarding when fans are just trying to be vocal to support their team, however if fans actions are seriously upsetting fellow City fans it is more of a judgement call on an individual case by case basis

If racism is involved, we would fully support the club taking action and issuing bans from future matches.

We will issue a more complete statement once all the facts are clear

Archived