Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

A Statue

I think we should have a stature of a famous player or something. I know we dont have the money but how about a stature of Gary Linekar outside the club shop. That would be awesome. Who would you have.

P.S I know it will never happen as we dont have the finances but just say we did.

I think we should have a stature of a famous player or something. I know we dont have the money but how about a stature of Gary Linekar outside the club shop. That would be awesome. Who would you have.

P.S I know it will never happen as we dont have the finances but just say we did.

Think it would be very hard to say 1 player defines or stands out in Leicester's history

Think it's kind of a nice idea but would ultimately cause a lot of arguments

Wait until he's dead.

It's expensive, but not that bad. A family friend was commissioned to do a couple of bronze pieces for Sheffield United and wasn't paid a huge amount.

And it's statue.

Wait until he's dead.

It's expensive, but not that bad. A family friend was commissioned to do a couple of bronze pieces for Sheffield United and wasn't paid a huge amount.

And it's statue.

My thought's exactly, statue's should only be made when people have passed away. It's not right before that.

This came up a few months back. Someone had the idea of commissioning a statue for Gordon Banks, the only player to win a World Cup winner's medal while at the club.

I believe the West Ham players from that side already have their own statue at Upton Park. So it would be good to show that we could honour our own in similar fashion.

Some clubs have raised money for statues through collections, fundraising events. There's no reason why the FOXES and/or the local media couldn't do likewise.

I think it would be good to have a statue of Sep Smith. There are probably very few Leicester supporters who remember seeing him play for us but I think that's as good a reason as any to have a statue for him. We have a fair amount of video footage of players like Lineker and a bit of Banks and parents pass on their memories of these players to their kids anyway. There is very little film footage of Smith but if he had played as many times for us over such a long period of time and represented England in the 70s or 80s people would probably talk about him a lot more than they do. His name would be mentioned alongside all the usual nominees for City's greatest players on a more regular basis if he'd played a few decades later. If we had a statue of Smith then it would be a way of making sure people don't forget his service to our club. Just what I think.

How about planting some beanpoles in the ground to honour Ian Ormondroyd?

Quality idea, e-mailing Tim Davies now to suggest it!

Seriously though, seeing as we have the Lineker Stand would a statue outside not be suitable?

Like the Smith idea as well though.

Also, deep down can't help but feel Franck Rolling and Mark Blake should be recognised somehow?

I've always said that there should be a statue of Frank Sinclair outside our stadium
I think it would be a bit of an own goal, doing that.

I think it would be a bit of an own goal, doing that.

Drrrrrrrrummmmm, tish!!! (I know it doesn't work in text form but it was an old fashioned drumroll the cymbal!!)

it should be a statue of 3 of are best players like muzzy and lineker and anyone who wants to pay to be on it :ph34r:

Just a plaque above the bar will do for Ian Marshall or maybe a "toby jug" type thing, we could call it the "ugly mug" :ph34r:

Not bad. The Marshall Bar sounds ok. Or should all the bars be called Marshalls? As in I'm just having a quick one in the Family Stand Marshalls. :o

Archived