Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

We lacked creativity, says Kelly

Leicester boss Rob Kelly admitted his players were short of creativity in the 2-0 Championship defeat away to Luton Town on Saturday.

Leon Barnett's first senior goal in the seventh minute and Trinidad and Tobago World Cup star Carlos Edwards' strike 11 minutes from time gave the hosts a deserved win at Kenilworth Road.

Kelly said: "We were in the game and started well but to concede a goal in the way we did is bitterly disappointing.

"It shaped the game after that because we were always chasing and they managed to get a second to kill it off, so credit to them.

"At 1-0 it gives a side something to hold on to and Luton sat in there. Our players gave it a go but we weren't as creative as they were.

"The positive thing is that we have a game on Tuesday night where we can hopefully put it right very quickly."

How insightful!

Leicester boss Rob Kelly admitted his players were short of creativity in the 2-0 Championship defeat away to Luton Town on Saturday.

Leon Barnett's first senior goal in the seventh minute and Trinidad and Tobago World Cup star Carlos Edwards' strike 11 minutes from time gave the hosts a deserved win at Kenilworth Road.

Kelly said: "We were in the game and started well but to concede a goal in the way we did is bitterly disappointing.

"It shaped the game after that because we were always chasing and they managed to get a second to kill it off, so credit to them.

"At 1-0 it gives a side something to hold on to and Luton sat in there. Our players gave it a go but we weren't as creative as they were.

"The positive thing is that we have a game on Tuesday night where we can hopefully put it right very quickly."

How insightful!

At least he admits it and doesn't try to gloss over it. This is where he earns his money and has to make changes to make us more creative. The worrying thing is it doesn't take a genious to work out a team with Maybury and Tiatto as wingers isn't going to be creative.

Believe me Weso is are far better attacking player than a defensive role. Because of his tackleabillity he is seen more defensively by some, but his ability to always run at defenses will cause all sortr of headaches if given a role to do so.

Believe me Weso is are far better attacking player than a defensive role. Because of his tackleabillity he is seen more defensively by some, but his ability to always run at defenses will cause all sortr of headaches if given a role to do so.

Hmmm, does that word really exist...???

If not, it should do!!! :P

I'm happy to accept what you say - delighted in fact - so the sooner he's fit the better.

Our players gave it a go but we weren't as creative as they were.

One half of that statement is true and what did he expect from a 6-2-2 formation. :rolleyes::whistle::huh::ph34r:

How insightful!

Well why send out a team that contains six defenders a midfielder that can only go sideways and another one who is a sand-dancing jessie?

That has to be one of the daftest statements in a long time <_<

One or both of Tiatto or williams needs to be dropped.

I would also drop stearman (just to show he can't walk into the team) and Nissa becasue he is rubbish

On Tuesday I would play

Henderson

Kenton, Mcarthy Kisnorbo Sheehan / Tiatto

Lowe Williams Johnson Hughes

Hume Fryatt

i'd like to see us play 4 3 3 but RK will never do that

Two important additions hopefully over the next 2 weeks will see a major improvement for Kelly, Kisnorbo and wesolowski sliding back into the starting line-up.

Here we go again :rolleyes:

Relying on a player who's been intimate with the physio's table for most of the season.

God help us!

One or both of Tiatto or williams needs to be dropped.

I would also drop stearman (just to show he can't walk into the team) and Nissa becasue he is rubbish

On Tuesday I would play

Henderson

Kenton, Mcarthy Kisnorbo Sheehan / Tiatto

Lowe Williams Johnson Hughes

Hume Fryatt

i'd like to see us play 4 3 3 but RK will never do that

So you want Williams and Tiatto dropped but have them both in your team :blink:

In all fairness, what do you expect from a midfield consisting of two wingers who are not wingers? (I don't classify Tiatto as a winger as he is poo). It was very much a containing formation rather than a creative one.

I have no problem with that but we can't afford to concede early on...

Anyway, Rob'll sort it :cool:

In all fairness, what do you expect from a midfield consisting of two wingers who are not wingers? (I don't classify Tiatto as a winger as he is poo). It was very much a containing formation rather than a creative one.

I have no problem with that but we can't afford to concede early on...

Anyway, Rob'll sort it :cool:

We were supposed to be difficult to beat, yesterday Luton couldn't have had it any easier.

It's f'cking pathetic and I wish people would stop making apologies for it and face facts.

We were supposed to be difficult to beat, yesterday Luton couldn't have had it any easier.

It's f'cking pathetic and I wish people would stop making apologies for it and face facts.

Isn't that what I said? :unsure:

Archived