Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Head stays in the Sand

How can you even think about sacking Rob keely after one league game? Forget last seasons results, there gone, they have little bearing today. Manageing this team is not easy, its a thankless task with stupidly high expectations. We have been trashed, raped, and buggered. Without a cash influx, we aint going anywhere.

"I'll give him another game, if its still crap I'll turn against him" fecking hell we need supporters like you shytebags don't we? What if he is brilliant next game then crap for two, then brilliant again etc. etc. Go and support someone who deserves the likes of you as fans.

The bloke has had the job for a very short time and he has no money to spend. Stupid mistakes cost us the game on saturday, losing an early goal shagged the game plan of keeping it tight and hitting them on the break. Maybe not the best gameplan but you work with what you have.

We have to accept we are what we are, a hard up championship outfit that has a team of average misfits, journeymen, and youngsters, who can aspire to mid table at best. Agreed we need to show some metal bollux and give it go, but don't expect much from what we have. If their :angry: here its because nobody else wanted them.

Any thoughts of 'achieving former glories' are pants, if we build properely we may get somehere in 4-5 years time if we maintain stablity, continuity and develop our young talent.

For gods sake get of his back, even Levein got more of a break and he really was shyte.

Another thread another carbon copy Thracian statement.

I really can't be arsed with this place any more, anyone would think we were on a 20 match losing streak the way people are going on.

One game and and people are calling for his head, pathetic.

The facts of the matter are that we have only won 2 of our last eight games and this is relegation form.

Stop twisting statistics to suit your own ends. Our overall record under RK is still W8 D4 L5 which is slightly better than what went before.

And by the way, Chelsea lost THEIR last two league games last season. Does that mean Mourinho should be sacked?

I think he'll be more attack minded tonight, show a bit of flair (:laugh:) at home and grind out ugly draws and 1-0 wins away (although Saturday cocked that up a bit)

He doesn't need to do that though does he? Our away form under him last season was superb and that wasn't with the attitude of being 'hard to beat'. Yes he probably had it in mind to make it difficult for the home team but now he seems focused on trying to 'nick' a result. Why change the mindset after a decent start to his managerial career? He should have bought in 4 midfielders instead of 2 and 2 defenders, that's where he's made his mistakes.

And there you have it. Kelly could be cloned from the same stone as Levein.
Kelly was brought in by the BOD as he had experience of the English game, which Levein and his team did not. In fact, rumours are that Levein resented this appointment, and that there was some friction between the two. Your insuations, therefore, make me howl.
And yet Kelly admitted: "On Saturday (against Luton), we just huffed and puffed with no cutting edge.

I hope that is going to improve, although the strikers didn't get a great deal of service."

And given that statement what would you expect. Increase/improve the strikeforce and give them some service?.

But no - "it'll be very close to Saturday's line-up." Kisnorbo at centre-back and Kenton left back?

I thought that we were poor at the back. The ease with which Luton went through us was shocking, to be fair. Is it no wonder that we couldn't get any service to the strikers? Given our squad, I would be looking to sure up the defence. And if Kenton was playing at full back, this would further relieve the pressure, as one of the few highlights of Saturday's game was the way in which Kenton attacked the Luton defence, leaving us sometimes a little exposed seeing as he was supposed to be in the middle.
All I can think of is Levein's statement after his sacking... "In hindsight there's a few things I'd have done differently.".
Hindsight is always 20:20. :thumbup:
Well I've got news for both of them. In football, foresight is the important thing. And being prepared to adapt your thinking.
Don't you mean to your thinking?
What I said about Kelly being beholden to his Chosen Men for saving us from relegation is plain to see. They may have "done well for me" in the increasingly distant past but the last five League games they've won once and scored just three goals. That's not doing well. That's lining him up for the bullet.
Cos we've had the resources to strengthen the squad so much, he could field an entirely new team.

I don't think.

And even Kelly refers to "Just one game" but like so many others, he's simply in denial about the previous ones. Worrying that.
Didn't MON do the same?
I also think tonight will mark the effective end of Alan Sheehan's career at Leicester. If Kenton plays left back - and he's convinced me of nothing - that will make the youngster third choice. He'll undoubtedly be shipped out on loan and, when that happens, considering the pecking order, the sooner he moves permanently for his own career's sake the better.
Actually I'd play Sheehan. I'd drop Stearman, and put Kenton in at right back.

However, you seem to have such an overinflated opinion of a player who has barely played a few games for the first team, one of which lead to howler of the season almost, it kind of puts me off the idea of trying him.

My honest belief is he'll be another Ryan Smith. He'll find a manager who appreciates his ability and has the courage to talk him up and make him play. And we'll be left to chuck away another potential asset.
And here is the crux of the issue. You never liked the fact that Kelly sent him packing. The fact that he's a prima donna, and was a disruptive influence on the rest of the squad means nothing. I suppose that pandering to his needs would be preferable to keeping the rest of the players happy. :rolleyes: Piss them all off, but at least we'll have one player, eh?

I dunno whats more annoying about you, your abilty to see everything in black and white or the fact that you have absloutley no patience what so ever. Oh no wait i've decided its the patronising way you talk about the manager, and the way you think you no more then him.

I think you should stop this witch hunt for a few weeks,fair enough he's not playing the football you want him to we get the picture. He aint playing it the way I want the team to play either but you don't see me on here bitching day in day out about the same bloody thing. He might well change things when relises there is no way its going to work but till it gets to the point thats its obvious, lay off watch the football and let him have a go at his first full season in charge of the club.

Just because your pig headed, stuborn and have your own set style of playing does not mean Rob Kelly isn't exactly the same. Allow yourself to swap places with Rob Kelly for a minute. You've just played you opening day game against Luton town. You played your gung ho 4-3-3. The fantastic young talent that is Levi Porter has just had a shocker, he just doesn't look strong enough to play in this division :o Alan Sheehan has had a diabolical game at left back ( and we all know he's more then capable of this ) Dodds came on for the last 10 mins and missed a sitter! Max Gradel replaced the extremly ineffective Porter after 70 mins and he looked like Sylla on Ketamin. The whole team is going foward as much as it can and getting caught on the break far two often resulting in a 3-1 loss.

Now there is some nob head called Robert Kelly amongst others on foxestalk posting rubbish about Maybury and Stearmen being a good partnership down the right wing and them complementing each other well, he also points out Nisse is a more competent defender then Sheehan. He points out 4-4-2 is the most suitable formation for this division...... I dont have time to get into the mind of Rob Kelly, but you get the picture.

Now Thracian do you think.... yes he's right we got caught on the break we were out numbered in midfield. I know Ill change my whole team to a defensive 4-4-2. In fact would you ever change the way you play to anything remotley defensive even if the fans were screaming at you to do so. No you wouldnt you'd play exactly the way you wanted and you MOST CERTAINLY would not be changing you team after one poor away performance, don't mention friendlies its getting tiresome we were undeafted in preseason.

Just give him and the rest of us a break for a couple of weeks before you wield the axe :rolleyes:

You never played for me Manwell so how you'd second guess my reaction to defeat is hard to comprehend.

But, no, I cannot imagine ever sending a defensive team out - it seems an insult to the game, concedes the initiatve, hardly inspires the crowd and will rarely get you anywhere in the long run.

But if my team did take a hammering, heaven forbid, you said yourself I'm not strong on patience and though I would try to evaluate every contribution including my own, you can bet your last penny that I'd change things and I'd change things quickly whether that involved clearer instructions, changing the team, changing the system or all three.

What's the problem with that Manwell?. It seems common sense to me.

But not at Leicester.

I remember all this "give him time" with Levein and nothing changed and now all the evidence suggests Kelly is in exactly the same mould.

I'm not wanting him out - what's the point if we only swop him for another graduate of the Levein school of fixed-plan defensive football?

I just want him to take his blinkers off.

Stop twisting statistics to suit your own ends. Our overall record under RK is still W8 D4 L5 which is slightly better than what went before.

And by the way, Chelsea lost THEIR last two league games last season. Does that mean Mourinho should be sacked?

a) I don't give a shit about Chelsea and their situation has nothing in common with ours.

b) Many managers do well at the start of their tenure. Kelly's style and system is well known now and his last five results gave us four points from 15. If that is not a warning to you then it is to me.

a) I don't give a shit about Chelsea and their situation has nothing in common with ours.

My response wasn't aimed at you. But for the record they have lost their last two league games, same as we have. Nobody's seriously calling for Mourinho's head though.

b) Many managers do well at the start of their tenure. Kelly's style and system is well known now and his last five results gave us four points from 15. If that is not a warning to you then it is to me.

His overall league record is 28 points from 17 games. It's way too early to suggest he's losing the plot. Throwing toys out of the pram is not going to help.

My response wasn't aimed at you. But for the record they have lost their last two league games, same as we have. Nobody's seriously calling for Mourinho's head though.

His overall league record is 28 points from 17 games. It's way too early to suggest he's losing the plot. Throwing toys out of the pram is not going to help.

I've pointed out, opposing managers quickly latch on to managerial styles. Kelly's first nine League games produced an outstanding 20 points. The next eight have earned just eight points and we've scored seven goals.

Are you seriously unconcerned?

Many managers do well at the start of their tenure. Kelly's style and system is well known now and his last five results gave us four points from 15. If that is not a warning to you then it is to me.

And many managers don't.

I think after a starting record of W7 D3 L2 he deserves a bit more respect than the hysterical reaction some people are giving him suggests. Only a select few could keep up a record like that over two or three seasons given the financial constraints at the club and the players he inherited.

On a separate note which has nothing to do with this discussion really but isn't worth starting a new thread over, I think it's wrong to suggest that Kelly had a lot to do with who Levein brought in. I doubt he had anything at all to do with the players who came down from Scotland for a start. Then there are the Williams and Tiattos of this world who Levein inherited from Adams. I think the only players Kelly has had any say in signing are Johansson, Fryatt, Hume, Hammond and Henderson.

I'm agreeing with Thracian here. The past 5 league results and performances have been awful. It's basically the same team so it's perfectly valid to take last seasons results in to account.

So am I but I would say to Thracian that he needs to bend like the reed and not be as rigid as the Cedar. ;):thumbup:

So am I but I would say to Thracian that he needs to bend like the reed and not be as rigid as the Cedar. ;):thumbup:

I take your point Steven but I suppose I've seen so much defensive football from Levein and Kelly that I wonder why we NEVER try the other tack. And people say I'm rigid.

Archived