Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Head stays in the Sand

Kelly speaking to the Blue Army website:

"There will not be wholesale alterations after just one game. Patrick Kisnorbo is available but, if there are any changes, it will still be very close to Saturday's line-up. The side has done well for me before and I have belief in them."

And there you have it. Kelly could be cloned from the same stone as Levein.

And yet Kelly admitted: "On Saturday (against Luton), we just huffed and puffed with no cutting edge.

I hope that is going to improve, although the strikers didn't get a great deal of service."

And given that statement what would you expect. Increase/improve the strikeforce and give them some service?.

But no - "it'll be very close to Saturday's line-up." Kisnorbo at centre-back and Kenton left back?

All I can think of is Levein's statement after his sacking... "In hindsight there's a few things I'd have done differently.".

Well I've got news for both of them. In football, foresight is the important thing. And being prepared to adapt your thinking.

What I said about Kelly being beholden to his Chosen Men for saving us from relegation is plain to see. They may have "done well for me" in the increasingly distant past but the last five League games they've won once and scored just three goals. That's not doing well. That's lining him up for the bullet.

And even Kelly refers to "Just one game" but like so many others, he's simply in denial about the previous ones. Worrying that.

I also think tonight will mark the effective end of Alan Sheehan's career at Leicester. If Kenton plays left back - and he's convinced me of nothing - that will make the youngster third choice. He'll undoubtedly be shipped out on loan and, when that happens, considering the pecking order, the sooner he moves permanently for his own career's sake the better.

My honest belief is he'll be another Ryan Smith. He'll find a manager who appreciates his ability and has the courage to talk him up and make him play. And we'll be left to chuck away another potential asset.

If he sticks with the same team for both home games and it plays as badly again and fails to win either game, that's when I'm going to turn against him. We'll see though.

I really hope Kelly can turn things around for us, I don't want to hate him but if we lose tonight then I'll have to turn against him. He's a decent bloke and it would be a shame after he was hailed to be the 'New Martin O’Neill' :nono:

I really hope Kelly can turn things around for us, I don't want to hate him but if we lose tonight then I'll have to turn against him. He's a decent bloke and it would be a shame after he was hailed to be the 'New Martin O’Neill' :nono:

It's not just the result i'm concerned with tonite, but also the performence, I would like to think city will play with some purpose!!! RK was our savour I would hate for us to turn against him at such a early stage in the season!!

Kelly speaking to the Blue Army website:

"There will not be wholesale alterations after just one game. Patrick Kisnorbo is available but, if there are any changes, it will still be very close to Saturday's line-up. The side has done well for me before and I have belief in them."

And there you have it. Kelly could be cloned from the same stone as Levein.

And yet Kelly admitted: "On Saturday (against Luton), we just huffed and puffed with no cutting edge.

I hope that is going to improve, although the strikers didn't get a great deal of service."

And given that statement what would you expect. Increase/improve the strikeforce and give them some service?.

But no - "it'll be very close to Saturday's line-up." Kisnorbo at centre-back and Kenton left back?

All I can think of is Levein's statement after his sacking... "In hindsight there's a few things I'd have done differently.".

Well I've got news for both of them. In football, foresight is the important thing. And being prepared to adapt your thinking.

What I said about Kelly being beholden to his Chosen Men for saving us from relegation is plain to see. They may have "done well for me" in the increasinly distant past but the last five League games they've won once and scored just three goals. That's not doing well. That's lining him up for the bullet.

And even Kelly refers to "Just one game" but like so many others, he's simply in denial about the previous ones. Worrying that.

I also think tonight will mark the effective end of Alan Sheehan's career at Leicester. If Kenton plays left back - and he's convinced me of nothing - that will make the youngster third choice. He'll undoubtedly be shipped out on loan and, when that happens, considering the pecking order, the sooner he moves permanently for his own career's sake the better.

My honest belief is he'll be another Ryan Smith. He'll find a manager who appreciates his ability and has the courage to talk him up and make him play. And we'll be left to chuck away another potential asset.

I respect your well thought out views Mr Thracian, but still feel we should leave alone for three games before making wholesale changes. In defence of my position I'd point to the fact that it was the current team (if I remember rightly) that played well against Leeds at home, for example. I do agree that the thought of Maybury/ Tiatto as our wide men is less than inspiring. I'd hope that we might have a more imaginative bench of, say, Logan, O'Grady, Hughes, Low, Sheehan so that we have some width options if the chosen men carry on as they left off at Luton

I agree with you. If only he'd see the light...

I'm not unbending. There are more ways to tackle our problems than the ones I've suggested.

For instance, on another forum, Steven has suggested a 3-5-2 system as best suited to our current players.

The point is we have to do something. More of the same is not an option that I can understand.

He'd look a bigger fool if he did make wholesale changes, if only because people would then come on here saying he doesn't know what his best team is. All he's "guilty" of at the present moment is picking what he thinks is his best team. Unfortunately, everybody who dislikes his side can always pick a "better" one because it never has to play and therefore never loses. I might add that it doesn't win either but there you are......

...but the last five League games they've won once and scored just three goals. That's not doing well. That's lining him up for the bullet.

Sometimes I wonder what your motivation is Thracian, you twist truth to suit in some apparent quest to make everyone equally miserable and negative.

The last five league games show

P W D L

5 1 1 3

That IS NOT sacking form!

:rolleyes:

I think it's a bit harsh to compare Levein and Kelly after the one league defeat. Levein stuck his head in the sand for 2 months not 2 weeks. Rob obviously feels he's team can do a job tonight, while I dont agree I wont judge till after the game, If he can't turn it around after a few games or make the changes needed then that may be the time to compare him to dearest Craig.

Sometimes I wonder what your motivation is Thracian, you twist truth to suit in some apparent quest to make everyone equally miserable and negative.

The last five league games show

P W D L

5 1 1 3

That IS NOT sacking form!

:rolleyes:

That still pretty poor though.

I respect your well thought out views Mr Thracian, but still feel we should leave alone for three games before making wholesale changes. In defence of my position I'd point to the fact that it was the current team (if I remember rightly) that played well against Leeds at home, for example. I do agree that the thought of Maybury/ Tiatto as our wide men is less than inspiring. I'd hope that we might have a more imaginative bench of, say, Logan, O'Grady, Hughes, Low, Sheehan so that we have some width options if the chosen men carry on as they left off at Luton

The facts of the matter are that we have only won 2 of our last eight games and this is relegation form. To persist with something that is not working and expect a different result is a form of madness. RK is now doing all the same things that caused CL trouble, playing players out of position for example. :( <_<

Leeds was a wonderful fighting performance espcially with 10 men and there were others in that mould like Millwall, QPR etc etc.

I've rarely found to criticise Kelly's Army for not battling.

But battling is not enough. Watching most of the Championship teams at the weekend they're all prepared to battle.

We need 1.5 goals a game minimum and while the three games you mentioned might seem reasonable, there'll be another three after that for the Chosen Men exactly as it has been since Levein's time. And as those games clock up our scoring target will get further and further out of reach.

Unless the players he chooses start doing things they've never done before. I hope, like everyone else, but I cannot logically expect.

Something like 39 points for the season at that rate and if we give a three points bonus for the odd game remaining. That's relegation by three points on last season's finish.

To Disco Bob, I don't think I've twisted the truth at all and wouldn't intend to and my motives are perfectly well scripted. To get Leicester City fielding a properly balanced, attack-minded football tem again which gives the fans something to be proud of and gives us the chance to regain our former glories..not necessarily in the Premiership yet awhile but certainly at the top end of the Championship.

Nothing complicated about it really.

I'm not arguing Sr.Pablo...but those using those five results to justify their position that RK should/will go are mentally challenged.

If they all want to go see Hinkley on Saturday then good luck to them. We'll not miss them.

We are in a poor situation and the only solution is to be pro-active...to raise the level of support we give.

I don't expect him to change things after one game, Levein changed things too much and it caused the team to be unsettled.

We'll just have to see how they do tonight, naturally you would presume we'd be more attacking than Saturday.

I don't expect him to change things after one game, Levein changed things too much and it caused the team to be unsettled.

We'll just have to see how they do tonight, naturally you would presume we'd be more attacking than Saturday.

It wouldn't be hard. Two worthwhile shots should do it. :whistle::whistle::whistle:

Kelly could go with a 10-0-0 formation and he STILL wouldn't be as negative as some of his critics.

Although I personally don't think he should EVER consider Tiatto for a starting 11 place, I don't think it helps the situation we are in to produce an inflammatory, attention-seeking, tabloidesque rant to express disagreement with any decision he makes.

Lest we forget, he still has a winning record, (8 wins, 5 defeats), which is more than Levein had during his time with us!

Kelly could go with a 10-0-0 formation and he STILL wouldn't be as negative as some of his critics.

Although I personally don't think he should EVER consider Tiatto for a starting 11 place, I don't think it helps the situation we are in to produce an inflammatory, attention-seeking, tabloidesque rant to express disagreement with any decision he makes.

Lest we forget, he still has a winning record, (8 wins, 5 defeats), which is more than Levein had during his time with us!

Keep wearing the shades. They certainly work. :whistle::whistle:

<snip>I don't think it helps the situation we are in to produce an inflammatory, attention-seeking, tabloidesque rant to express disagreement with any decision he makes.

:laugh: Absolutely!

I think the title of the thread more than describes a number of the posters...they seem to have forgotten that money doesn't grow on trees and that we are in short supply of it.

Thracian picks FIVE games because he knows full well that if he'd picked the last TEN it would have pissed on his own bonfire! W-4 D-2 L-4...yea, that's really bad form isn't it! :rolleyes:

:laugh: Absolutely!

I think the title of the thread more than describes a number of the posters...they seem to have forgotten that money doesn't grow on trees and that we are in short supply of it.

Thracian picks FIVE games because he knows full well that if he'd picked the last TEN it would have pissed on his own bonfire! W-4 D-2 L-4...yea, that's really bad form isn't it! :rolleyes:

Exactly. Statistics.... And the games we lost were against Preston (H) - who were in the playoffs, Southampton (A) - who had a great run of form under Burley and Norwich (A) I think?? - again, relegated from the Prem, had just spent 3m on Earnshaw.

It's more than one game, ok how about his record last season, oh no we only want to talk about the last five games... Four of which were played months ago and we had already sewn up safety.

I'm not arguing Sr.Pablo...but those using those five results to justify their position that RK should/will go are mentally challenged.

If they all want to go see Hinkley on Saturday then good luck to them. We'll not miss them.

We are in a poor situation and the only solution is to be pro-active...to raise the level of support we give.

well said

It wouldn't be hard. Two worthwhile shots should do it. :whistle::whistle::whistle:

I dunno whats more annoying about you, your abilty to see everything in black and white or the fact that you have absloutley no patience what so ever. Oh no wait i've decided its the patronising way you talk about the manager, and the way you think you no more then him.

I think you should stop this witch hunt for a few weeks,fair enough he's not playing the football you want him to we get the picture. He aint playing it the way I want the team to play either but you don't see me on here bitching day in day out about the same bloody thing. He might well change things when relises there is no way its going to work but till it gets to the point thats its obvious, lay off watch the football and let him have a go at his first full season in charge of the club.

Just because your pig headed, stuborn and have your own set style of playing does not mean Rob Kelly isn't exactly the same. Allow yourself to swap places with Rob Kelly for a minute. You've just played you opening day game against Luton town. You played your gung ho 4-3-3. The fantastic young talent that is Levi Porter has just had a shocker, he just doesn't look strong enough to play in this division :o Alan Sheehan has had a diabolical game at left back ( and we all know he's more then capable of this ) Dodds came on for the last 10 mins and missed a sitter! Max Gradel replaced the extremly ineffective Porter after 70 mins and he looked like Sylla on Ketamin. The whole team is going foward as much as it can and getting caught on the break far two often resulting in a 3-1 loss.

Now there is some nob head called Robert Kelly amongst others on foxestalk posting rubbish about Maybury and Stearmen being a good partnership down the right wing and them complementing each other well, he also points out Nisse is a more competent defender then Sheehan. He points out 4-4-2 is the most suitable formation for this division...... I dont have time to get into the mind of Rob Kelly, but you get the picture.

Now Thracian do you think.... yes he's right we got caught on the break we were out numbered in midfield. I know Ill change my whole team to a defensive 4-4-2. In fact would you ever change the way you play to anything remotley defensive even if the fans were screaming at you to do so. No you wouldnt you'd play exactly the way you wanted and you MOST CERTAINLY would not be changing you team after one poor away performance, don't mention friendlies its getting tiresome we were undeafted in preseason.

Just give him and the rest of us a break for a couple of weeks before you wield the axe :rolleyes:

I dunno whats more annoying about you, your abilty to see everything in black and white or the fact that you have absloutley no patience what so ever. Oh no wait i've decided its the patronising way you talk about the manager, and the way you think you no more then him.

So, those birthday drinks are really starting to kick in now then :laugh:

Archived