Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox4ever

Change the midfield

It's quite evident from last night’s performance that the midfield is the problem.

Get rid of Tiatto, Williams and Johnson and you will go a long way to solving the problem.

We need a ball winner who is prepared to get stuck in and two quick wide players to stretch their defence.

last night the midfield was missing for best part of the game. Tiatto affectionately known as the one legged pirate.

Williams is not interested and Johnson looks like a show pony.

It only came to life when Low came on.

Why of why with two of the shortest forwards in the league do we persist on sending balls over the top? Get the ball on the deck and play football.

Its got to be changed quickly otherwise we could be in bother.

It's quite evident from last night’s performance that the midfield is the problem.

Get rid of Tiatto, Williams and Johnson and you will go a long way to solving the problem.

We need a ball winner who is prepared to get stuck in and two quick wide players to stretch their defence.

last night the midfield was missing for best part of the game. Tiatto affectionately known as the one legged pirate.

Williams is not interested and Johnson looks like a show pony.

It only came to life when Low came on.

Why of why with two of the shortest forwards in the league do we persist on sending balls over the top? Get the ball on the deck and play football.

Its got to be changed quickly otherwise we could be in bother.

Ever thought of being a manager? :thumbup:

I agree wholeheartedly, but we don't have anyone to come in and radically change things. Judging on what I have seen so far, it would appear that Kelly did not buy well in the Summer. Granted, the money aspect comes into it, but when players like Mahon last night moved on a free, we should be making a move for them.

It was particularly sad to see us resorting to Micky Adams tactics (something I despise). Seeing Stearman quickly swapping with Maybury so that he can win a hoof in the air reminded me very much of playing Scowcroft on the wing.

You know it's bad when i'm on the verge of saying put momo on the wing!!!

Sylla....... Wesolowski....... Johnson....... Lowe

Hughes....... Wesolowski....... Johnson....... Sylla

Porter...... Wesolowski....... Johnson....... Lowe

Porter...... Wesolowski....... Williams....... Hughes

Porter...... Hughes...... Williams......... Lowe

Hughes......... Johnson......... Tiatto......... Lowe

God anything but Maybury and Tiatto both on the wings..

This midfield is our best option at the moment. I would also think about dropping Hume and playing Dodds up front.

But I think Williams is a problem. I cannot remember the last time we won a game in which he started. If we had another decent winger I would play Hughes in middle with Weso.

Option 4 for me anyday.

This midfield is our best option at the moment. I would also think about dropping Hume and playing Dodds up front.

But I think Williams is a problem. I cannot remember the last time we won a game in which he started. If we had another decent winger I would play Hughes in middle with Weso.

Dodds?? I would think O'grady is next in line.

We need 3-5-2 Kelly you f**king clown.

I'm losing patience when, to me at least, it's so obvious. Any combination of Williams, Hughes, Wesolowski and Johnson. Let's get bodies in central midfield and start passing it and getting some support from the middle of the park to Fryatt and Hume. Novel or what?

It's not diamond but it's the only way we're going to fashion anything out of this crust of shit.

This would be my midfield for a game and see how it went

Hughes Wesolowski Williams Low

With Hughes he will pass the ball around well instead of just hoofing also he has to be better than Tiatto. Then Low because he made an impact yesterday he might not be the best but he is a natural winger and with Weso you know your guarenteed effort and someone who can win the ball and do something with it.

We cant defend and get one point out of these easy teams by aiming for a draw so why not 'defend' by being more attack orientated. Put more pressure on the oppositions defence by providing the support to Hume n Fryatt that theyre not getting.

We cant defend and get one point out of these easy teams by aiming for a draw so why not 'defend' by being more attack orientated. Put more pressure on the oppositions defence by providing the support to Hume n Fryatt that theyre not getting.

That might be perfectly obvious to some of us but it IS tantamount to rebellion!!!

agree. almost.

you've got to pick a midfield that plays to williams and hughes strength's. these two provide options for

our attack. wesolowski will be a good foil for these two. but we all know the manager will go with 'experience'

rather than actual real talent

I agree with all your points.

All of our hopes of getting out of this mess now rest with one bloke, James Wesolowski.

And Levi Porter. Why? Because we have to pass the final ball on the ground and he's the only one in the club that does it effectively. MDV excepted all of our five or six strikers are wasted on high balls.

And Levi Porter. Why? Because we have to pass the final ball on the ground and he's the only one in the club that does it effectively. MDV excepted all of our five or six strikers are wasted on high balls.

And he can't head it!!

I would go with

Porter Williams Johnson Lowe

Hughes out wide still lacks pace!

I'm thinking we should play a 4-3-1-2

Usual back 4 and goalie.

Wesolowski, Williams and either Hughes/Porter/Johnson/Tiatto

Hume just behind O'Grady and Fryatt. Let Hume have a free role, giving us width if need be, also O'Grady can drift out wide if we need to keep our shape and pack the midfield.

Try it.

Of topic but does anyone know where O'Grady was yesterday?

In his suit watching in the stands. Saw him before the game n asked him why wasnt he in his gear as I had this feeling he would replace Hume. I immediately dumped my 6/1 Ogrady ticket from Ladbrokes. What a disaster. At least should have been on the bench but dumped for a defender. Is kelly starting to panic already in search of the single point?

In his suit watching in the stands. Saw him before the game n asked him why wasnt he in his gear as I had this feeling he would replace Hume. I immediately dumped my 6/1 Ogrady ticket from Ladbrokes. What a disaster. At least should have been on the bench but dumped for a defender. Is kelly starting to panic already in search of the single point?

If a player isn't in the team or on the bench, you get your stake back. Should have taken it back to Ladbrokes.

On the radio, they mentioned that he wasn't picked by Kelly, no injuries nothing with the lad!!!!

I agree, he gives us a different type of attacking option, and with all th defensive players that were playing it's quite shocking that he wasn't on the bench!!!

Archived