Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jimbers

Poll whos going to the Maccesfield game

I'm going. I bought my ticket after work yesterday.

But at the moment tickets are only available for the main stand.

Surely there will be enough going for the club to open the Kop as well?

I'm gonna go a bit Thracian for the mo' and hope that we play a similar team against Macclesfield, as the one which played against Hinckley. For two reasons:

1) At least it'd be something different to watch and give people something to cheer!

2) It'd give us some indication on how good the youth actually are. I mean if they can't cope with a League 2 side then we'll know their not ready. However if they at least prove they can more than cope then we'll see how far they can take us...

I'm gonna go a bit Thracian for the mo' and hope that we play a similar team against Macclesfield, as the one which played against Hinckley. For two reasons:

1) At least it'd be something different to watch and give people something to cheer!

2) It'd give us some indication on how good the youth actually are. I mean if they can't cope with a League 2 side then we'll know their not ready. However if they at least prove they can more than cope then we'll see how far they can take us...

Agreed.

I hope you emailed RK! :)

And I wish Kelly had used your yardstick about "if they can't cope forget em for a bit" on the first team!.

I've always said we're harder on our home grown kids!.

Anyway it's a nice thought and seeing we sounded shit against Macclesfield in the friendly the thought of the kids wiping the floor with them is really appealing.

Would that mean they are ready - so put em all in? Only being mischievous!

Sadly for the idea, Kelly's just as likely to hint at changes, hint at youth involvement and then play the full first team because they are desperate for a confidence boosting victory.

And, of course the terminal problem for the idea is that the kids probably can't remember the last time they played a worthwhile football match.

Which also means they're becoming less and less of a realistic first team option rather than the other way round.

Ah Well. As Jonbluefox said, he's still getting used to being a manager.

As someone who's rattled on long and hard about the cost of tickets for these gamessaying they should be a £5 it would be hypocritical of me not to go. So I've been and got 2 tickets today, mind you I'm not sure if my son wants to go :P .

Ps They haven't sold 2500 yet.

Do you not think a game like Macclesfield will provide a great oppurtinity to re-build some of the lost confidence within the squad and allow us to try and kick forward again?

Thats exactly what I think and thats why i'm going :thumbup:

Archived