Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

How did levi do

I didn't go the game and was just wondering how levi did on his leicester debut?

Yer he did well I wanted him to be attacking a little more but I think he was brought on with a bit more of a defensive mind as we were 1-0 / 2-0 up.

He was also involved in an incident where Matty Fryatt ran at the Ipswich goalie, got the ball and then (as I remember) crossed it across an open goal to Hughesy or Josh Low (or someone else) and (by now there is Ipswich defenders back but still an open goal) it was then crossed on the floor to Levi where he shot but it was blocked on the line (very very unlucky) and then cleared out.

A totally responsible performance that earned him a good ovation when he was finally withdrawn.

The main thing was his passing. In possession he simply did the simple thing, refusing to try a speculative 40 yard passes which were likely to loose possession when he could play a 10-yard pass and retain possession or maintain the momentum of an attack.

He rarely lost possession and managed one delicate ball right through the Ipswich defence which could easily have resulted in a goal, ad the decent mentioned elsewhere which was saved and delivered a series of accurate corners into the danger zone.

His support play took him into City's own penalty box where he twice relieved pressure and generally he kept his head up and was disciplined enough to close people down right along the left flank and then to provide full width, and the obvious outlet ball, once we gained possession.

RK looked delighted with him when he went off. Most gave him 7 points for less than a full match.

He did alright could have scored and showed some good first touches. He looks a little lightweight when defending though - I was a little puzzled at him being subbed albeit with only minutes remaining as this gave the wrong impression (sub being subbed)-not the best for a young lad's confidence. :unsure:

He did alright could have scored and showed some good first touches. He looks a little lightweight when defending though - I was a little puzzled at him being subbed albeit with only minutes remaining as this gave the wrong impression (sub being subbed)-not the best for a young lad's confidence. :unsure:

RK took him off to let him enjoy the generous applause of the crowd. And, being 5ft 4, to let him get in the bath first before he was crowded out by the bigger blokes!.

RK took him off to let him enjoy the generous applause of the crowd. And, being 5ft 4, to let him get in the bath first before he was crowded out by the bigger blokes!.

Maybe. But also to let the crowd know Weso was almost ready.

I think the reason Porter was took off was because with 3 minutes to go we were 2-1 up and on the backfoot, with our previous record and without any disrespect to Levi, to bring a bit more steel to our backbone in Weso.

I didn't go the game and was just wondering how levi did on his leicester debut?

Did nothing much for me, 6 at best. 1 good defensive tackle and 1 attacking pass.Kept possession well but looked a shadow of Tiattos 1st half (he did surprise me after last seasons poor showing)

Did nothing much for me, 6 at best. 1 good defensive tackle and 1 attacking pass.Kept possession well but looked a shadow of Tiattos 1st half (he did surprise me after last seasons poor showing)

Give him a break! :unsure:

He did well enough for a youngster making his debut. Looks a promising talent for the future. Pace to burn and his crosses from corners were much better than what Hughes managed!

I think he was a dit dazzled at first, he just seemed to stare at the ball, but when he got going he was good.

I think he was a dit dazzled at first

It would be a bit daunting to start with though, a young lad playing his first pro game infront of 18,000 plus people.. Not many kids get to play infront of that many people. I can understand him being nervous

Porter played a different style of game to that of Tiatto. I thought Tiatto was very good until he had to come off and Porter filled in for him well. Held his position and didn't really do much wrong. Must have boosted his confidence a lot. Having said that, if Tiatto is fit for Cov, I would bring him back in because he had his best game for a long time on Saturday.

I think he was taken off as he was the furthest away :)

He kept it simple, played well, don't remember him giving the ball away.

Hopefully he'll make an impact this season!

thats probebly true.

Its good to see Rob playing the academy players. Now with O'Grady,Weso,Porter,Logan,Stearman,Dodds and Sheehan all pushing for a 1st team spot.

Archived