Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shum

Official Statement

Yes I was, and what ideas have they come up with? If you were spending say 250k on ideas would you not expect them to work? If you were spending say a quarter of a million pounds when your company is pleading poverty would you not expect an instant return?

If you employ someone on say 100k a year plus benefits and then dole out say another 0.25 million to an agency with no portfolio would you expect that person to fall on their sword when it all goes tits up?

It is easy running a football Club, if you have football people doing it and not a bunch of numpties who are only there because it is the place to be seen.

No it isn't. Who exactly are these "football people" who you want running the club? Where are they? and do they know anything about running a £20-30M operation? If they do, what makes you think Leciester would be able to get them in?

A little pointer.. Maybe the reason we have to pay our execs £100k plus salaries is becauase really we aren't a very attractive commerical propsition.

Also, I can honestly say £100k is not a lot for an exec these days, even in Leciester. £250k may seem like a lot, but really it's easily spent.

No it isn't. Who exactly are these "football people" who you want running the club? Where are they? and do they know anything about running a £20-30M operation? If they do, what makes you think Leciester would be able to get them in?

A little pointer.. Maybe the reason we have to pay our execs £100k plus salaries is becauase really we aren't a very attractive commerical propsition.

Also, I can honestly say £100k is not a lot for an exec these days, even in Leciester. £250k may seem like a lot, but really it's easily spent.

Yes it is, when you learn to seperate football from the rest of the business world you'll get it.

100k is a monster salary when you are pleading poverty and getting zero return. But when you are getting double that and even less of a return there there are major problems.

£100,000 seems a lot of money for a skint club to be paying for marketing ideas when lots of people could come up with decent ideas for a fraction of that.

But while I've no idea of the full list of marketing strategies I thought the "We're In It Together" idea was a real potential backfirer and that the flags idea, while quite good (though I don't know if it was value for money) was badly organised.

Some people got flags and took them home and then got another flag the following week while others still haven't had one.

Finally, and I commented mildly at the time, the club don't seem to have used the close season very well at all to rally support and persuade people to watch. You cannot really do this in isolated departments either, there has to be some teamwork, common understanding and common goals.

Take the Sociedad friendly. Never mind the ticket prices the place should have been packed with potential fans and they should have been treated to a Leicester City side determined to provide some entertainment instead of watching a dour, tactical and totally pointless and uninspiring 0-0 draw.

We also had four other games away from the Walkers and that was never going to act as an advert for the team.

£100,000 seems a lot of money for a skint club to be paying for marketing ideas when lots of people could come up with decent ideas for a fraction of that.

But while I've no idea of the full list of marketing strategies I thought the "We're In It Together" idea was a real potential backfirer and that the flags idea, while quite good (though I don't know if it was value for money) was badly organised.

Some people got flags and took them home and then got another flag the following week while others still haven't had one.

Finally, and I commented mildly at the time, the club don't seem to have used the close season very well at all to rally support and persuade people to watch. You cannot really do this in isolated departments either, there has to be some teamwork, common understanding and common goals.

Take the Sociedad friendly. Never mind the ticket prices the place should have been packed with potential fans and they should have been treated to a Leicester City side determined to provide some entertainment instead of watching a dour, tactical and totally pointless and uninspiring 0-0 draw.

We also had four other games away from the Walkers and that was never going to act as an advert for the team.

Indeed, free tickets for a couple fof pre-season friendlies would have been a good idea. I'm not saying the ideas they came up with were any good, but you don't know if aomeone is any good until you try them. If you want Proven Football marketing people you are talking proper money, and we don't have it. Sometimes when you try and do things more cheaply you have to take a gamble. Sometimes it pays off, in this case it seems it hasn't.

In any case, you don't grow a business by doing nothing. Unless you are very very lucky.

Let'S Talk Marketing.

That comapny will be rubbing their hands with that rather large contract they signed with LCFC.

I'll leave it to the masses to work out who has personal links to said agency (one without portfolio).

:whistle:

LCFC rotten to the core and don't go forgeting it either.

What company/agancy what are you going on about?? i really don't understand!!!! You aren't answering!!!!! :(:cry:

What company/agancy what are you going on about?? i really don't understand!!!! You aren't answering!!!!! :(:cry:

I think the point he's getting at is that the club awarded a highly lucrative contract to an agency which had strong links with the person being discussed in this thread. This was not an arm's length transaction as the agency had very little going for it in terms of a portfolio of clients and was awarded the contract solely on the recommendation of our then commercial director.

Needless to say it's cost us a fortune and been far from successful :whistle:

I think the point he's getting at is that the club awarded a highly lucrative contract to an agency which had strong links with the person being discussed in this thread. This was not an arm's length transaction as the agency had very little going for it in terms of a portfolio of clients and was awarded the contract solely on the recommendation of our then commercial director.

Ooooh, which contract was this?? It wasn't manufacturing 10,000 flags was it!!?? lol Remember if it's true it's not libelous!! :unsure:

Ooooh, which contract was this?? It wasn't manufacturing 10,000 flags was it!!?? lol Remember if it's true it's not libelous!! :unsure:

Look at some of the posts further up, as I always say - the answers are out there.

BTW Phube, I can safely predict you won't have a future in the police force :D

:whistle:

Can i just say £100K is actually a pretty good wage for a marketing exec, especially for one in Leicester. if you want i can go and download some exec pay info from Bloomberg....

I hope her pay was performance related, the whole point in exec pay is incentivising your executives.

Personally I don't understand why some of the geniuses on these boards don't get the jobs of running the club on and off the field.

FoxesTalk alone has enough talent to run three Leicester City's with staffing left over to manage Chelsea.

I would make a brilliant photocopy assistant.

I would make him out of used lollypop sticks.

Personally I don't understand why some of the geniuses on these boards don't get the jobs of running the club on and off the field.

Theres a differnce between wanting to run the club, and wanting it run a bit more efficently mate.

I mean, are you totally happy with the way things are?

FoxesTalk alone has enough talent to run three Leicester City's with staffing left over to manage Chelsea.

I would make a brilliant photocopy assistant.

I would make him out of used lollypop sticks.

I've just finished a lollypop, you can have my stick. :thumbup:

Archived