Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
beighton155

Player Ratings vs Macclesfield

Logan - 6

Stearman - 7

McCarthy - 6

McAuley - 5

Maybury - 4

Low - 5

Williams - 6

Wesolowski - 7

Porter - 7

O'Grady - 8

Hume - 4

Hughes - 5

Anyone care to explain the logic behind Maybury playing out of position (no suprise) at left back when Sheehan is available? Beats me.

If O'Grady doesn't start on Saturday something is very wrong.

Bearing in mind that it is only Macclesfield, and they were very poor, these ratings are based on how they played in the situation - ie, a cup game vs a poor side. Therefore, an 8 or 9 is nothing to get excited by.

Logan - 8 - Made a top class save in the first half and used his head a few times. Should start ahead of Henderson imo.

Maybury - 4 - Poor distribution and shooting, was caught out of position a few times.

McCarthy - 6 - Good goal but makes some silly mistakes

McAuley - 7 - Looked commanding at times, unco-ordinated at others.

Stearman - 5 - Out of sorts, although he did do some good things.

Porter - 9 (MOTM) - Incredible performance. Took on players, nice touches, neat balls, great confidence. I went to school with this kid :cool: Although he was 3 years above...

Weso - 8 - Commanding display, although he wouldn't get that much time or space in the Championship. (he also went to my school, 2 years above :cool: )

Williams - 7 - Was useful at times.

Low - 7 - As above.

Hume - 6 - Needs another goal, quickly.

O Grady - 8.5 - Held the ball up supremely well and should have had another after nice play by Porter and Hughes.

Opinions?

Logan 7 - Rushes out well, a few good saves, the best kicing gk we have.

Stearman 7 - Some good touches and headers supported J-lo well.

Maybury 6 - Wasted most of ourchances always seemed a yard off the pace.

McCarthy 7 - Goal and a cool head, needs to stop doing a Dabizas though.

McCauley - 7 shakey start grew in confidence as the game wore on.

Low - 7 Started off well, went missing for a bit then ended well.

Porter 8 - Excellent touches, pace, passing movement and awareness.

Williams 7 - has anexcelent touch and good vison, shame most of his balls were long.

Weso - 8 Always chasing and looking to create openings.

Hume 7 - Chased down brilliantly, nothing came his way.

O'Grady 9 - Excellent finish, awesome touch good hold up play, quick feet and good use of stength.

Logan 7

Stearman 7 - improved, still not on par with Kenton's displays though

McCarthy 7

Mcauley 8 - Showed he's more than capable of coving for paddy mac or K

Maybury 6- showed more effort but even less quality

Low 7- did well

Weso 8- made good use of a lot of space given to him

Williams 7

Porter 8- cemented his place for southend- exciting prospect

Hume 6- at times was good at times was not, won't regain his place on that performance

O'grady 8- Did very well given first start. ariel threat which we don't have with Hume/ Fryatt /hammond threat and very good on the floor

Logan 7.5 (One vital block, good saves and solid decision making)

Stearman 8 (Back to his very best. Determined defending and lots of supportive attacking).

McCarthy 6.5 (Casual at time but helped by a well taken goal)

McAuley 6 (Not convincing).

Maybury 6.5 (Game effort. Some good work. But woefully out of position)

Low 7 (Always involved, kept trying to get round the back and fed plenty of ball into the box)

Wesolowski 7 (Started to dictate second half)

Williams 7 (Gets a bit ambitious but benefitted from having far more alternatives than usual)

Porter 7.5 (Involved in so many of our most dangerous moves)

O'Grady 9 (MoM for me. Always involved. Good goal and almost faultless ball retention)

Hume 7.5 (Constant threat and good link-up work)

Sub: Hughes 6.5 (Busy and reliable)

Anyone care to explain the logic behind Maybury playing out of position (no suprise) at left back when Sheehan is available? Beats me.

To make that halfwit Quinn think that he actually is actually is a left back, of course.

Logan - 7.5 made a fantastic close range save.

Stearman - 7 lost the ball once, but had run his heart out just before, and all night.

McCarthy - 6 wasn't troubled.

McAuley - 6 same, but too cautious at mo.

Maybury - 6.5 out of position, so not easy, produced a cool chip to o'grady.

Low - 7 this guy impressies me more game by game. well done rob, good signing.

Williams - 5.5 his attitude when passing a simple ball is like he's just produced a maradona wonder pass, grow up fool, we care, do you???

Wesolowski - 7 what a great sight to see weso at full pelt, if only for 70 mins against MTFC...

Porter - 7.5 kept his place for saturday, ran his little legs off, should've scored, free header 6 yard box.

O'Grady - 8.5 this guy really impressed me, his ability to chest the ball down is quite something. he's quick, and scored a great goal.

Hume - 7.5 work-a-holick, with beauty in his stride, passing ability like a premiership player. without enthusiasm like his, we'd struggle.

Hughes - 4

Kelly - 7 i was worried about the possible line up, but he prooved me wrong. Im more and more liking this guy. Keep it going mate!

Care to explain why you only gave Humey a 4 :cry: yes sheehan should've started, but sunderland scouts were there.

Bearing in mind that it is only Macclesfield, and they were very poor, these ratings are based on how they played in the situation - ie, a cup game vs a poor side. Therefore, an 8 or 9 is nothing to get excited by.

Logan - 8 - Made a top class save in the first half and used his head a few times. Should start ahead of Henderson imo.

Maybury - 4 - Poor distribution and shooting, was caught out of position a few times.

McCarthy - 6 - Good goal but makes some silly mistakes

McAuley - 7 - Looked commanding at times, unco-ordinated at others.

Stearman - 5 - Out of sorts, although he did do some good things.

Porter - 9 (MOTM) - Incredible performance. Took on players, nice touches, neat balls, great confidence. I went to school with this kid :cool: Although he was 3 years above...

Weso - 8 - Commanding display, although he wouldn't get that much time or space in the Championship. (he also went to my school, 2 years above :cool: )

Williams - 7 - Was useful at times.

Low - 7 - As above.

Hume - 6 - Needs another goal, quickly.

O Grady - 8.5 - Held the ball up supremely well and should have had another after nice play by Porter and Hughes.

Opinions?

I went to your school...1bout 7 years ago! And now I play for...errr.....

Logan 8- I thought he made good saves, came out when needed and he can kick it far and accurate unlike Hendo.

Stearman 7- Much better back to his old self.

McAuley 8- Thought he did smashing and won a lot of balls in the air.

McCarthy 7- Was ok finally got his goal should have had another though

Maybury 6- Thinks his Steven Gerrard but did try his best bless him.

Low 7- He had another good game always involved.

Williams 7- Did alright some good touches unlucky with his strikes.

Porter 9- This lad is fantastic! I always thought he wuldnt make the step up but hes great! Always taking on defenders, tries his heart out and gets involved MOM.

O'Grady 9- Brilliant as well, held up the ball well, finally weve got smeone who can head it and got a smashing goal.

Hume 6- Didnt do a lot for me. Missing his crucial form sometimes it looks like he isnt intrested.

Weso 7- Did alriht winning the ball and giving it wide. DId his job.

Hughes 6- Did alrite

I'm reading here for a while, but this is my first post.

I wonder since some time what Gareth Williams has to do to please you.

He had a good game yesterday, he had chances to score and did assist the second goal. But still some of you don't find other words than 'useful some moments'. Any other player playing the same stuff would get the best marks. So what?

For me Williams is one of the better players of the club. He is different, he is not the usual fighter and battler. But he is a fine player, an accurate and intelligent player. He adds something to the squad, other clubs don't have. I don't think that every player should play the same kind. A good squad needs depth and different players for different situations. I can see his weak points, but he still has a lot to give. And I am sure Kelly knows that as well. So give the guy a chance and try to accept his qualities. A bit more fairness would do him good. He deserves it.

My problem with Williams is that he's not quick enough and doesn't support the strikers. He's not a grafter and you can't play him with another player who doesn't tackle. Kelly ends up playing him alongside someone like Weso or Johnson every time but for me he doesn't add enough either defensively, in terms of supporting the strikers with runs from midfield or with his all round play to merit inclusion in an ideal XI in my opinion.

Without a doubt Williams is our best passer of the ball, and if you had read some of my match ratings for him last year you would see I'm one of his biggest fans. Yes, he has some sublime skills, but he just seems lazy sometimes, and I think that is what annoys a lot of people on here.

I'm reading here for a while, but this is my first post.

I wonder since some time what Gareth Williams has to do to please you.

He had a good game yesterday, he had chances to score and did assist the second goal. But still some of you don't find other words than 'useful some moments'. Any other player playing the same stuff would get the best marks. So what?

For me Williams is one of the better players of the club. He is different, he is not the usual fighter and battler. But he is a fine player, an accurate and intelligent player. He adds something to the squad, other clubs don't have. I don't think that every player should play the same kind. A good squad needs depth and different players for different situations. I can see his weak points, but he still has a lot to give. And I am sure Kelly knows that as well. So give the guy a chance and try to accept his qualities. A bit more fairness would do him good. He deserves it.

HI Gareth!! :wave:

Without a doubt Williams is our best passer of the ball, and if you had read some of my match ratings for him last year you would see I'm one of his biggest fans. Yes, he has some sublime skills, but he just seems lazy sometimes, and I think that is what annoys a lot of people on here.

I'd contest that C-man but he can be a good passer, no doubt. The problem with Williams is that he wants to make a spectacular pass before a simple one and sometimes wants too much time to do it.

Too often his longer passes are inaccurate anyway and I much preferred him last night when he played the simple give and goes because his control and weight of pass is excellent and he seemed to thoroughly enjoy having options all around him.

I do think that the more footballers we have in the team the easier Williams will find it and the more enjoyable but I'd be happier if he kept it simple and concentrated on having more shots and getting into the box more often.

I'd contest that C-man but he can be a good passer, no doubt. The problem with Williams is that he wants to make a spectacular pass before a simple one and sometimes wants too much time to do it.

Too often his longer passes are inaccurate anyway and I much preferred him last night when he played the simple give and goes because his control and weight of pass is excellent and he seemed to thoroughly enjoy having options all around him.

I do think that the more footballers we have in the team the easier Williams will find it and the more enjoyable but I'd be happier if he kept is simple and concentrated on having more shots and getting into the box more often.

Can't disagree although my wish is that he would get into the game more often.

Archived