Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tevez

Is Fryatt Lost Without Hume?

im sure he is missing the partership with him. fryatt didnt really seem to get in the game today and it was a shame fryatt subbed for hume where it should of been johnson or o grady for hume.

why should it have been o'grady or johnson?

Stop bumming fryatt. he has done nothing all season and o'grady deserves to be ahead of him

Stop bumming fryatt. he has done nothing all season and o'grady deserves to be ahead of him

Very true O'Grady deserved his start today and played well Fryatt should have got more involved today even though Hume didn't start.

im sure he is missing the partership with him. fryatt didnt really seem to get in the game today and it was a shame fryatt subbed for hume where it should of been johnson or o grady for hume.

Fryatt has gotta earn the status of being the striker that is never taken of whether he scores or not.

Remember he is only 19.

Only scored 6 goals for the club.

I think he needs to earn that starting spot.

I just think he is lacking in confidence, and has soon he gets a goal then the rest will follow.

Every striker has a goal draught and as soon Fryatt gets over this one then i'm sure he will back to his best.

Also its not as if he is playing badly.

The times i've seen him play he has chased every ball giving 100%.

He just needs that goal to get him started.

i wish everyone would just get off Fryatts back! i'll admit he's had a poor start to the season but for gods sake show some support for the lad. he did well last season and he'll be back, just you wait

I'm not getting on his back. But everyone has to earn there place in the side. He got the starting place on the form from last season which was brilliant. No complaints.

But this is a new season. Fresh slate. And he hasnt been the same standard.

I agree that a goal is all that he needs. But look what happened with Hume. He got a shock of not starting and then he got the goal he needed to bring back some confidence.

O'Grady has earnt the right to pitch-time. I think Fryatt needs to start earning some to. A striker is there to score goals and he hasnt done that yet. He is a great player and is destined for big things. But maybe he needs to lose his place in order to re-find the form which will get him his place back straight away.

But i do think Fryatt is a great player who should be in the starting line up, just think he's gotta earn it again as Hume and O Grady have both got on the score sheet this season in less pitch time.

So lets get behind Fryatt when hes on the pitch and the goals will come.

But maybe somebody else should be given the chance to score the goals.

Hammond was dropped today and maybe that was because a lack of goals. What makes Fryatt so special.

Lastly i wouldnt say i am fickle. Maybe realistic.

I want to see Fryatt topping the scoring charts for us.

Come on get real he's a poacher. A great finisher. How many chances have our uber creative midfield created for him? I'd say less than 3 all season (in fact I can't even remember one). The only chance he had was the one against Burnley which he created himself.

If things progress I can see him leaving soon because our style of football is doing nothing for his career at all.

Fryatt will come good, he's just going through a dry patch, and let's face it every striker has them, it's just good that the dry patch is now and not at a more important time, such as later on in the season.

Fryatt is a top class player, if you feed him the goals will come. Give him time!

Oh, and O'grady is improving game by game. I prefer Hume coming on off the bench with his pace and skill when the opposition’s players are slightly tired he can cause many problems for them, he proved what an impact he can make like he did today

Fryatt is a top class player, if you feed him the goals will come. Give him time!

Oh, and O'grady is improving game by game. I prefer Hume coming on off the bench with his pace and skill when the opposition’s players are slightly tired he can cause many problems for them, he proved what an impact he can make like he did today

“I have a cunning plan my lord!†(Oh God I so love Blackadder2)

How about we drop Johnson for Hume? Hold on hear me out.!

Personally after seeing AJ’s “performance†from my seat in F1 block I don’t think we would miss him. He‘s not the best passer on the pitch, he’s not particularly quick, prone to the Hoof football tactic, not as creative IMO as say, Hughes or Williams.

While HUUUUUME on the other hand is, Quicker, more attack minded, cut’s defenses open, more creative, gives the opposition something to think about, not as lazy as AJ and given the chance, will score you a goal or two. The only down side I can think of playing Hume over Johnson is “maybe†Johnson is a little better defensively but the plus’s out way that one little minus

What do you think am I talking BOLL**KS or does my idea have some merit?

AJ just needs to stick to what he did in the second half, winning tackles and getting stuck in! Aj's cross-field passing is effing useless and when he decided today it wasn't working and got stuck into the midfield battle he impressed me for the first time this season.

Blimey I’m feeling positive tonight!! :thumbup:

I've had a good day

Fryatt's trouble stems from his lack of raw pace. the very best strikers tend to have it and can thus make their own chances.

plus the fact we are not delivering the type of passes upon which he can thrive. he badly needs a goal though and if he doesn't get one soon will have to forfeit his place.

Fryatt's trouble stems from his lack of raw pace. the very best strikers tend to have it and can thus make their own chances.

plus the fact we are not delivering the type of passes upon which he can thrive. he badly needs a goal though and if he doesn't get one soon will have to forfeit his place.

Teddy Sheringham

Matt Le Tissier

Niall Quinn.

All three of these made it in the premiership, all made it internationally and one of them won the champions league.

You don't necessarily have to have pace to be a good striker.

i would agree on todays performance,because dropping Hume seems to of made him more hungry so the same may happen with Fryatt!

Teddy Sheringham

Matt Le Tissier

Niall Quinn.

All three of these made it in the premiership, all made it internationally and one of them won the champions league.

You don't necessarily have to have pace to be a good striker.

I don't recall Shearer being lightening quick either. And Dean Ashton isn't the quickest.

Stop slagging this bloke off it is clear he is our most talented player, why don't you concentrate on the lack of service the rest of the team are giving him i don't think i can remember him having a ball played to his feet in the whole 2nd half yesterday.

Rant over

Stop slagging this bloke off it is clear he is our most talented player, why don't you concentrate on the lack of service the rest of the team are giving him i don't think i can remember him having a ball played to his feet in the whole 2nd half yesterday.

Rant over

Fair comment. He does need theright sort of passes and support. That's one of the reasons I thought yesterday's team selection was such an unnecessary backward step.

i wish everyone would just get off Fryatts back! i'll admit he's had a poor start to the season but for gods sake show some support for the lad. he did well last season and he'll be back, just you wait

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Why should Fryatt be treated different to any other under performing striker we've had at the club?

We were giving Akinbiyi stick from day one. Why should Fryatt be the special one?

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Why should Fryatt be treated different to any other under performing striker we've had at the club?

We were giving Akinbiyi stick from day one. Why should Fryatt be the special one?

Most of our underperformers in recent years have been more experienced/older - Akinbiyi, if I'm not mistaken, was about 26 when he signed for us. We paid five and a half million pounds for him. That wasn't a great combination. You expect players you pay over 5 million for, at that age, to do marvellous things. He didn't.

Fryatt on the other hand is young. He's only 20, and we've spent less than a million on him so far.

Fryatt just needs a goal to boost his confidence, and as long as the fans are still backing him, he could turn around his indifferent start and do well for us this season.

Basically he's still young, he just need a goal to get himself back on track - that's why it's sensible not to go around slating him.

Most of our underperformers in recent years have been more experienced/older - Akinbiyi, if I'm not mistaken, was about 26 when he signed for us. We paid five and a half million pounds for him. That wasn't a great combination. You expect players you pay over 5 million for, at that age, to do marvellous things. He didn't.

Fryatt on the other hand is young. He's only 20, and we've spent less than a million on him so far.

Fryatt just needs a goal to boost his confidence, and as long as the fans are still backing him, he could turn around his indifferent start and do well for us this season.

Basically he's still young, he just need a goal to get himself back on track - that's why it's sensible not to go around slating him.

It wasn't Akinbiyi's fault that Taylor chose to spend £5 million on him :rolleyes:

Archived