Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
escape2victory

Gareth Williams

After another abject central midfield display from Hughes, surely its time for Williams to come back into the side. On his day (which i admit doesnt happen 2 often ) he is techniqually our best midfielder. I thought against Luton he along with Kenton were our best players and it was unfortunate that he got injured against Burnley because he was having a decent performance. I feel that since Kelly has took over, Williams form has improved culminating in a great goal against Norwich. Also with his contract expiring in the summer, this should give him the imputus to knucke down, and I feel that given a chance, now is when we will see the best of Williams.

Tho I feel that iam leaving myself open to critism, just because he played for Forest !!

I hope you're right!

He's definitely got the potential, he's definitely got a bit of flair about him, it'd just be nice to see him putting the effort in rather than letting everyone else do it for him.

Yeah bring back the man who helped us lose the first two games in such style.

Why should Williams get more chances than Hughes.

Say No to Williams!!!!!!!!

I doubt RK will change his winning team but I agree with Babylon, GW was given starting roles in the first 2 games and we lost but it's debateable whether the losses were his fault though!!!! :rolleyes:

Maybe he'll start playing well in March, three months before his contract's up, and just as Forest are about to be promoted...

Maybe...

on that forum that the other collymore posts on, there's a mini-campaign to get the lazy one back.

and i don't see why we should change a winning side, we maybe be playing boringly, but if (massive if) we were to go up we would then have more £ to spend and get better players in, even if we finish quite high up the table we'll get a few bob.

Wesolowski is the only central midfielder who we can rely upon once he regains his match fitness. The other 3 will have to battle it out to get the other spot surely. It's so frustrating because not one of them instantly fits the bill.

I'd probably go with Johnson and Weso to start off with and see how that goes, i'm pretty confident that Weso could play the box-to-box midfield job very well and support our attackers when needed.

i would say put him back in,hughes has done nothing special although not alot wrong.when GW plays well he is better than SH at his best. but whether he can do that for city is questionable.only one way to find out! :thumbup:

I just cannot see why RK prefers Hughes to Williams. Hughes is reasonably slow, rarely creative with his passing and always fades right out of the game by the hour mark. I know Williams is the hardest worker but he was our best player against Luton and I certainly think he could strike a good balance with Johnson.

:blink::blink::blink:

Considering he is not a particularly big bloke and is always under great pressure, O'Grady controls and holds the ball exceptionally well these days and his distribution is usually quite sound as well. Williams, for me, is quite good with his one touch play but often takes too long to play his longer passes and is often inaccurate.

Considering Williams is often under relatively little pressure I'd rate O'Grady higher.

Archived