Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Hereford summary

I was really disappoinetd when Sylla came on and Dodds stayed on the bench...one has a future at the club, the other surely hasn't...

A bit weird tactically yesterday when Paddy K got sent off...Maybury moved into the middle and Stearman stayed out, we played Sylla in the middle...very strange.

Am I the only person who thinks playing Elvis is a bit short-termist? Yes he did enough to help us beat Hereford but he's shown on a consistent basis he's not up to the job in the wider scheme of things (i.e. getting us anywhere near the Premiership). At least Dodds might turn out to be a quality player if he ever gets a kick in games like this.

I agree, it appears his best performances are against lower league teams and in friendlies. He did run their defence ragged but can't seem to do it against average Championship teams.

Thrach, were you the bloke stood next to me with a notepad taking notes?

No.

I was sat inconspiciously in the stands, exchanging quiet pleasantries with the excellent company around me and earlier I was delighted to pass a little time with a young lady I won't name but who was probably the loveliest sight I have ever seen in a City shirt these last 50 years.

I won't say who's name her shirt bore, but while he may have his head screwed on as a footballer, he must have some choice of company to have apparently moved on from the smashing girl I spoke to.

Am I the only person who thinks playing Elvis is a bit short-termist? Yes he did enough to help us beat Hereford but he's shown on a consistent basis he's not up to the job in the wider scheme of things (i.e. getting us anywhere near the Premiership). At least Dodds might turn out to be a quality player if he ever gets a kick in games like this.

I agree about Dodds but if I were compiling a retained list right now there's a lot of players I would leave out of my squad before Hammond.

I've mentioned before that, until Chambers breaks onto the scene, Hammond is the only player we have with genuine pace.

Apart from his goal the pass he laid in for Porter was perfect and it isn't the first time I've seen him play well with such people around him.

If Hume could play midfield with Weso then we could have O'Grady/Fryatt as first choice strikers and Hammond/Dodds as regular alternatives. Are we blessed or what?

Especially if Kelly would have the nerve to play Gradel and Porter as proper wide men.

Why we need the likes of 33-year-old Asaba knocking about I've no idea.

I was really disappoinetd when Sylla came on and Dodds stayed on the bench...one has a future at the club, the other surely hasn't...

A bit weird tactically yesterday when Paddy K got sent off...Maybury moved into the middle and Stearman stayed out, we played Sylla in the middle...very strange.

A supporter in front of me summed it up when he said he was putting Sylla in the shop window.

I replied that the shop windows were in the High Street just up the road, and he should play people who, in exactly the words you used, "have a future at the club".

No.

I was sat inconspiciously in the stands, exchanging quiet pleasantries with the excellent company around me and earlier I was delighted to pass a little time with a young lady I won't name but who was probably the loveliest sight I have ever seen in a City shirt these last 50 years.

I won't say who's name her shirt bore, but while he may have his head screwed on as a footballer, he must have some choice of company to have apparently moved on from the smashing girl I spoke to.

Levi 27?

Think I know who your talking about, spotted her in the boozer.

I honestly cannot recall Maybury doing anything of note, either good or bad. He was busy enough and Hereford didn't pose any particular threat down his flank other than the odd run and cross during their purple patch early in the second half.

Maybury was shoite

Tiatto was worse!

OK he runs around like a headless chicken but there's no end product waste of space imo

Levi 27?

That's the one. Amy I think!

I must have been in there same time as you cos I saw her in the stand when we got to the ground - you wouldn't miss her - and she looked even prettier close up.

That's the one.

I must have been in there same time as you cos I saw her in the stand when we got to the ground - you wouldn't miss her - and she looked even prettier close up.

I think you need some of this :rolleyes:

pyridostigmine.jpg

No.

That's the one. Amy!

I think it's Safe to say that you will never work for our secret service.

Levi 27?

Was she actually fit, or is this another interpretation of Thracs over inflated opinion of Levi Porter.

Was she actually fit, or is this another interpretation of Thracs over inflated opinion of Levi Porter.

Levi 27 was like as a Neon sign on her back - so once revealed I don't think she was going to remain incognito. :whistle:

Not sure mate, didn't get that good a look of her but I did notice her shirt with Levi on the back and after hearinf Thrac's assessment on the player who's name she had on the back of her shirt instantly led me to this boiler.

That's the one. Amy I think!

Enjoyed your well written report of the game. You obviously took notes, however, if you are going to talk about beautiful girls in this way, please take a camera next time? Simple candid shots of her,would have been a most welcome addition to your well crafted tome. :yesyes:

Archived