Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Joe.

Strike Partnership Poll

Which strike partnership would you choose?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Poll

• Fryatt/Hume
    • Fryatt/ O'Grady
    • Fryatt/ Hammond
    • Hume/ O'Grady
    • Hume/Hammond
    • O'Grady/Hammond

I'd chose O'Grady over Fryatt at the moment. Fryatt isn't firing on all cylinders at the moment and I think O'Grady can be a handful sometimes for defenders with his strength and heading ability. Hume needs a decent run in the team and I think he could provide if picked.

Fryatt and Hume because how effective they were last season. I don't see why Hume doesn't start he gives 100% each game and seems to have something about him that gets the fans going.

It's all sheer sentiment. As strikers not one of them has done anything to justify a place. But they've had sod all for service. It's no use basing anything on last season. O'Grady didn't play in a genuine striking role last season apart from brief cameos and Joey supported everything our strikers did..

As for this season how can anyone make judgement? We've five goals to our name in nine League games and only two from the three strikers combined but O'Grady's had to shoulder the holding role.

If I was O'Grady I'd do what Fryatt does. Stay selfish and shoot - otherwise he'll forever be the whipping boy.

He should get the ball in the net. Scoring speaks for itself. Sod the team effort and bringing other people into the game - when and if they ever arrive or if Kelly ever picks someone to "arrive". It won't be appreciated.

I would love the strikers we've got at Leicester City in any team of mine. Any of them.

But I sure as hell wouldn't want some of what's around them. Not even in a non-League team.

PS: Sorry about that. But I find it totally frustrating discussing the merits and failings of perfectly good strikers simply because our manager never plays the supporting players to bring the best out of them.

People from the club say it'll take time. It doesn't take time to ditch ineffective, unenthusiastic players and replace them with people who can be effective and are always enthusiastic.

People who will chase not trot, people who will tackle not dangle a leg, people who will take people on and shoot. People who will help others til it hurts, not leave them isolated. And people who will not continually pass the buck.

In my team first and foremost I'd want 11x100%ers. O'Grady's 100%, Hume's 100% and I'm prepared to give Fryatt the benefit of some doubt. Then I'd want eight more.

So the answer----all three!

Fryatt and Hume.

They are the only two strikers we have that are good enough at the moment. Hammond might be quick but he's a jigsaw - he falls to pieces in the box.

O'Grady has potential but he's now been given plenty of chances and hasn't looked like scoring in any of the league games i've seen this season. Dodds should be given a chance from the bench but again it's unthinkable to think he can play a realistic part in scoring plenty of goals for us just yet.

Chambers isn't even starting for the Under 18's and i'm starting to wonder whether the current coaches have the same vision that Levein had with him? Or perhaps they are just being sensible, he's still ripping them in for England most games he starts for them.

For the next two months I'd like to see Porter, O'Grady and Hume start up front.

A number of us have wondered if 4-3-3 would suit our players better but there's been no signs of RK changing his stance on 4-4-2. I see little to lose by finding out even if I wouldn't necessarily do it that way because I'd worry about what we've got left for a midfield.

Archived