Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert_Ross

Morrissey

Fair enough he`s not everyones cup of tea but to me the man is a legend!!!

So many good songs with clever lyrics, 'everyday is like sunday' has to be one of my favourate tracks of all time.

seen him 3 times live and he is amazing 'live at earls court' album proves that fact.

the smiths and morrissey :thumbup:

Fair enough he`s not everyones cup of tea but to me the man is a legend!!!

So many good songs with clever lyrics, 'everyday is like sunday' has to be one of my favourate tracks of all time.

seen him 3 times live and he is amazing 'live at earls court' album proves that fact.

the smiths and morrissey :thumbup:

he's like the grandfather of pop, now we're allowed (by the music press) to like him again!

rock-a-billy oh yes indeed!

Genius is a word that gets used too much. More than helicoptor even. It's the 6,595th most used word in printed English, in fact.

I'd apply it to Morrissey though (genius, not helicoptor). Yeah, he's had couple of duff albums, but when you consider the amount of highs in his career, who cares?

Nothing without Marr :ph34r:

2 number 1 solo albums suggest otherwise.

He lives off past glories to some extent, but at his peak he is the greatest living lyricist.

The man is an icon, simple as! :worship::worship::worship:

He's a good lyricist.

But the man in my avatar is easily his superior.

Agreed, they are not in the same league, Dylan changed a generation Morrissey, although very talented just hasn't had the same impact on so many people.

2 number 1 solo albums suggest otherwise.

Aaah must've left out the all important words 'In my opinion' :D

I've tried to get into Morrissey's solo efforts, I've got Viva Hate and Your Arsenal both of which have their moments, but the songs just don't stand out or grab me anywhere near as much as almost every Smiths song does. As far as I'm concerned Johnny Marr is every bit as much of a genius as Moz, the Smiths had a LOT of songs and they were largely written musically to a really really high standard. No-one plays or writes like Marr.

The more recent Morrissey material is IN MY OPINION pretty boring, couple of decent singles, nothing more.

I like Morrissey. I just think it's wrong to say that he's more talented than Marr because of the fact that he's had 8 albums, regardless of quality.

bona drag

ringleader of tormentors

vauhall and I

you are the quarry

your arsenal

there's the quality!!!

nothing without Marr yeah right.

Agreed, they are not in the same league, Dylan changed a generation Morrissey, although very talented just hasn't had the same impact on so many people.

Dylan deserves respect but to credit him with that kind of influence is OTT.

And like Moz, he's had his ups and downs during his career.

Archived