Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert_Ross

Morrissey

Fantastic show in Sheffield on Friday, including loads of Smiths songs.

Thanks to Fez for letting me have his tickets off him. A great gig and text updates of the City score made for a great night

Ah excellent stuff, glad my birthday present didn't go to waste. If Morrissey can keep illness free we shall be seeing him next Saturday in Liverpool instead, so glad I didn't miss QPR in the end.

This will be a momentous moment in my life and I'm scared shiteless.

Ah excellent stuff, glad my birthday present didn't go to waste. If Morrissey can keep illness free we shall be seeing him next Saturday in Liverpool instead, so glad I didn't miss QPR in the end.

I know what you mean I'd been a fan of Pearl Jam for 15 years before I saw them live and I'm not ashamed to admit I cried a little when they started the first song, its the build up of the past years of listening to a band, the changes you go through growing up with a band, bands and music that shape your life and then suddenly there they are...very emotional.

I was lucky enough to see Morrissey in the early 90's but now he does loads of smiths stuff I think I might try and see him again.

I know what you mean I'd been a fan of Pearl Jam for 15 years before I saw them live and I'm not ashamed to admit I cried a little when they started the first song, its the build up of the past years of listening to a band, the changes you go through growing up with a band, bands and music that shape your life and then suddenly there they are...very emotional.

I was lucky enough to see Morrissey in the early 90's but now he does loads of smiths stuff I think I might try and see him again.

Oh no, I'll definitely cry. I'm trying to prepare myself for it but I don't think anything can. I realise all this may sound over dramatic but I don't think anyone quite realises how much this means to me, apart from maybe the person who made all this possible in the first place.

I finally saw him live for the first time earlier this year in Hull. He had missed a few gigs through illness shortly before Hull, but he appeared to be fighting fit and able when I saw him. Sadly, I couldn't get tickets for the Headland gig in Hartlepool but Hull was a good alternative for me.

He was incredible and carried the whole gig off with immense swagger. The Hull crowd were really up for it too, which helped. The highlight for me was 'How Soon Is Now?' - I can't really put into words what it meant to me to hear him do that live, and how good it actually sounded too.

It was mainly new stuff, but with a few oldies thrown in too - a couple off 'Vauxhall and I', and maybe 3-4 other Smiths songs including the random but brilliant selection of 'I Keep Mine Hidden'.

If he's got the inclination to tour again, I'll be there with ruddy great big bells on.

One of those tickets was yours? I had literally no idea. Thanks to you as well.

If the Liverpool is even half as good as Sheffield was you'll have a great time

One of those tickets was yours? I had literally no idea. Thanks to you as well.

If the Liverpool is even half as good as Sheffield was you'll have a great time

Ahh thanks, I hope so too. Yes, Fez being the lovely chap he is decided it was about time I went to see Morrissey so got me a ticket for my birthday (which was in June haha) Obviously was going to Sheffield but QPR and bloody SKY took over so now we are trying again in Liverpool. Fingers crossed!

I loved the Smiths in my younger day but sorry... its a plastic cup with beer/water in and it really couldnt have hurt him that much... hes just had a strop about it. He shouldnt be touring if he cant cope with this sort of thing. Hardly fair on all the other fans. :rolleyes:

Jeez some of concerts I used to go to years ago were a lot bloody worse than that lol.

Someone chucked something at Terry Hall at a Specials gig and he smacked him round the head with the mic stand and carried on :giggle:

Archived