Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert_Ross

Morrissey

headlined Reading and Leeds this year didnt he :ph34r:

Aaah must've left out the all important words 'In my opinion'

:doh:

Like I say, I gave his solo stuff a chance, and I thought it was rubbish.

Never mind eh, there'll be more room at the Morrissey show for you to take off your underwear and throw it at him :P

Dylan deserves respect but to credit him with that kind of influence is OTT.

And like Moz, he's had his ups and downs during his career.

I don't want to get in a x > y scenario here when of course it's all about perception and personal taste/choice but to use the flawed logic which others have done on here... I think you'll find that in terms of number of good solo albums, Dylan pis ses all over Morrisey's morose, morbid, melancholy, irritating rat like face.

I don't want to get in a x > y scenario here when of course it's all about perception and personal taste/choice but to use the flawed logic which others have done on here... I think you'll find that in terms of number of good solo albums, Dylan pis ses all over Morrisey's morose, morbid, melancholy, irritating rat like face.

Harsh!

I feel about Morrissey the same you feel about Dylan (who I cannot stand :) )

Harsh!

I feel about Morrissey the same you feel about Dylan (who I cannot stand :) )

You might well say it's harsh, but I was just using the (hugely flawed) logic that supposedly the more albums an artist releases in their own right, the better they are.

You'll find Dylan's catalogue to be extensive, to say the least. You'll also find some of the defining albums of all time in there.

I've not got anything against Morissey and to be fair, I can see that he splits opinion, really polarises opinion... I just happen to be on a different side of the divide.

You might well say it's harsh, but I was just using the (hugely flawed) logic that supposedly the more albums an artist releases in their own right, the better they are.

You'll find Dylan's catalogue to be extensive, to say the least. You'll also find some of the defining albums of all time in there.

I've not got anything against Morissey and to be fair, I can see that he splits opinion, really polarises opinion... I just happen to be on a different side of the divide.

Im of the opinion that id rather an artist realised two or three fantastic albums, than a load of hit or misses just so people wont forget you exist. If you are good enough, you will always be remembered.

Im of the opinion that id rather an artist realised two or three fantastic albums, than a load of hit or misses just so people wont forget you exist. If you are good enough, you will always be remembered.

I'm of that opinion too.

I was just countering what somebody else said on here and shooting them down in flames, utilising their own flawed logic.

I went New Parks ive no idea what that word means.

Record

1. to set down in writing or the like, as for the purpose of preserving evidence.

2. to cause to be set down or registered: to record one's vote.

3. to state or indicate: He recorded his protest, but it was disregarded.

4. to serve to relate or to tell of: The document records that the battle took place six years earlier.

5. to set down or register in some permanent form, as on a seismograph.

6. to set down, register, or fix by characteristic marks, incisions, magnetism, etc., for the purpose of reproduction by a phonograph or magnetic reproducer.

7. to make a recording of: The orchestra recorded the 6th Symphony.

–verb (used without object)

8. to record something; make a record.

–noun record

9. an act of recording.

10. the state of being recorded, as in writing.

11. an account in writing or the like preserving the memory or knowledge of facts or events.

12. information or knowledge preserved in writing or the like.

13. a report, list, or aggregate of actions or achievements: He made a good record in college. The ship has a fine sailing record.

14. a legally documented history of criminal activity: They discovered that the suspect had a record.

15. something or someone serving as a remembrance; memorial: Keep this souvenir as a record of your visit.

16. the tracing, marking, or the like, made by a recording instrument.

17. something on which sound or images have been recorded for subsequent reproduction, as a grooved disk that is played on a phonograph or an optical disk for recording sound (audiodisk) or images (videodisk). Compare compact disk.

18. the highest or best rate, amount, etc., ever attained, esp. in sports: to hold the record for home runs; to break the record in the high jump.

19. Sports. the standing of a team or individual with respect to contests won, lost, and tied.

20. an official writing intended to be preserved.

21. Computers. a group of related fields, or a single field, treated as a unit and comprising part of a file or data set, for purposes of input, processing, output, or storage by a computer.

22. Law. a. the commitment to writing, as authentic evidence, of something having legal importance, esp. as evidence of the proceedings or verdict of a court.

b. evidence preserved in this manner.

c. an authentic or official written report of proceedings of a court of justice.

–adjective record 23. making or affording a record.

24. surpassing or superior to all others: a record year for automobile sales.

â€â€Idioms

25. go on record, to issue a public statement of one's opinion or stand: He went on record as advocating immediate integration.

26. off the record, a. not intended for publication; unofficial; confidential: The President's comment was strictly off the record.

b. not registered or reported as a business transaction; off the books.

27. on record, a. existing as a matter of public knowledge; known.

b. existing in a publication, document, file, etc.: There was no birth certificate on record.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Origin: 1175–1225; 1875–80 for def. 17; (v.) ME recorden < OF recorder < L recordārī to remember, recollect (re- re- + cord- (s. of cors) heart + -ārī inf. ending); (n.) ME record(e) < OF, deriv. of recorder; cf. ML recordum]

• 3 years later...

Archived