Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert_Ross

Morrissey

I loved the Smiths in my younger day but sorry... its a plastic cup with beer/water in and it really couldnt have hurt him that much... hes just had a strop about it. He shouldnt be touring if he cant cope with this sort of thing. Hardly fair on all the other fans. :rolleyes:

Jeez some of concerts I used to go to years ago were a lot bloody worse than that lol.

Someone chucked something at Terry Hall at a Specials gig and he smacked him round the head with the mic stand and carried on :giggle:

Exactly. Some people are saying "he's 50 and he's had health problems recently". Yeh... ? Shouldn't really be performing if he can't hack it. Had nothing to do with health anyway, he was looking and moving about just great. Just a miserable sod. (Obviously he always has been, but you'd think he'd have a bit more respect and passion for the music if anything.) Meant to be a frigging New York Dolls fan ferchrissakes, surely he's experience rock and roll gigs. Even though I'm not condoning what happened.

Jeez some of concerts I used to go to years ago were a lot bloody worse than that lol.

meatloaf_tyler_gal_431.jpg

"Reading Festival in the 1970s and 1980s was largely a metal-fest to which non-headbangers ventured at their peril. In 1988, Meat Loaf was bombarded with bottles of urine and stopped his set to inquire: "You wanna rock 'n' roll, or you wanna throw stuff?" A cider flagon in the face supplied his answer, and he stormed off. Welsh power balladeer Bonnie Tyler received the same Neanderthal treatment and, to her huge credit, pluckily persevered to the end of her set."

I was there.

At least he finished his set in Finsbury Park (92) at Madstock, after being hit by an orange juice carton...even if it was a pretty poor set.

• 3 weeks later...

The scouse fcukwits got what they deserved.

If Moz had gone back on stage, who's to say the next bottle wouldn't have been a glass one?

It was a major security fcuk-up by the venue and/or promoters, therefore they should be liable for any refunds.

By the way, Moz was superb on Desert Island Discs yesterday..

Went to see Morrissey last night. What a total willy puller! anybody else go and see a concert which made you want to throw up?

Watching a man wank on stage may not be my idea of fun - but I doubt it'd make me throw up. Odd change of direction for him, but more power to his elbow for making a brave choice. Literally.

Archived