Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

Aston Villa Match Thread

http://www.avfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~916877,00.html

No sentiment then!

SH*T on the Villa!!!

0,,10265~2961348,00.jpgMartin O'Neill insists there will be no place for sentiment when he makes his return to Leicester after six years away. The Villa manager was boss at Filbert Street for just under five years, in which time he won the 1997 and 2000 League Cup trophies.

But he believes it is a new era now at the club and the only thing fans will be cheering is their own team.

He said: "I have been away six years and I think there has been a new era of supporters grown up at the Walkers Stadium.

"I never managed there - all my work was at Filbert Street and that's what I remember.

"In fact, I haven't seen a competitive match at the Walkers Stadium. Six years is a long time in football and I'm sure Leicester City fans will be going to cheer on their own team.

"I don't think they'll be thinking about anything else.

"I loved my spell at Leicester. It was difficult to start with because we couldn't win a game - and the crowd certainly let me know about it.

"But I had to weather that. It made me stronger and made me realise how precarious the management game is.

"It will be nice to see the older fans who remember the decent times at Filbert Street but essentially, the reception for me is not wildly important.

"It's the winning of the football match that matters to me. That's all it is. Even if someone gives me gentle applause, it will only last about 10 seconds and then the game starts and everyone forgets about it."

O'Neill and his coaching team have watched the last two Leicester games and they have been impressed with what they have seen.

"It will be a difficult game, no doubt. It's away from home and we know the difficulties we had against S****horpe and we expect the same again.

"We need to play better than we did on Saturday against Fulham but we'll try and get it right tonight.

"We've watched the last couple of Leicester games. They've done well and played well. It is really up to us. The crowd will be right behind them but we'll have a decent travelling support and we want to win.

"The last round showed how difficult it can be. We created a lot of chances and we couldn't capitalise on them so it left the game in the balance right up until the end."

as much as im excited and would like to be proven wrong i can really see tonight being a let down! the expectation is so high and the youngsters coming in will feel a lot of pressure against premiership class! the attendace isnt goin to be a sell out that most expected im not trying to dampen the mood and really hope i am wrong :ph34r:

what do you lot think?

as much as im excited and would like to be proven wrong i can really see tonight being a let down! the expectation is so high and the youngsters coming in will feel a lot of pressure against premiership class! the attendace isnt goin to be a sell out that most expected im not trying to dampen the mood and really hope i am wrong :ph34r:

what do you lot think?

Your enjoyment is not totally wrapped up in how many attend, whether the young guns appear/perform or whether we win. The enjoyment for a game like this will be down to what the fans make of it.

Relax enjoy it have a laugh, have a sing song, take the piss out of their/our players whatever floats your boat but cheer up.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

what do you lot think?

Well they had some encouragement recently. Villa won the Academy league last season but City's lads whooped them 4-1 a few weeks back to stamp themselves firmly on the top of this season's chart. They're used to high expectations.

Your enjoyment is not totally wrapped up in how many attend, whether the young guns appear/perform or whether we win. The enjoyment for a game like this will be down to what the fans make of it.

Relax enjoy it have a laugh, have a sing song, take the piss out of their/our players whatever floats your boat but cheer up.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

wow you should get in the changing room with stowley and rob before games your good :D

Debatable....

nana2.gif

Cheeky bugger. :mad: :thumbsup:

OMG he's done it agin!!!!

LWICD, do you ever sleep!!!!????

C'mon you Blues!!! :bounce:

P.s. What kind of class is still going at 7:30 pm!!?? :o

Still going? Starts at... ends at '9pm'. But for me, it's 2:30-4pm. ;)

Could be an erotic art class! :P:P:P:D

I wish. :P

I'm wondering when he has time to eat, wash and shit! The forum's first 24hr a day poster :o

I don't... :ph34r:

he's a machine.....that's what the ladies tell me!!! :P

... as The Singh says, I'm a machine. :whistle:

:o Wow!

I didn't think The People rated me so highly. :thumbsup:

Come on Leicester :bounce:

Of course it doesn't make you THe People's Hero.

The Philandering Hobo perhaps :P

Wait and see, wait and see ;)

If he does the magic you (wrongly) predict, I will add the line:

Sylla's Number One Fan to my signature for all to see. ;)

He has to do all of the trickery and important stuff you reckon he will, though. No half-way house here mate. :P

Martin O'Neill insists there will be no place for sentiment when he makes his return to Leicester after six years away. The Villa manager was boss at Filbert Street for just under five years, in which time he won the 1997 and 2000 League Cup trophies.

"In fact, I haven't seen a competitive match at the Walkers Stadium. "

Some of us have to think hard too, Martin!

If he does the magic you (wrongly) predict, I will add the line:

Sylla's Number One Fan to my signature for all to see. ;)

He has to do all of the trickery and important stuff you reckon he will, though. No half-way house here mate. :P

And if he doesn't do all that I will add the line

"lookwhaticando's number 1 fan"

To my name :Plol:thumbup:

Archived