Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Our Best XI ?

Logan (or Henderson, on tonights performance ?)

Kenton

McCarthy

Kisnorbo

Johansson

Stearman

Wesolowski

Williams

Welsh

Hume

Fryatt

Subs: Logan / Henderson, McAuley, Hughes, Hammond & A N Other (Maybury / Tiatto / Porter / Dodds / Odihambo / Sheehan / Johnson NOT Low)

After last night, when everyone's fit, I quite fancy seeing something along the lines of;

------------------------Logan-------------------------

Kenton------McAuley--------Kisnorbo---Johansson

------Stearman----Wesolowski----Tiatto-----------

------------------------Williams-----------------------

---------------Fryatt------------Hume----------------

By now it should be patently obvious that wingers DO NOT WORK.

1) They're not good enough.

2) When they do manage to beat their man and get a cross in, there's no-one there to attack it effectively.

3) We have some strong, combative central midfielders (Tiatto, Wesolowski) who can win it and strikers who like the ball through the middle (Fryatt, Hume AND Hammond).

There would be some variations on that XI, i.e. Hume playing in Williams' position and Hammond going up front if it turned out we needed a bit more pace and presence in attacking areas.

Depends how you want to play, who's injured etc:

Logan;

Stearman, McAuley, Kisnorbo, Nils;

Porter, Williams, Weso, Welsh;

Hammond, Hume.

That would have to be close. Or Stearman in midfield and Maybury right back.

With:

Henderson, Fryatt, COG, Dodds, Tiatto, Gradel, Mattock, McCarthy, Kenton, King and Odihiambo all offering good or forward-thinking backing.

That's 23.

We hardly need any more.

Logan;

Hammond, Hume.

With:

Henderson, Fryatt, COG, Dodds, Tiatto, Gradel, Mattock, McCarthy, Kenton, King and Odihiambo all offering good or forward-thinking backing.

That's 23.

We hardly need any more.

Kenton is so much better than Maybury. What does Maybury actually offer? Defensively inept and clueless going forward. Those are his attributes over the past season or so. He doesn't want to be here.

After last night, when everyone's fit, I quite fancy seeing something along the lines of;

2) When they do manage to beat their man and get a cross in, there's no-one there to attack it effectively.

3) We have some strong, combative central midfielders (Tiatto, Wesolowski) who can win it and strikers who like the ball through the middle (Fryatt, Hume AND Hammond).

There would be some variations on that XI, i.e. Hume playing in Williams' position and Hammond going up front if it turned out we needed a bit more pace and presence in attacking areas.

totally agree with everything that is said there. Stearman looked very capable of playing the midfield role last night and deserves another chance there. this is a good team but have to keep the ball on the floor and through the middle.

Kenton is so much better than Maybury. What does Maybury actually offer? Defensively inept and clueless going forward. Those are his attributes over the past season or so. He doesn't want to be here.

One hundred per cent agree with that assesment Ric. Kenton's shown himself time and time again to be up for it, and to play to a much better standard than Maybury. He deserves to play, without question. :thumbup:

Would've completely agreed with you before watching last night. Thought Maybury actually played really well (for someone with no pace). If we were to get what we got last night from Maybury every week I don't think Kenton is any better (maybe in the air only ??)

Logan;

Hammond, Hume.

With:

That's 23.

We hardly need any more.

please tell me ur jokin, maybury is wank

dont ever wanna see him play again

---------------------Henderson---------------------

--Kenton------Kisnorbo------Macauley-----Nisse-

--Sylla-----Wesolowski----Stearman-----Welsh-

------------------Huuuume-------------------------

-----------------------------Hammond-------------

Logan;

Hammond, Hume.

With:

That's 23.

We hardly need any more.

No Sheehan? :huh::o:unsure::ph34r::whistle:

I like your style Fezz !!! :D Yes our wingers are atrocious !!! Although Sylla has shown some improvement over the last two games or so !! :ph34r:

You might be right there.

But my thinking was that Maybury's hardly played any football for ages but was rated at around £750,000 by some a year ago.

Considering that I thought he did okay yesterday and has the energy to support fairly well from the back without being what I'd call creative. Kenton, to me, seems to be just a defender.

Whatever, Stearman's better than both of them. Can we have a clone and play him in both positions?.

--------------------Logan------------------

Stearman---Mcauley---Kisnorbo---Kenton

Hammond----Williams---Weso------Welsh

----------Huuuuuuuume---Fryatt--------

ive been a bit harsh on Nisse there after last night when he was fantastic. But too often this season i have been annoyed with him for terrible ball distribution and comminting himself then getting raped for pace.

My dad whos a lincoln fan always said that once he gets his chance he'll do well and surpeise everyone. And I think hes done just that. I know Paddy Macs the captain but he's got a hell of a job to shift those two for the cb position. :thumbup:

My dad whos a lincoln fan always said that once he gets his chance he'll do well and surpeise everyone. And I think hes done just that. I know Paddy Macs the captain but he's got a hell of a job to shift those two for the cb position. :thumbup:

Same could have been said for Kisnorbo's return - it wasn't certain he'd displace McAuley in the starting line-up, on the back of the McCarthy/McAuley's performance at the back. We'll see where it goes from here. It's pretty exciting stuff, though, a three-way battle for two centre-back positions. :yesyes:

Archived