Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

Football Manager 2005 Diary

• 2 weeks later...

5th November 2005 - Premiership

Leicester City 0-0 Leeds United

A very dull and even game at the Walkers Stadium, a draw the fair result.

26th November 2005 - Premiership

Leicester City 1-3 Arsenal

After a shock earlier lead the stronger side came out on top in the end. Milan Rapaic scored a 5th minute penalty to shock Arsenal but goals from Cavenaghi, Lauren and Reyes insured that there was no suprise result.

4th December 2005 - Premiership

Birmingham City 3-1 Leicester City

Emile Heskey scored against his old club to give Birmingham the lead, but Ariel Ortega scored his first goal since his debut (9 games ago) to make things level. However a 89th minute goal from Leicester legend Muzzy Izzet and a stoppage time goal from Nyron Nosworthy sent us back to Leicester feeling hard done by.

10th December 2005 - Premiership

Leicester City 2-0 Liverpool

A great victory that put a smile on every Leicester fans face. Despite being bruised from our recent poor run we battled superbly and gained a famous victory. Jamie Scowcroft put us ahead in the 8th minute ater good play by Ortega. We then defended extremely well for 76 minutes, limiting Liverpool to long range efforts and despite being tired from the relentless defending we managed to get a second! Ortega made a piercing run through the Liverpool defence, rounded Dudek and slotted the ball home to score a sublime goal to give us all 3 points. We are now 14th with 15 games gone, not bad for the pre-season favourites or the drop.

14th December 2005 - Premiership

Portsmouth 1-1 Leicester City

A very tight game with plenty of chances but it was Pompey who took the lead in the 79th minute through Lua Lua. Just as it looked like Portsmouth would get the victory Jonaton Johansson made a great run and superb finish in injury time to give us a point.

17th December 2005 - Premiership

Chelsea 3-1 Leicester City

Chelsea unsuprisingly dominated the game and were always going to win. Nikos Dabizas scored our only goal from the penalty spot. Chelsea were simply too strong.

21st December 2005 - Premiership

Leicester City 0-2 Manchester City

A very depressing game for us. We were lackluster throughout and we let Man City walk all over us, they had 20 shots on goal to out 9 shots.

26th December 2005 - Premiership

Leicester City 0-2 Newcastle United

Another defeat that moves us down to 17th in the league. Like the last 2 games we were second best, played poor and deservedly lost. We really need to improve beore we get sucked into the relegation zone, I'm looking to bring in a few players in the January transfer window.

28th December 2005 - Premiership

Southampton 1-2 Leicester City

A much needed victory and a great performance. Keith Gillespie got both of our goals in the first half and we managed to hold on despite a Southamption goal late on.

I released Tomi in my first season in charge.

He was doing notingh for the reserves and the chances i did gave him he did nothing to impress me so i let him go.

65436[/snapback]

He turns out a average player , scores alot but not Premiership standards

1st January 2005 - Chris Riggott signs from Middlesbrough for a deal that could rise to over £3m. Riggott has done very well at Middlesbrough recently and this season has been one of the best English defenders in the Premiership, he is a player of great quality who is much needed in our deence.

1st January 2005 - Premiership

Leicester City 1-0 Bolton Wanderers

Jamie Scowcroft scored the only goal of the game to make it a happy New Years day for us. It was a tight game but I think we shaded the game overall, two wins on the trot now. Chris Riggott made us debut looking solid but not spectacular.

7th January 2005 - FA Cup 3rd Round

Leicester City 4-1 Port Vale

A very comfortable victory over League Two Port Vale that sends it through to meet Huddersfield in the 4th Round. Williams, Scowcroft, Flamini and Johansson got our goals in what turned into a training match.

13th January 2005 - Legendary Dutch and Arsenal striker Dennis Bergkamp signs for the club on a 1 and a half year deal for £170k. Delighted with this signing, not only is he a big name player but he still posses that immense technique and skill that made him a star. With his great first touch, creativity and passing he will be the perfect partner for the explosive Ariel Ortege. I just need to keep him fit.

14th January 2005 - Premiership

West Bromwich Albion 3-0 Leicester City

A miserable start to Bergkamps' Leicester career, not only did we lose easily but he tore a groin muscle in the 26th minute that will keep him out for 3 weeks. We were very very poor today and rightly we lost heavily, we must improve if we are to survive.

21st January 2005 - FA Cup 4th Round

Huddersfield Town 0-2 Leicester City

It was a nervy game but in the end we won through. Huddersield battled well and it took to the 72nd minute before we could score, Johansson slotting home. Jamie Scowcroft then won the game in the stoppage time with a astute header. We face a very tough tie in the 5th Round, Liverpool away.

Current Premier League Table

Chelsea unsuprisingly dominated the game and were always going to win. Nikos Dabizas scored our only goal from the penalty spot. Chelsea were simply too strong.

72150[/snapback]

Could you not be arsed to assign a penalty taker? ;)

72150[/snapback]

Could you not be arsed to assign a penalty taker? ;)

72820[/snapback]

:D All my penalty takers weren't playing so by default Dabizas took it, he isn't that bad actually :blink:

28th January 2006 - Premiership

Leicester City 2-0 Blackburn Rovers

A fantastic victory and a good performance. Jonaton Johansson struck after just 4 mins to give us the lead and a 78th min Scowcroft goal secured a good win. Nikos Dabizas and Joey Gudjonsson were outstanding today.

1st February 2006 - Premiership

Tottenham Hotspur 0-1 Leicester City

Another great victory and the perfect way to start February. Ariel Ortega got the only goal with a great dribble and beautiully placed shot. We deserved the victory, it was a team performance today but Ian Walker saved us on many occasions.

5th February 2006 - Premiership

Leicester City 3-1 Aston Villa

:D A great scoreline and top notch performance infront of the television cameras. We were 3-0 up after 34 mins....Ariel Ortega scored two great trademark runs and powerful finishes and Mathiu Flamini scored a scorcher from 30 yards out that curled powerfully into the top corner! Villa got one back late on but that didn't stop this being one of the best performance of the season. 7 wins out of our last 8 league and cup games is good form.

11th February 2006 - Premiership

Everton 3-0 Leicester City

A shocking performance in stark contrast to the Villa game. We were appauling and Everton walked all over us. Lets hope we can bounce back from this in the FA Cup 5th Round game at Anfield. We are 11th in the league after good recent form

I have some bad news.

Unfortunatley my save game will not load anymore meaning this is the end of my diary :(

It was fun while it lasted, hope you all enjoyed reading it.

76229[/snapback]

that happened to me as well mate!

Even when i started another game and saved and quite when i went back to it it didnt load. I had to unistall and re-install!

Will you be starting again game up pal?

I have some bad news.

Unfortunatley my save game will not load anymore meaning this is the end of my diary :(

76229[/snapback]

Even when i started another game and saved and quite when i went back to it it didnt load. I had to unistall and re-install!

76247[/snapback]

I think mine went erong because my brother took the FM disc out while it was still saving :angry:

I will be starting a new game but I dunno who with, would anyone be interested in another diary?

Then I shall :D

It won't be for two weeks at the most though until I can get broadband and download the new patch and data update.

76374[/snapback]

Its going to be a long two weeks..a long two weeks

Then I shall :D

It won't be for two weeks at the most though until I can get broadband and download the new patch and data update.

76374[/snapback]

Its going to be a long two weeks..a long two weeks

76386[/snapback]

You'll survive I'm sure ;)

Does anyone want to set up a multiplayer game for Foxestalk members? I can't, I have a fixed IP that uses shared internet from my mates server, and to be honest, I have no idea how and which ports to open and that, so if someone else can host a game it would be great...

Does anyone want to set up a multiplayer game for Foxestalk members? I can't, I have a fixed IP that uses shared internet from my mates server, and to be honest, I have no idea how and which ports to open and that, so if someone else can host a game it would be great...

76422[/snapback]

When I get broadband I could give it ago.

Everyone has to have the same patch and data though so if everyone downloads the new 5.0.3 patch with the data update that would be good.

I have some bad news.

76229[/snapback]

76247[/snapback]

I think mine went erong because my brother took the FM disc out while it was still saving :angry:

I will be starting a new game but I dunno who with, would anyone be interested in another diary?

76333[/snapback]

You gotta go for the local team, Lincoln City ;)

If you do, I suggest Mads Timm on loan, cus he ain't in jail on this ;)

Seriously, he came in about September for me, and by January had already got 20 goals, and is currently on about 30 odd I think.

Archived