Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

Football Manager 2005 Diary

• 3 weeks later...

My FM Diary is back!!! :D

21st September 2004 - Carling Cup 2nd Round

Colchester United 1-2 Leicester City

A brace for David Connolly gave us the victory and a place in the Third Round where we will play Huddersfield at the Walkers Stadium. A fantastic performance, especially from our midfield which controlled the game and created chance after chance. Joey Gudjonsson was in fine form once again with a superb performance.

25th September 2004 - Championship

Leicester City 0-0 Reading

Despite Reading having more possesion, we created more chances and look far more threating infront of goal, however we lacked that killer instinct. A pretty dull game and 2 points lost in my opinion.

Current Championship League Table

Good to hear that the diary is back :)

Not a bad start Ricey - what on earth are Rotherham doing 4th though?

57349[/snapback]

The league always looks a little strange for the first half of the season but it normally evens out over time.

Wigan are bottom now but I bet they finish in the top half come the end of the season.

2nd October 2004 - Championship

West Ham United 3-1 Leicester City

A very bad day for us. Not only did we lose easily against West Ham but Peter Canero was sent off and Gareth Williams slipped his disc which will put him out of action for around 2 months. David Connolly scored our goal from the penalty spot.

24th October 2004 - Championship

Leicester City 3-0 Crewe Alexandra

After a 3 week break we planned to put recent bad form behind us...and we suceeded! Jamie Scowcroft opened the scoring with a bullet header on 27 mins and Keith Gillespie doubled the lead in the 69th min with a good turn and shot from outside the area. Then a truely bizzare goal, a long Faber throw in didn't reach Dabizas in area...Dabizas chased the ball down, spun his player superbly and buried the ball in the far corner! A superb goal from the center back :o A good victory for us and great performances from Rapaic and Walker in partically.

27th October 2004 - Carling Cup 3rd Round

Leicester City 2-0 Huddersfield Town

A comfortable victory and passage into the 4th Round where we will face Bolton at the Walkers Stadium. David Connolly and Ernst Faber with the goals.

30th October 2004 - Championship

Watford 0-1 Leicester City

Another good 3 points but it was close. David Connolly scoring the winner in a closely contested game at Vicarage Road. We now sit 2nd, 5 points behind Derby but we have a game in hand.

31st October 2004 - Scott Gemmill leaves the club.

Good to hear that the diary is back :)

Not a bad start Ricey - what on earth are Rotherham doing 4th though?

57349[/snapback]

The league always looks a little strange for the first half of the season but it normally evens out over time.

Wigan are bottom now but I bet they finish in the top half come the end of the season.

57352[/snapback]

You say that but Rotherham won the play offs in my game and now sit in 18th in the premiership. Im 12th as Leicester despite only buying two players since i started :D And chelsea want Stewart for £5.5 million!! :thumbup:

2nd November 2004 - Championship

Leicester City 0-0 Sheffield United

A very even game which ended level and goalless.

6th November 2004 - Championship

Wolverhampton Wanderers 1-0 Leicester City

After a public slanging match between me and Wolves boss Terry Venables, it was Wolves that came out winners and left me with egg on my face. A decent performance from us but we didn't created enough and when we did we squandered the chance....our form infront of goal is a worry. A 78th min Lescott header won it for Wolves.

7th November 2004 - Steven Davis is signed from Aston Villa to give midfield cover after Gareth Williams' injury.

20th November 2004 - Championship

Leicester City 0-1 Sunderland

We were very hard done by today after creating more chances than Sunderland, but still losing the match. Our finishing once more proved a problem and not even a 89th min David Connolly penalty would go in....he skied it over the bar. No goals in 3 games :(

24th November 2004 - Carling Cup 4th Round

Leicester City 0-1 Bolton Wanderers

Our mini Carling Cup run was put to bed after being narrowly knocked out by Bolton. Bolton were all over us for the first 70 mins, Davies getting their goal in the first half, but we had some excellent chances in the final 20 mins which really we should of taken. Very dissapointed to be knocked out of the cup, can only blame our poor attacking threat.

2nd November 2004 - Championship

Leicester City 0-0 Sheffield United

A very even game which ended level and goalless.

6th November 2004 - Championship

Wolverhampton Wanderers 1-0 Leicester City

After a public slanging match between me and Wolves boss Terry Venables, it was Wolves that came out winners and left me with egg on my face. A decent performance from us but we didn't created enough and when we did we squandered the chance....our form infront of goal is a worry. A 78th min Lescott header won it for Wolves.

7th November 2004 - Steven Davis is signed from Aston Villa to give midfield cover after Gareth Williams' injury.

20th November 2004 - Championship

Leicester City 0-1 Sunderland

We were very hard done by today after creating more chances than Sunderland, but still losing the match. Our finishing once more proved a problem and not even a 89th min David Connolly penalty would go in....he skied it over the bar. No goals in 3 games :(

24th November 2004 - Carling Cup 4th Round

Leicester City 0-1 Bolton Wanderers

Our mini Carling Cup run was put to bed after being narrowly knocked out by Bolton. Bolton were all over us for the first 70 mins, Davies getting their goal in the  first half, but we had some excellent chances in the final 20 mins which really we should of taken. Very dissapointed to be knocked out of the cup, can only blame our poor attacking threat.

58232[/snapback]

Oh dear, changes need to be made there, Ricey!

On the brighter side, you've only conceded 3 in 4 so thats top quality mate :thumbup:

C'MON LEICESTER! RICEY'S BLUE AND WHITE ARMY!

Oh dear, changes need to be made there, Ricey!

On the brighter side, you've only conceded 3 in 4 so thats top quality mate  :thumbup:

C'MON LEICESTER! RICEY'S BLUE AND WHITE ARMY!

58274[/snapback]

Thanks Shen! :D

I've made a few minor tactical changes and I'm looking to bring in another striker to add competition upfront.

27th November 2004 - Championship

Leicester City 3-1 Gillingham

Goals at last!!!! Despite falling behind early on we pulled it back to claim a comfortable victory. A Milan Rapaic penalty on 18 mins pulled it level, a near post David Connolly header on 27 mins put us ahead and in the 78th minute Joey Gudjonsson stroked home from close range after good build up play. Good to score some goals for once, we played with a more attacking mentality.

1st December 2004 - Championship

Brighton 0-2 Leicester City

Another convincing display and victory, both sides had a man sent off (Culip for them and Keown for us) but we out classed them. Jamie Scowcroft opened the scoring with a good bit of acceleration in the box ( :o ) and a neat finish, David Connolly then wrapped things up late on.

3rd December 2004 - Leicester Under 18's reach the quarter-finals of the FA Youth Cup, great run by the youngters. I'll keep you informed of their cup progress.

4th December 2004 - Championship

Ipswich Town 1-0 Leicester City

Once more we narrowly lose to one of the bigger clubs in the Championship. Ipswich had the better of the chances but we can't say we didn't have chances ourselves, seems our attacking problem isn't fully resolved.

6th December 2004 - Draw Charlton at home in the FA Cup 3rd Third, will be a tough 'un.

8th December 2004 - Championship

Burnley 2-3 Leicester City

Despite the close scoreline this was a game we dominated and played superbly in (as you can see by the player stats). Jamie Scowcroft scored a suprising hat-trick, two of those goals were from great runs onto through balls and cool finishes. His 3rd was a characteristic powerful header from a freekick. A great team performance from us which out us back in the automatic promotion places....still 10 points behind Derby though :(

27th November 2004 - Championship

Leicester City 3-1 Gillingham

Goals at last!!!! Despite falling behind early on we pulled it back to claim a comfortable victory. A Milan Rapaic penalty on 18 mins pulled it level, a near post David Connolly header on 27 mins put us ahead and in the 78th minute Joey Gudjonsson stroked home from close range after good build up play. Good to score some goals for once, we played with a more attacking mentality.

1st December 2004 - Championship

Brighton 0-2 Leicester City

Another convincing display and victory, both sides had a man sent off (Culip for them and Keown for us) but we out classed them. Jamie Scowcroft opened the scoring with a good bit of acceleration in the box ( :o ) and a neat finish, David Connolly then wrapped things up late on.

3rd December 2004 - Leicester Under 18's reach the quarter-finals of the FA Youth Cup, great run by the youngters. I'll keep you informed of their cup progress.

4th December 2004 - Championship

Ipswich Town 1-0 Leicester City

Once more we narrowly lose to one of the bigger clubs in the Championship. Ipswich had the better of the chances but we can't say we didn't have chances ourselves, seems our attacking problem isn't fully resolved.

6th December 2004 - Draw Charlton at home in the FA Cup 3rd Third, will be a tough 'un.

8th December 2004 - Championship

Burnley 2-3 Leicester City

Despite the close scoreline this was a game we dominated and played superbly in (as you can see by the player stats). Jamie Scowcroft scored a suprising hat-trick, two of those goals were from great runs onto through balls and cool finishes. His 3rd was a characteristic powerful header from a freekick. A great team performance from us which out us back in the automatic promotion places....still 10 points behind Derby though :(

58538[/snapback]

Aye, thats what we want to see!... A manager turning things round when the going gets tough ;) although I'd fully expect you to beat the Gills and the Gulls :rolleyes: hope we keep that 2nd place all the way to the end. How's Dawson in your game btw? Statwise he pretty much sucks and doesn't improve at all in my game.

I have just downoaded the update for Football Manager so ive started a new game with Leicester MDV is trully amazing :)

Scowcroft is attracting intrest from West Brom and Fulham at the mo hes on the transfer list for 600k

I have just downoaded the update for Football Manager so ive started a new game with Leicester MDV is trully amazing :)

Scowcroft is attracting intrest from West Brom and Fulham at the mo hes on the transfer list for 600k

58807[/snapback]

Where did you get the update?

58807[/snapback]

This should be in the Progress Thread, not here.

Aye, thats what we want to see!... A manager turning things round when the going gets tough ;) although I'd fully expect you to beat the Gills and the Gulls  :rolleyes:  hope we keep that 2nd place all the way to the end. How's Dawson in your game btw? Statwise he pretty much sucks and doesn't improve at all in my game.

58650[/snapback]

Dawson is okay for me, he came in now and again in an emergency before I brough Steven Davis and he did well.

11th December 2004 - Championship

Leicester City 2-2 Plymouth Argyle

Despite being 2-0 up in this televised game we managed to throw the game away in the second half. Connolly and Scowcroft gave us a comfortable 2 goal lead but then in the second half our fitness detierated and Plymouth clawed it back. Due to our small squad I can't really rotate players in order to rest them, this has meant severe tiredness within the squad. Gutted to of dropped 2 points today.

14th December 2004 - Championship

Rotherham United 0-1 Leicester City

A great team performance from us and really it should of been more. Subtistute Stephen McGlinchie scrambled in the only goal on 66 mins to give us the win. Our defence stayed strong till the end and Lilian Nalis ran the show in the middle.

18th December 2004 - Championship

Leicester City 2-0 Nottingham Forest

Get in! :D A excellent showing from us and we thoroughly deserved the win. Joey Gudjonsson got our first with a deflected shot and Jamie Scowcroft made sure of the win in the last few minutes with a trademark header. To top it all off Alan Rogers get shown a red card! Woohooo!

26th December 2004 - Championship

Stoke City 3-0 Leicester City

A depressing Boxing Day defeat. We played poor and it could of been 4 or 5 against better opposition. We are still very inconsistent and this needs to be sorted, I will look to bring in some players in the new year.

27th December 2004 - Sold Jordan Stewart to Cardiff for £900,000. He wasn't getting in regularly and an offer like that was hard to refuse, it means I now have some money to strengthen the team.

28th December 2004 - Peter Canero signs a new contract.

28th December 2004 - Championship

Leicester City 0-1 Wigan Athletic

:( Extemely tired from the Stoke game we looked lacklustre once more. We created chances but as with many times this season we failed to take them. Another poor festive season for us it seems.

Current Player Stats and Figures

Current Championship League Table

Ricey mate, selling Jordan Stewart is disgusting behaviour. In my first season with City he got an average rating of 7.93 and was only pipped to the best average of the league by Gaz Williams.

I recommend you sign Jussi-Pekka Savollainen (spelling) as a replacement on the left wing. He is an AM/RLC and his stats aren't amazing, but he'll score you alot of goals and get you winning again. Please take this advice Chris Rice otherwise you could be getting the sack. ;)

Ricey mate, selling Jordan Stewart is disgusting behaviour. In my first season with City he got an average rating of 7.93 and was only pipped to the best average of the league by Gaz Williams.

I recommend you sign Jussi-Pekka Savollainen (spelling) as a replacement on the left wing. He is an AM/RLC and his stats aren't amazing, but he'll score you alot of goals and get you winning again. Please take this advice Chris Rice otherwise you could be getting the sack.  ;)

59159[/snapback]

Savolainen's stats are shocking on my game, however you're a good man so I will offer him a trail at the club :D

As for selling Stewart, he hadn't performed for me. Tiatto is keeping him out of the left back postition and Milan Rapiac owns the left wing.

I recommend you sign Jussi-Pekka Savollainen (spelling) as a replacement on the left wing. He is an AM/RLC and his stats aren't amazing, but he'll score you alot of goals and get you winning again. Please take this advice Chris Rice otherwise you could be getting the sack.  ;)

59159[/snapback]

Savolainen's stats are shocking on my game, however you're a good man so I will offer him a trail at the club :D

As for selling Stewart, he hadn't performed for me. Tiatto is keeping him out of the left back postition and Milan Rapiac owns the left wing.

59220[/snapback]

Savo's been amazing these last couple of CM's (haven't looked at him in FM) and he's one of those 'hidden stats' players that just performs anyway. As for selling Jordan for 900k..thats a dodgy deal.. he's worth a bit more than that, and you complained about lack of depth in the team.. well here's a player who does the job at left back and excels in the left wing position (with the possibility of moving Rapaic up front to rest e.g. Conners)..but too late now :smile: try selling Nalis too as he's worthless in the Prem, whereas Gaz can be awesome B)

Good luck in instilling some stability, and hopefully you'll catch the Sheepshaggers, ratehr depressing seeing them so far in front :(

Keep up the good work, Ricey :thumbup:

ps. excellent stat tables ;)

Savo's been amazing these last couple of CM's (haven't looked at him in FM) and he's one of those 'hidden stats' players that just performs anyway. As for selling Jordan for 900k..thats a dodgy deal.. he's worth a bit more than that, and you complained about lack of depth in the team.. well here's a player who does the job at left back and excels in the left wing position (with the possibility of moving Rapaic up front to rest e.g. Conners)..but too late now  :smile:  try selling Nalis too as he's worthless in the Prem, whereas Gaz can be awesome  B)

Good luck in instilling some stability, and hopefully you'll catch the Sheepshaggers, ratehr depressing seeing them so far in front :(

Keep up the good work, Ricey  :thumbup:

ps. excellent stat tables  ;)

59353[/snapback]

I was just about to bid for Savolainen when I read a news item saying he had broke his foot and will be out for 3 months :( I'll look again in the summer.

I'm trying a new formation at the monent because it has been an awful run of late, I'm really worried about getting the sack if the run carries on.

Savo's been amazing these last couple of CM's (haven't looked at him in FM) and he's one of those 'hidden stats' players that just performs anyway. As for selling Jordan for 900k..thats a dodgy deal.. he's worth a bit more than that, and you complained about lack of depth in the team.. well here's a player who does the job at left back and excels in the left wing position (with the possibility of moving Rapaic up front to rest e.g. Conners)..but too late now  :smile:  try selling Nalis too as he's worthless in the Prem, whereas Gaz can be awesome  B)

Keep up the good work, Ricey  :thumbup:

ps. excellent stat tables  ;)

59353[/snapback]

I was just about to bid for Savolainen when I read a news item saying he had broke his foot and will be out for 3 months :( I'll look again in the summer.

I'm trying a new formation at the monent because it has been an awful run of late, I'm really worried about getting the sack if the run carries on.

59382[/snapback]

Rightly so I think. I was in my third season as manager of Leicester and safely positioned 11th in the Prem, and then won the Carling Cup beating Chelsea 3-2 in the final. Then 5-6 games later after a dip in form (although still positioned 12th) I was sacked because I had a fall out with a few players and the board felt that the staff were unhappy. Unbelievable.

Archived