Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

Football Manager 2005 Diary

who's the mystery signing? I can't wait that long.

63489[/snapback]

Tough! :P You''ll have to.

I was just thinking, maybe the deal won't go through because the transfer dealine will of passed by then :blink:

63493[/snapback]

and you're spot on... the deal probably won't go through...besides, does he have/need a WP? And I'm guessing it's either Romario, Veron or Djorkaeff :D

63518[/snapback]

He has been granted a work permit already and a contract has been agreed, do you still think it won't go through?

If not I might bring in Earnshaw instead.

63554[/snapback]

Is he on free. If not get both.

20th August 2005 - Premiership

Leicester City 2-0 Southampton

A superb win and a perfect bounceback from the opening day drubbing. We controlled the game and looked very threating throughout, Essediri scored his first goal for the club with 4 mins gone after he scrambled the ball in at the far post. We held out well and in stoppage time Johansson make a great run and curled the ball beautifully round Niemi to secure us the victory. A fantastic win in our first home game.

24th August 2005 - Premiership

Bolton Wanderers 0-1 Leicester City

Karim Essdiri scored his second in as many games and it proved vital. Bolton had a number of chances but we defended stoutly to keep them out. We played very well today and desereved the three points.

27th August 2005 - Premiership

Leicester City 3-2 West Bromwich Albion

:D Three wins on the bounce now to make it 9 points from the first 4 games. Joey Gudjonsson got our first with a deflected shot in the area, Essediri then made it a remarkable 3 goals in as many games with a placed shot from the edge of the area, Neil Clement was then sent off for West Brom before Mathieu Flamini scored a goal voted goal of the month for August. He collected a short Rapaic corner and despite being nearer the corner flag than the goal he belted an effort which some how sneaked into the top corner. West Brom made it a uncomfy finish with two goals in the second half but we held out. We are 4th in the table, a fantastic start!

1st September 2005 - Argentine legend Ariel Ortega joins on a free and signs a 2 year deal at the Walkers Stadium. A fantastic capture, his stats and reputation say it all...aslong as he settles in well we could have a star on oyr hands. The fans are unsure about the signing due to Ortegas 'bad boy' reputation but if I can keep him happy then they will soon realise what a player we have.

4th with a negative goal difference! excellent :D

Also noticed you said Essediri's first goal for the club...didn't he score at all last season? :blink:

Well done on the capture of Ortega, hope he performs for you and doesn't disrupt the club atmosphere too much!

I bought Claudio Lopez myself and he ended up topscorer in the Prem, so I hope he'll have a similar impact! ;) The call-ups can be a pain though, so make sure you have adequate cover ...

glad to see the transfer deadline wasn't a problem though :unsure::thumbup:

4th with a negative goal difference! excellent  :D

Also noticed you said Essediri's first goal for the club...didn't he score at all last season?  :blink:

Well done on the capture of Ortega, hope he performs for you and doesn't disrupt the club atmosphere too much!

I bought Claudio Lopez myself and he ended up topscorer in the Prem, so I hope he'll have a similar impact! ;) The call-ups can be a pain though, so make sure you have adequate cover ...

glad to see the transfer deadline wasn't a problem though :unsure::thumbup:

64118[/snapback]

Essediri didn't score a single goal last season but has scored 3 this season already :D

Ortega seems top-notch so far, I'll update tomorrow about his 'eventful' debut :D

Back-up shoudn't be a problem, we have Johansson, Connolly and McGlinchie to cover.

10th September 2005 - Premiership

Blackburn Rovers 4-5 Leicester City

What a game!! A action packed start to Ariel Ortegas Leicester career! It was Blackburn who took the lead in the first minute through Karagounis but a Scowcroft goal 25 mins later put us level, the goal was set up beautifully by Ortega after a fine run. On the stroke of half time Ortega himself put us ahead, he beat the Blackburn defence with a piercing run and smashed the ball home to give him a goal on his debut. 9 mins into the second half Ortega did it again, he dribbled into the area and squeezed a shot past the keeper. Nikos Dabizas then made it 4-1 from a Ortega free-kick on 61 mins, Blackburn then pulled one back 7 mins later through Karagounis again. We restored our two goal lead however in the 71st minute, Ortega passing to Scowcroft who turned and hit a great effort into the top corner. I then took Ortega off and Blackburn pilled on the pressure, scoring 2 goals to make it a nerve wracking ending. A crazily open game but luckily we held out and got the points. Ortega was stunning for us scoring 2 and setting up 3, lets hope he can keep it going. We now lie 3rd on the same points as leaders Arsenal.

17th September 2005 - Premiership

Leicester City 0-2 Tottenham Hotspurs

We were second best throughout and derservedly lost the match. We can't affort to play like this every week.

20th September 2005 - Carling Cup 2nd Round

Leicester City 1-3 Charlton Athletic

A miserable night as we are knocked out of the League Cup at the first attempt. Our defence was leaky once again and Charltom seemed to create chances with ease. I wanted a good run in this competition but a poor display has ended any hopes. Nicola Legrottaglie got our goal.

25th September 2005 - Premiership

Aston Villa 3-0 Leicester City

A hummiliating defeat infront of the TV cameras. We rarely threatned the Villa goal and our defence looked poor as Villa effortlessly found spaces and scored goals. We have let in 19 goals in our first 7 games which is not good enough, we need to sort it out quickly.

Here is my first team line up as it stands:

GK : Walker

DC : Dabizas

DC : Legrottaglie

DC : Faber

ML : Rapaic

MC : Williams

MC : Gudjonsson

MC : Flamini

MR : Essediri

FC : Scowcroft

FC : Ortega

SUBS : Izzet, Heath, Johansson, Sweeney, Canero

You could possibly try playing Ortega behind a front two of Scowcroft and Johansson.

64757[/snapback]

I've thought about that but Ortega is so good at using his pace and acceleration to braek free of defences that I like to play him on the front line.

,Feb 9 2005, 3:25 AM]Tagliatelle AND Ortega, not bad.

What happened to Connelly?

64674[/snapback]

I haven't got Tagliatelle, I have got Legrottaglie ;)

Connolly is my 4th choice striker

64816[/snapback]

I gave up trying to pronounce his name a long time ago ;)

On Pro Evo 4 he's just known as Tagliatelle.

More please!

Ricey have you had a look at Marcus Berg?

Also will you give Petrescu a run-out in the Carling Cup I guarantee he'll score for you. He deserves a chance mate.

65175[/snapback]

He got knocked out in the second round bud

More please!

Ricey have you had a look at Marcus Berg?

Also will you give Petrescu a run-out in the Carling Cup I guarantee he'll score for you. He deserves a chance mate.

65175[/snapback]

He got knocked out in the second round bud

65206[/snapback]

Play him in the league then it doesn't matter.

Petrescu is lethal for me but I often don't play him which is silly really. He scored a hat-trick in pre-season against Barcelona.

Truely shocking lads, i'm disgusted with you.

Petrescu on FM is one of those players that will always score for you when you play him now and again. I rarely play him as I have loads of good strikers but sometimes I unleash Tomi Gun and the opposition can't handle him.

Truely shocking lads, i'm disgusted with you.

Petrescu on FM is one of those players that will always score for you when you play him now and again. I rarely play him as I have loads of good strikers but sometimes I unleash Tomi Gun and the opposition can't handle him.

65431[/snapback]

most of his stats are random though, so some games he can be awesome and other games (notably mine) he has pace and acceleration of 1 :blink: . No striker under ANY circumstances goes into my team with that kind of pace :P

1st October 2005 - Premiership

Leicester City 2-0 Everton

We got back to winning ways with a superb victory over Everton. It was a good competant performance and we deserved the three points. Jamie Scowcroft put us ahead in the 44th min after a goal mouth scramble and in the 53rd min Milan Rapaic made it two with a great tun and a cool finish.

5th October 2005 - Premiership

Fulham 2-0 Leicester City

Despite losing we still played well and created a few chances, however out strikers failed to convert them. Ortega hasn't scored since his brace on his debut, worrying.

22nd October 2005 - Premiership

Leicester City 0-1 Middlesbrough

A very tight game that we narrowly lost. We played well but didn't do enough to win the game, we need to go that extra length in the Premiership if we want to pick up points.

30th October 2005 - Premiership

Derby County 2-1 Leicester City

:(Our poor first half performance lost us todays game against our bitter rivals. We were 2-0 down at half time in this televised game and despite a good second half, Johansson scoring our goal, it wasn't enough and the bottom side Derby got all the points. We had a lot of chances late on but luck wasn't on our side. We sit 10th in the league.

Leicester City 1-0 Middlesbrough

A very tight game that we narrowly lost. We played well but didn't do enough to win the game, we need to go that extra length in the Premiership if we want to pick up points.

65519[/snapback]

So did you lose 1-0 then? :blink:

Leicester City 1-0 Middlesbrough

65519[/snapback]

So did you lose 1-0 then? :blink:

65562[/snapback]

Whoops! :unsure: Sorry tiring day.

I've edited it now.

Archived