lookwhaticando Posted 31 October 2006 Posted 31 October 2006 Stoke tonight, then! I'm going for a pukka 2-1 win. Got a feeling Stearman's gonna score. Funny that. Huuuume will be firing on all cylinders and will only be kept from scoring more than once by the goalkeeping heroics of the Stoke keeper, whoever he is. Let's get back to winning games.
securedfox Posted 31 October 2006 Posted 31 October 2006 Stoke tonight, then! I'm going for a pukka 2-1 win. Got a feeling Stearman's gonna score. Funny that. Huuuume will be firing on all cylinders and will only be kept from scoring more than once by the goalkeeping heroics of the Stoke keeper, whoever he is. Let's get back to winning games. My thoughts completely, got to go for win tonight. Got a feeling 2v1, same scoreline as you.
Suffolk_fox Posted 31 October 2006 Posted 31 October 2006 Luckydoodoo opening the match thread? There's something you don't see everyday.... Anyhow, I think that alot of players (and the manager) will be playing for their careers tonight in the light of MM.... 2-0 with HUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMEEEEE scoring a brace.
Strokes Posted 31 October 2006 Posted 31 October 2006 Stoke are on fire at the minute, we have to be solid at the back. I'll 1-1 with Welsh scoring late on.
Daggers Posted 31 October 2006 Posted 31 October 2006 Oooh, I'm excited. Time for a coffee before I have to get my stuff ready to go. How I am going to pay attention in Software Engineering with the game on my mind is beyond me.
Wils Posted 31 October 2006 Posted 31 October 2006 1-1 Written all over it. I shall be leaving around 2 ish. (Am so exited) :pinch:
Mort Posted 31 October 2006 Posted 31 October 2006 Tough game with them comming off their win against hammering of Norwich... still it's at home, our defence has been pretty decent (even if we are without McAuley) also I get the sense their wont be an experimentation with Maybury/Stearman on the right, though i could see Stearman going into the centre to stiffle Hendrie... but in the end i think that job will go to Weso... any news on Hughes and Williams?
gatesheadfox Posted 31 October 2006 Posted 31 October 2006 i've not seen the table this fine morning but i think stoke are about level with us arent they? we are at home so i can see a win for us, our last win under ronald mcdonald (hopefully)
Wils Posted 31 October 2006 Posted 31 October 2006 i've not seen the table this fine morning but i think stoke are about level with us arent they? we are at home so i can see a win for us, our last win under ronald mcdonald (hopefully) One place above us,on same points.
Fez of Mahrez Posted 31 October 2006 Posted 31 October 2006 This has "massive let-down" written all over it in my opinion. I expect zilch. A pessimist is never disappointed.
Lester LXXIV Posted 31 October 2006 Posted 31 October 2006 This has "massive let-down" written all over it in my opinion. I expect zilch. A pessimist is never disappointed. Me too... 2-3 to the potters
Manwell Pablo Posted 31 October 2006 Posted 31 October 2006 Tough game with them comming off their win against hammering of Norwich... still it's at home, our defence has been pretty decent (even if we are without McAuley) also I get the sense their wont be an experimentation with Maybury/Stearman on the right, though i could see Stearman going into the centre to stiffle Hendrie... but in the end i think that job will go to Weso... any news on Hughes and Williams? Hughes may be back, Williams is out.
davieG Posted 31 October 2006 Posted 31 October 2006 With all the injuries With the hefty run of games With the speculation of a take-over - their jobs being on the line and their minds being elsewhere With Stoke on a roll With us struggling to win games I would expect nothing short of a defeat. So another draw it is then
Mort Posted 31 October 2006 Posted 31 October 2006 Hughes may be back, Williams is out. It'd be good to have a 'proper' midfield player in the centre tonight... also with any luck, without Cook on the left, RK wont feel the need to station a defender on the right wing... only problem is that gives you Sylla or Low, perhaps Hughes with Tiatto in the centre... but personal I'd be tempted to give Sylla a start out there... the threat from Stoke will come down the middle i expect anyway.
Bert Posted 31 October 2006 Posted 31 October 2006 Bitch I think we're gonna win 2-1 Hume to score our equaliser and Fryatt the winner. Anyway, let's put a good show on tonight, not just for investors but for the boys as well, come on you blues!!!
Thracian Posted 31 October 2006 Posted 31 October 2006 It'd be good to have a 'proper' midfield player in the centre tonight... also with any luck, without Cook on the left, RK wont feel the need to station a defender on the right wing... only problem is that gives you Sylla or Low, perhaps Hughes with Tiatto in the centre... but personal I'd be tempted to give Sylla a start out there... the threat from Stoke will come down the middle i expect anyway. Every time Sylla or Low are suggested for our right side I wince. Or Maybury, or Hughes, or Stearman. Howard Riley's still around and looking trim ... pity he can't turn back time and demonstrate what the role really entails.
Joe. Posted 31 October 2006 Posted 31 October 2006 Should be a very hard game. I'm not sure whether to expect anything from this. I reckon 2-1 Stoke with kisnorbo getting an equsliser for us, and then them scoring a 65th min winner. Hope I'm wrong...
Mort Posted 31 October 2006 Posted 31 October 2006 Every time Sylla or Low are suggested for our right side I wince. Or Maybury, or Hughes, or Stearman. Howard Riley's still around and looking trim ... pity he can't turn back time and demonstrate what the role really entails. We've really got no one else to, realisticly, stick on the right... and with so many players out and Maybury and Stearman's performances on the right (no reflection on the later's performance in the centre against Villa) Sylla would seem to be the least worst option... much as it's surprised me, he was almost "ok" the last few times he played.
Joe. Posted 31 October 2006 Posted 31 October 2006 We've really got no one else to, realisticly, stick on the right... and with so many players out and Maybury and Stearman's performances on the right (no reflection on the later's performance in the centre against Villa) Sylla would seem to be the least worst option... much as it's surprised me, he was almost "ok" the last few times he played. Totally agree mate
lookwhaticando Posted 31 October 2006 Author Posted 31 October 2006 Luckydoodoo opening the match thread? There's something you don't see everyday.... Anyhow, I think that alot of players (and the manager) will be playing for their careers tonight in the light of MM.... 2-0 with HUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMEEEEE scoring a brace. That's because there isn't a match every day. :pinch:
Thracian Posted 31 October 2006 Posted 31 October 2006 Sounds bloody windy out there right now. Kelly knows nothing else but the hard-to-beat approach. There's no evidence to show Kelly will ever play expansive football apart from just at specific times, like trying to grab an early lead. So it'll be all the usual suspects and all the same limitations. Logan; Kenton, McCarthy, Kisnorbo, Nils; Stearman, Hughes, Tiatto, Welsh; Hammond, Hume. God that looks dour. But it might get a draw. I see we're joint leaders in the draw stakes once again. Sadly though, if Stoke really go for it I could see us getting walloped and I hardly ever feel like that. But where will our goals come from? How will we retain possession for any length of time?. Even on our bench I cannot imagine either COG or Fryatt will be properly fit. Nor Porter, assuming he's still at the club. Weso and Williams are out, King doesn't seem to be in with a chance or Gradel, or Odhiambo. We're not likely to change to 4-3-3 and I doubt McCarthy's really ready for action either. Altogether, if we do any good tonight it'll be an achievement. Kelly's missing his chances to get others involved who might assist in giving us better options. Those opportunities won't even be considered when the injuries start clearing. What I'd like tonight would be: Maybury, McCarthy, Kisnorbo, Nils; King, Stearman, Tiatto; Hammond, Hume, O'Grady. That's presuming Porter and Weso are not fit. On the bench: Henderson, Kenton, Gradel/Porter, Hughes, Fryatt
mat_j101 Posted 31 October 2006 Posted 31 October 2006 Says on BBC Fryatt could be back tonight - I thought he was out for a few more weeks. Good news!
Phlashman Posted 31 October 2006 Posted 31 October 2006 I think 3-1 City. Huuuuuuuume opens the scoring with Fryatt getting the last two (If he's playing) and Stoke to get a Last minute wonder goal as a consolation prize.
coale39 Posted 31 October 2006 Posted 31 October 2006 Looking forward to the game tonight. Humes' gonna score a hattrick I tell ya. Hattrick.
lcfc_jme Posted 31 October 2006 Posted 31 October 2006 'Free scoring Stoke' may well run away with this one because of our lack of creativity. I'm going for Stoke 3-1 (I'm aware my prediction has changed since the prediction league but that's just one of those things )
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.