Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

Stoke Match Thread

:ph34r:

Stoke tonight, then! :smile:

I'm going for a pukka 2-1 win. :ph34r:

Got a feeling Stearman's gonna score. Funny that. :blink:

Huuuume will be firing on all cylinders and will only be kept from scoring more than once by the goalkeeping heroics of the Stoke keeper, whoever he is. :)

Let's get back to winning games. :thumbup:

:ph34r:

Stoke tonight, then! :smile:

I'm going for a pukka 2-1 win. :ph34r:

Got a feeling Stearman's gonna score. Funny that. :blink:

Huuuume will be firing on all cylinders and will only be kept from scoring more than once by the goalkeeping heroics of the Stoke keeper, whoever he is. :)

Let's get back to winning games. :thumbup:

My thoughts completely, got to go for win tonight.

Got a feeling 2v1, same scoreline as you.

Luckydoodoo opening the match thread? There's something you don't see everyday....

Anyhow, I think that alot of players (and the manager) will be playing for their careers tonight in the light of MM....

2-0 with HUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMEEEEE scoring a brace.

Tough game with them comming off their win against hammering of Norwich... still it's at home, our defence has been pretty decent (even if we are without McAuley) also I get the sense their wont be an experimentation with Maybury/Stearman on the right, though i could see Stearman going into the centre to stiffle Hendrie... but in the end i think that job will go to Weso... any news on Hughes and Williams?

i've not seen the table this fine morning but i think stoke are about level with us arent they? we are at home so i can see a win for us, our last win under ronald mcdonald (hopefully)

One place above us,on same points.

Tough game with them comming off their win against hammering of Norwich... still it's at home, our defence has been pretty decent (even if we are without McAuley) also I get the sense their wont be an experimentation with Maybury/Stearman on the right, though i could see Stearman going into the centre to stiffle Hendrie... but in the end i think that job will go to Weso... any news on Hughes and Williams?

Hughes may be back, Williams is out.

With all the injuries

With the hefty run of games

With the speculation of a take-over - their jobs being on the line and their minds being elsewhere

With Stoke on a roll

With us struggling to win games

I would expect nothing short of a defeat.

So another draw it is then :D

Hughes may be back, Williams is out.

It'd be good to have a 'proper' midfield player in the centre tonight... also with any luck, without Cook on the left, RK wont feel the need to station a defender on the right wing... only problem is that gives you Sylla or Low, perhaps Hughes with Tiatto in the centre... but personal I'd be tempted to give Sylla a start out there... the threat from Stoke will come down the middle i expect anyway.

Bitch :cry::P

I think we're gonna win 2-1 Hume to score our equaliser and Fryatt the winner. :D

Anyway, let's put a good show on tonight, not just for investors but for the boys as well, come on you blues!!!

It'd be good to have a 'proper' midfield player in the centre tonight... also with any luck, without Cook on the left, RK wont feel the need to station a defender on the right wing... only problem is that gives you Sylla or Low, perhaps Hughes with Tiatto in the centre... but personal I'd be tempted to give Sylla a start out there... the threat from Stoke will come down the middle i expect anyway.

Every time Sylla or Low are suggested for our right side I wince. Or Maybury, or Hughes, or Stearman.

Howard Riley's still around and looking trim ... pity he can't turn back time and demonstrate what the role really entails. :whistle::whistle::whistle:

Every time Sylla or Low are suggested for our right side I wince. Or Maybury, or Hughes, or Stearman.

Howard Riley's still around and looking trim ... pity he can't turn back time and demonstrate what the role really entails. :whistle::whistle::whistle:

We've really got no one else to, realisticly, stick on the right... and with so many players out and Maybury and Stearman's performances on the right (no reflection on the later's performance in the centre against Villa) Sylla would seem to be the least worst option... much as it's surprised me, he was almost "ok" the last few times he played.

We've really got no one else to, realisticly, stick on the right... and with so many players out and Maybury and Stearman's performances on the right (no reflection on the later's performance in the centre against Villa) Sylla would seem to be the least worst option... much as it's surprised me, he was almost "ok" the last few times he played.

Totally agree mate :thumbup:

Luckydoodoo opening the match thread? There's something you don't see everyday....

Anyhow, I think that alot of players (and the manager) will be playing for their careers tonight in the light of MM....

2-0 with HUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMEEEEE scoring a brace.

That's because there isn't a match every day. :whistle:

:ph34r: :pinch:

:thumbup:

Sounds bloody windy out there right now.

Kelly knows nothing else but the hard-to-beat approach. There's no evidence to show Kelly will ever play expansive football apart from just at specific times, like trying to grab an early lead.

So it'll be all the usual suspects and all the same limitations.

Logan;

Kenton, McCarthy, Kisnorbo, Nils;

Stearman, Hughes, Tiatto, Welsh;

Hammond, Hume.

God that looks dour. But it might get a draw.

I see we're joint leaders in the draw stakes once again.

Sadly though, if Stoke really go for it I could see us getting walloped and I hardly ever feel like that.

But where will our goals come from? How will we retain possession for any length of time?.

Even on our bench I cannot imagine either COG or Fryatt will be properly fit. Nor Porter, assuming he's still at the club. Weso and Williams are out, King doesn't seem to be in with a chance or Gradel, or Odhiambo.

We're not likely to change to 4-3-3 and I doubt McCarthy's really ready for action either.

Altogether, if we do any good tonight it'll be an achievement.

Kelly's missing his chances to get others involved who might assist in giving us better options. Those opportunities won't even be considered when the injuries start clearing.

What I'd like tonight would be:

Maybury, McCarthy, Kisnorbo, Nils;

King, Stearman, Tiatto;

Hammond, Hume, O'Grady.

That's presuming Porter and Weso are not fit.

On the bench: Henderson, Kenton, Gradel/Porter, Hughes, Fryatt

Archived