Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Foxlot - Folded

It has come to my knowledge that the running of the Foxlot is not as it should have been, and many winners have not received their prizes. It is in the process of being taken back in-house...Anyone here not got what they were due?

I can't be doing with this, being pestered every home game to get a ticket by some bird in a short skirt. I dont want one love - how many ways can I tell you? :mad:

So in answer to your question DB no I havent :blush:

For every FoxLot draw, there are fantastic prizes to be won. The top prize could be up to £700 in cash! In addition, there will be secondary cash and sometimes other prizes which will be advertised. The prizes vary per draw so that FoxLot is always exciting!
source

...and has this replaced the £3000 top prize?

The guy who sits almost behind us won a TV at the Burnley game; still hasn't received it.

I have used my official capacity to get this investigated, but it's gone far too quiet........

It's a shambles, to be fair.

Yes the 1st prize has gone from a new car, to £3000 to now £700. Not exactly enough to tempt new 'punters' Don't know whether to pack it in but TBH £2 a week is neither here nor there so will prob carry on as it is paid by DD so don't actually 'miss' it

It's been cocked up - and rather than collapse it and relaunch under a different brand name they have simply shifted goal-posts in the hope that no one notices.

*sound of Direct Debit mandate being ripped up*

You watch, over the coming weeks the bus will be transformed into a VW Camper ... and the Foxlot girls will be replaced by Bertha.

It's official, the original company running Foxlot could not afford to run it due to the low uptake of punters and have given it up.

The club have taken it on but have cut back the prize fund to 45% of revenue; hence the reduction in prize from £3000 to £700 - and no doubt the reduction in runner up prizes although no details are available.

Hmm...trouble getting punters to stump up two quid? Who is responsible for marketing?

It's official, the original company running Foxlot could not afford to run it due to the low uptake of punters and have given it up.

The club have taken it on but have cut back the prize fund to 45% of revenue; hence the reduction in prize from £3000 to £700 - and no doubt the reduction in runner up prizes although no details are available.

Hmm...trouble getting punters to stump up two quid? Who is responsible for marketing?

Wasn't it that tart who quit a few weeks back? :blink:

I don't think your average footy fan is too interested in this type of thing, not after forking out £20 for a ticket, £3 for a programme, drinks, food, transport etc. There's also the competition from match betting and the lottery.

It was doomed to fail, they should have examined the history of this typre of fundraiser at LCFC before embarking on it.

With the prize now only £700 I'd be surprised if it's still running at Christmas

I can't be doing with this, being pestered every home game to get a ticket by some bird in a short skirt . I dont want one love - how many ways can I tell you? :mad:

So in answer to your question DB no I havent :blush:

Oh it's a pain!

I received a letter from Tim Davies today. It reads as follows:

Re: FoxLot 1085

FoxLot has to date been managed and marketed by the Novamedia who were responsible for sales, marketing and prizes offered, and as part of the arrangement you will have seen £50000 was donated to our Youth Academy which helped with rquipment and training needs for our youngsters.

Novamedia have recently informed us that it is not financially viable for them to continue to manage FoxLot. We have therefore decided to take over managing the FoxLot ourselves to assist our Academy continue to raise vital funds. We would like to take this opportunity to thank Novamedia for their help, assistance and hard work in this matter.

In order to make the lottery financially viable we do unfortunately have to reduce the prizes offered to 45% of whatever is raised for each draw, we currently estimate the first prize to be in the region of £700 per draw. We will also draw a second and third prize winner. These changes will take place from the 1st November, i.e. following the match against Stoke City and from this date the customer care number will also change to 0116 2294555. You can also email [email protected] for any queries.

We kindly request that you carry on with your subscription as any surplus goes directly to the Academy and we have seen the success of our Academy graduates from Richard Stearman to James Wesolowski, Levi Porter, Conrad Logan and Chris O'Grady. Please also note that some of the rules may also change from that date, but these will be published from our website. We envisage that the main change will be the winning numbers drawn will be the only winners and not a collective block of ten as previously had happened.

You need take no action for your direct debit to continue. For your information the direct debit verification from the bank will now appear on your statement as LCFC Development Association Account. If you do wish to cancel your subscription then please notify us as well as your bank.

I would like to thank you for your support and hope that you will continue to support FoxLot and LCFC to make our Academy great.

If you have any queries please call Carey York on 0116 2294540, [email protected] or visit our website at www.lcfc.co.uk.

With kind regards

Yours sincerely

Tim Davies

Chief Executive

LCFC

The timing of this episode is unfortunate to say the least... :(

every season when i can attended games, i get hte same seat nx to my old man.

this season, some1 has moved into it, and the fecking git has gone a won hte fox lot!!

Yeah but even if you sat there you wouldn't have won because isn't the foxlot only for a) STH and b) For people who have subscribed to play the foxlot.

I don't know because as many I couldn't give shit about the foxlot, but thats how I understand it so you wouldn't have won anything anyway...

I don't think your average footy fan is too interested in this type of thing, not after forking out £20 for a ticket, £3 for a programme, drinks, food, transport etc. There's also the competition from match betting and the lottery.

It was doomed to fail, they should have examined the history of this typre of fundraiser at LCFC before embarking on it.

With the prize now only £700 I'd be surprised if it's still running at Christmas

I used to have my own round selling lottery tickets for the City between 1993 and 1997 which i mainly did for the free tickets or discounted tickets as i was eventually more or less paying for them myself. I gave up the round as i had started Uni up the road at Derby and a few months later the club wound the lottery up due to poor sales caused by the Introduction of the lottery. To be fair you can't blame the club for trying different ways to make money even if their ideas are half baked ones. Bring back Barrie Pierrepoint.

Archived