Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Preston Player Ratings

Logan - 6 nothing to do, no real chance with their goal

maybury - 7 solid defensively, sometimes slow getting forward harshly booked for a blatant dive by their player

kisnorbo - 7 again solid and composed

Mcauley - 6 caught out for pace a few times by nugent solid otherwise

nils - 6 caught for pace early on but adjusted and got forward well

sylla - 6 solid got a few good runs in and helped out in defence a fair bit

hughes - 5 too lightweight 1st half, picked up second

stearman - 6 solid performance, doesnt look totally comfortable

tiatto - 6 some good runs and interplay, set piece delivery was poor

hume - 7 his usual busy self, unlucky not to score twice

fryatt - 5 looks totally short of confidence and is snatching at shots

subs

levi - 6 some good runs and nice touches and some good crosses

elvis - 6 some good runs seemed to lose interest when mcauley pushed up

low - 4 poor again, should **** off and do his law degree full time

Logan - 6 nothing to do, no real chance with their goal

maybury - 7 solid defensively, sometimes slow getting forward harshly booked for a blatant dive by their player

kisnorbo - 7 again solid and composed

Mcauley - 6 caught out for pace a few times by nugent solid otherwise

nils - 6 caught for pace early on but adjusted and got forward well

sylla - 6 solid got a few good runs in and helped out in defence a fair bit

hughes - 5 too lightweight 1st half, picked up second

stearman - 6 solid performance, doesnt look totally comfortable

tiatto - 6 some good runs and interplay, set piece delivery was poor

hume - 7 his usual busy self, unlucky not to score twice

fryatt - 5 looks totally short of confidence and is snatching at shots

subs

levi - 6 some good runs and nice touches and some good crosses

elvis - 6 some good runs seemed to lose interest when mcauley pushed up

low - 4 poor again, should **** off and do his law degree full time

agree totally with Fryatt he looks to be really struggling at the moment and struggles to play with Hume. For me they play to far apart and this lacks any sort of attack getting put together.

agree totally with Fryatt he looks to be really struggling at the moment and struggles to play with Hume. For me they play to far apart and this lacks any sort of attack getting put together.

They lack any sort of support from midfield, simply put.

Logan 6

Maybury 5 - Aimless Passing

McAuley 6 - Good in the air

Kisnorbo 6 - Struggled against Nugent near the start but got better

Johansson 7 - Passing might not be his best assest but at least he showed ambition

Sylla 6 - Got a few decent crosses in

Hughes 5 - Would like to see him pass to our strikers once in a while instead of across or backwards

Stearman 5 - Anonymous

Tiatto 4 - Poor passing and didn't show his usual entusiasm

Fryatt 4 - Should pass more

Hume 5 - Not his usual self

Logan - 7 - constantly directing play and did well with some awful balls pushed back to him

Maybury - 5 - always played the same ball forward

Kisnorbo - 6 - sometimes well-placed, at times adrift

McAuley - 6 - did some excellent covering, sometimes was spending too long looking for where everyone else was and is not really a centre forward. But marks for trying and can pass.

Nils - 7 - looked awful first 5 minutes then got to grips and was very adventurous

Sylla - 7.5 - probably put the most dangerous balls in and some of the most important tackles. Our best dead ball player.

Hughes - 6 - some good positional work (ran like mad to cut out some dangerous moves) but not particularly creative

Stearman - 4 - should never play in that position

Tiatto - 7 - busted, harried and some good stuff too

Hume - 7 - always our most creative forward

Fryatt - 4 - way off the pace

Subs

Low- 5 - did nothing particarly bad, for once.

Hammond - 7 - his running unsettled them hugely. Chalk one up to Thrac.

Porter - 6 - committed. Would have like to see him and Twatto swap around more.

What a pile a negative players who do not put their all in!!

Logan - 6 Untested really.

Maybury - 4 Poor, his passing and his touch is not great.

Kisnorbo - 6 Average really, an average display!

McAuley - 7 Wins nearly everyhting in the air, good show.

Nils - 7 Showed ambition and bombed forward well.

Sylla - 5 Still not good enough, can't take on players or head a simple ball!

Hughes - 4 Poor, plays like a fairy and is very weak in the middle, should have scored too.

Stearman - 7 Did okay, not his best position though.

Tiatto - 6 Works hard but doesn't create much and seems to run around without going forward.

Hume - 7 Worked hard and was unlucky.

Fryatt - 5 Not match fit still, struggled.

Subs

Low- 6 Didn't have much time, nearly set up Hughes for the equaliser. No worse than Sylla.

Hammond - 6 Runs well, but not a Championship standard player.

Porter - 6 Showed willing but didn't trouble Preston.

McAuley was City's best player in my mind.

Logan - 6

Maybury - 6

Kisnorbo - 6

McAuley - 8

Nils - 7

Sylla - 6

Hughes - 6

Stearman - 6

Tiatto - 5

Hume - 7

Fryatt - 5

Subs

Low- 5

Hammond - 5

Porter - 6

Logan 6.5 (Just did his job soundly)

Maybury 6.5 (Up against it at times but competed solidly)

Kisnorbo 6.5 (Good enough but not outstanding)

McAuley 7 (No complaints)

Nils 6.5 (Even supported the attack a couple of times. Again tried to pass his way forwards)

Sylla 6 (Retained possession better than normal but his effect is so limited. His one shot was embarrassing)

Hughes 6.5 (Looked as if he was doing okay. But, again, mo real penetration or attacking threat)

Stearman 5.5 (A couple of moments but really needs footballers around him and his normal role at full-back)

Tiatto 6.5 (Always there to be counted and looked much better in midfield with Porter outside. Free-kicks too predictable)

Hume 6 (Worked hard as ever but only carved out one notable chance. Just not his best day).

Fryatt 4 (If I were one of his team mates I have left him alone to do his thing. He never showed the slightest interest in passing to anyone who made a run and was a compelte liability).

Porter 7 (Added a bit of much needed movement to the side. Indeed, the only time the crowd muzzed was when he got the ball but even though he generally retained possession and helped contribute to some of City's better moves, he was subdued, presumably by tactical instructions).

Hammond 6.5 (One great chance to score and threatened far more in his short time than ever Fryatt did. His appearance, along with Porter's contributed to City's best spell of the game, albeit it unfruitful).

Low 5.5 (Not on long but, sadly, still failed to make any difference).

Logan 7 - Did his job

-------------------

Maybury

Kisnorbo

McAuley

Nils

All of them get a six for being decent and lacking concentration in equal measure.

-------------------

Sylla 5 - Started poorly and faded.

Hughes 7 - The full bloodied challenges he threw in demonstrated how 'up for it' he was.

Stearman 5 - Absent for 55 minutes of the match...creating the hole that Preston exploited through the middle

Tiatto 7 - For all his cock-ups, still the only man covering the pitch in an "I'll die for LCFC today" manner

Hume 6 - For him, poor ~ but the service he got was appalling.

Fryatt 4 - Has he got stress problems? They are all the rage with sportsmen these days :rolleyes:

Porter 5 - I am still waiting for him to do something. Anything.

Hammond 5 - Elvis ran out of Disco Bob credit some time ago and needs to top it up with a goal.

Low... He makes me feel very ___ when he comes on the pitch (3 down)

Logan 8 - Outstanding kicking and unlucky to see the post get in the way of his save.

Maybury 7 - kept Pugh relatively quiet.

Kisnorbo 8 - marked well and kept a very fast forward line at bay

McAuley 8 - along with Kisorbo covered and tracked the runs of Nugent and kept the best forward in the division fairly quiet.

Nils 9 - coped well with arguably the best right-winger in the division.

Sylla 6 - Needs a lift in confidence and should have done better with his only opportunity

Hughes 6.5 Slightly over-run in midfield against an industrious and creative Preston midfield.

Stearman 6 Kept the ball moving well

Tiatto 7 - Got involved and never hid!

Hume 9 - Caused Preston problems with his movement although found it hard to shake off the marking from an organised and professional defence.

Fryatt 5.367 - Needs a boost - will score next week against Derby (hopefully!)

Logan 7 could not be at fault for goal

Johansson 3 not a fan of johansson he never does anything well - only average or worse

Kisnorbo 6 nothing special, but solid

McAuley 6 same as kisnorbo, but definately an able replacement if either paddy is out

Maybury 6 not much wrong. Did OK (cant believe im rating on how little they got wrong instead of what they did right)

Sylla 5 He's a winger....he needs to run more and get more crosses in.

Stearman 5 Not his best game ever..looked average

Hughes 6 Probably the best midfielder...didnt lose the ball too much

Tiatto 5 Has more good games than bad games...but not today

Hume 8 Again was best player....but as in Gerrard/Liverpool's case you cant rely on 1 player.

Fryatt 3 Worst ive ever seen him play. Slow as Low at times

Subs:

Porter 6 Needed more of the ball and more time in which to use it

Low -14 Can't believe we actually bought him on......fooking s*!@

Hammond 5 Didnt do much right....but needs more time?

Another performance like this and we're never going to stay in the running for a play off place. Mid-Table Mediocrity looms again.:banghead: Doesnt matter who we play. Top team or Barnsley....we still play crap. Only 1 real good performance this season...Villa. BRING ON THE FA CUP!!!

Logan 8 - Outstanding kicking and unlucky to see the post get in the way of his save.

Maybury 7 - kept Pugh relatively quiet.

Kisnorbo 8 - marked well and kept a very fast forward line at bay

McAuley 8 - along with Kisorbo covered and tracked the runs of Nugent and kept the best forward in the division fairly quiet.

Nils 9 - coped well with arguably the best right-winger in the division.

Sylla 6 - Needs a lift in confidence and should have done better with his only opportunity

Hughes 6.5 Slightly over-run in midfield against an industrious and creative Preston midfield.

Stearman 6 Kept the ball moving well

Tiatto 7 - Got involved and never hid!

Hume 9 - Caused Preston problems with his movement although found it hard to shake off the marking from an organised and professional defence.

Fryatt 5.367 - Needs a boost - will score next week against Derby (hopefully!)

:cry: Wish i could be as optimistic as you. If you didnt know the result you would think we'd thrashed them.

Kelly - 6 - Needs to start being more positive in his selection. This was a very negative starting line-up, and it showed.

Logan - 7 - Had little to do other than pick the ball out of the net. Kicking was better than normal.

Maybury - 3 - Absolutely appalling. Should be the first name on the transfer list when the time comes.

Kisnorbo - 6 - Competent display but still seems a little off form.

McAuley - 8 - MOTM for me. A commanding performance. Seemed to be everywhere clearing up the mess left by everyone else.

Nils - 7 - Went AWOL at times, but at least had the vision and gumption to try and generate some forward momentum.

Sylla - 6 - Tried hard but failed to produce anything of note. Needs lessons from Hume on how to win headers.

Hughes - 3 - Back to his old self. Another lazy, limp-wristed performance. Should be second on the transfer list after Maybury.

Stearman - 5 - Anonymous. Not his fault though. Should have replaced Maybury at Right Back.

Tiatto - 6 - Lacked his usual bite and commitment. His free-kicks were abysmal.

Hume - 8 - Worked so, so, hard but alas to no avail. Was denied a superb equaliser by an equally superb save from the Preston goalkeeper.

Fryatt - 5 - Chased the ball down well and got himself into some excellent positions. Shame he then kept f*****g it up!

Subs

Low - 6 - Managed to get a couple of decent crosses in (along with another embarrassing header).

Hammond - 6 - At least tried to do something positive, which is more than can be said for most of his team-mates.

Porter - 6 - Yet again showed why he should have been on from the start.

Officials - 8 - Good standard all round - although the ref seemed to have a mad ten minutes in the first half.

I know I've come to the keyboard on the back of a drink or two but I can't believe some of the marks I've seen.

McAuley had one of his poorest games today. He was exposed for pace on more than one occasion.

Kisnorbo made two woeful attempts at back passes and was saved by others. Those errors will prove costly if he repeats them.

Hume himself said he played poorly. Some people think he can do no wrong.

Stearman was out of position, end of. He was shit but it wasn't his fault, that lies at the door of Mr Kelly.

Sylla whilst not being world class pulled his weight once more and was involved in much of what we did right. To come off for Josh Low must feel awful.

From what I remember, Nils has scored between 3 and 9. Average that out and you have his true score. His ass was wupped in the first part of the game but he adapted well.

And Thrachian, what happened to you not coming again until the club started to play attacking formations based on youth???? or did you score from the commentary?

I know I've come to the keyboard on the back of a drink or two but I can't believe some of the marks I've seen.

McAuley had one of his poorest games today. He was exposed for pace on more than one occasion.

Kisnorbo made two woeful attempts at back passes and was saved by others. Those errors will prove costly if he repeats them.

Stearman was out of position, end of. He was shit but it wasn't his fault, that lies at the door of Mr Kelly.

Sylla whilst not being world class pulled his weight once more and was involved in much of what we did right. To come off for Josh Low must feel awful.

From what I remember, Nils has scored between 3 and 9. Average that out and you have his true score. His ass was wupped in the first part of the game but he adapted well.

And Thrachian, what happened to you not coming again until the club started to play attacking formations based on youth???? or did you score from the commentary?

Old habits do die hard.

I was feeling optimistic again having watched the Academy - and decided it might be a good day after all.

I knew it wouldn't be when I found the Swan & Rushes full of Tigers fans and that their bar staff couldn't cope. As they say, it was all downhill after that!. Even my son turned up late, got given a free ticket as he queued for his ticket - and thought it was expensive after watching the match!!!

Logan 6 - fine. Goal keeping isn't our problem

Maybury 5 - workmanlike and unspectacular

Johannsen 7 - looked like one of our better attacking players

McAuley 7- Looks good. Reasonable distribution

Kisnorbo 7 - no complaints

Sylla 4 - I want wingers to run at defenders, not simply lay off easy passes. Run at them, then lay passes behind the defenders for attackers to run on to

Stearman 2 - like a lost sheep. Unfair to play him out of position on this showing. Play him at right back

Hughes 5 - comfortable in his own half, lost in his opponents territory. I still haven't worked out his preferred position. Has the Club?

Tiatto 5 - tries hard, but lacked any creative spark

Hume 8 - The only player who looks like scoring, who looks like he's enjoying it, and who inspires the crowd

Fryatt 4 - encouraged when he harried PNE's defenders and forced a mistake early doors, but faded badly. So needs a couple of reserve team games to get some confidence

Porter 4 - so wanted him to show something. He didn't

Hammond 3 - I'm afraid I've never rated him, and he did nothing to change my opinion

Low 2 - In many respects I feel sorry for him. I think his body language suggests that he knows he isn't good enough for this level, and that must be a dreadful realisation for a pro.

This lack of a reserve team now seems a most dreadful mistake. Couldn't stand RL's 'probing' post match interviews - 'you only had 16 fit professionals Rob'. I thought O'Grady was fit. Presumably we weren't forced to send Dodds to Northwich? We are allowed to put one of the youngsters on the bench

That's because he had to run around like a lunatic covering everyone else's arse! He was easily the MOTM.

Ok, he didn't have a great game by his standards but he still gave it 110% - more than can be said for most of the team. There's not a lot he can do if the likes of Maybury are constantly trying to play 'wonderballs' that are anything but. :angry:

Archived