Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Preston Player Ratings

logan 6.5 didn't have much to do but kicking an improvement on the plymouth game.

maybury 5 not great in any aspect of his game.

mccauley 6 ok in the air but exposed by nugent in the first half for his lack of pace. would he be good enough at a higher level?

kisnorbo 5 very average performance on the whole. some poor judgement on back passes and his long range passing as terrible as ever.

nissa 6 bit like villa. exposed at the start but 2nd half defended further up the pitch and with more aggression.

sylla 5 simply doesn't do enough. the quickest he ran all afternoon was when he was being subbed. yet again not once did he make it to the byline surely every winger should be able to do this at least once.

hughes 6 put in some very strong tackles and a couple of nice touches in the 2nd half nearly led to a goal. should have scored and imo should have had a penalty. better than usual.

stearman 5 confirmed he is not a midfield player.

tiatto 5 thought he tried hard but his dead ball play was shocking.

fryatt 3 a pale shadow of last season's player. at the moment he offers nothing. head down never sees a pass and has no pace to compensate. looking a division 1 player at the moment.

hume 5.5 should have scored, not his best day and what the hell is it with corners. someone tell him he won't score from the corner flag. he's our leading scorer and should be in the box.

subs

hammond 5 pace pace pace and nothing else.

porter 4 didn't get forward or offer himself enough. continuously outmuscled and looked what he is a rookie with potential.

low 5 no improvement on sylla. 1 decent cross but not really good enough

Logan - 6 No chance with the goal, other than that didn't really have a save to make.

Maybury - 6 Blatantly average, all he'll ever be.

Kisnorbo - 7 Solid for the most part, some crazy back passes though

Mcauley - 6 Similar to Kisnorbo, solid for most of the game but his lack of pace is beginning to be exploited.

Nils - 6 A bit iffy defensively but got forward a few times :o

Sylla - 6 Nice to see some good tackles from Momo, I wish someone would tell him he can go faster than 1st gear though :rolleyes:

Hughes - 6 Better performance and didn't shy away from tackles as much as usual.

Stearman - 6 Not bad considering he's being played out of position, was unlucky to be taken off I thought.

Tiatto - 3 Absolutely woeful

Hume - 6 Not really his day, should've scored.

fryatt - 5 No confidence, no match fitness is trying too hard to make things happen for himself. Needs to learn to pass the ball and try and let something develop rather than 'shooting' from outside of the box all the time himself.

Subs

Levi - 6 Didn't really get alot of the ball but did well enough.

Elvis - 6 Caused trouble with his pace, unlucky not to score.

Low - 3 Shocking and he's a right lazy bastard.

That's because he had to run around like a lunatic covering everyone else's arse! He was easily the MOTM.

Ok, he didn't have a great game by his standards but he still gave it 110% - more than can be said for most of the team. There's not a lot he can do if the likes of Maybury are constantly trying to play 'wonderballs' that are anything but. :angry:

So sorry, I didn't realise his lack of pace was other people's fault, how remiss of me.

Still can't see how you can give an 8 to a player who says himself he was below par and who you admit didn't have a great game..

logan..................7

THE DEFENCE.

maybury.............4

was badly shown up by their forwards

McAuley.............7

had to help cover the position maybury was supposed to be protecting.

kisnorbo............7

not his best game and slightly underhit a couple of passes but otherwise sound.

nissa.................7

tried to go forwards as well has defend.

MIDFIELD.

sylla..................6

tried but was relatively ineffective.

hughes..............4

watched him for a period of time to see what he does off the ball , doesnt seem to know exactly what he is meant to be doing from the looks of things.

stearman..........4

maybe its a ploy by kelly keeping him in midfield so that no one will want to buy him. :whistle:

tiatto................6

was better when switched from the wing to the middle but his set piece deliveries are very hit n' miss though he does provide a combative edge where none at present exists.

porter...substitute....5

looked a bit off the pace but did try and i think he did worry their defence

low......substitute.....4

obviously tries and wasnt given much time but i know from watching previous performances , though i shouldnt judge on them , that he isnt good enough in his preferred position at this level.

ATTACK.

Hume..............7

not his best game but even then he came close a couple of times to nicking a goal.

fryatt..............5

got into some good positions and nicked the ball from their defenders a couple of times but did not seem to have the confidence to shoot and score like he did last season.

elvis.....substitute...5

gave their defence some different problems but nothing they could not handle , shooting isnt his greatest strength :ph34r:

OVERALL...

the first half was very , exceedingly , astronomically poor followed by a second half that was relatively dire to be quite honest. possibly the worst game i have seen this season and was actually poorer than some of the stuff i had seen played under levein last season.

I'm amazed anyone scored any of our players over 7.

The midfield was shocking first half. Tiatto looked a much better play in the centre. I would have taken Maybury off and put Stearman in his place.Hammond upset them far more than Fryatt who frankly needs a few games/goals in the reserves. Low was a joke and for me Sylla did as much as anyone.Hume, despite being poor was still my MOM and I'd only give him 6.5.

We're all wrong, according to the Merc:

City showed up well against those two sides but Kelly took no real satisfaction from that.

Those two sides being Plymouth and Preston. Didn't see the Plymouth game, but the phrase 'City showed up well' wasn't uppermost in my mind at 5pm on Saturday!

We're all wrong, according to the Merc:

City showed up well against those two sides but Kelly took no real satisfaction from that.

Those two sides being Plymouth and Preston. Didn't see the Plymouth game, but the phrase 'City showed up well' wasn't uppermost in my mind at 5pm on Saturday!

If Bill Anderson was a manager he would certainly be easily satisfied. :whistle:

Archived