Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
knightonfox

Standing at Walkers

Just discovered there's an "early day motion" going to the house of commons about introducing safe standing areas at football grounds. There's a petition to sign and links to how to write to your MP. If you care about the atmosphere (or lack of it!) at Walkers please have a look and sign up.

http://www.standupsitdown.co.uk

There are links to all the Leicester MPs in the forum. Only 4 MPs have already signed up to the motion so it needs a few more to get through!

Just discovered there's an "early day motion" going to the house of commons about introducing safe standing areas at football grounds. There's a petition to sign and links to how to write to your MP. If you care about the atmosphere (or lack of it!) at Walkers please have a look and sign up.

There are links to all the Leicester MPs in the forum. Only 4 MPs have already signed up to the motion so it needs a few more to get through!

sounds good, nice one knightonfox :thumbup:

the walkers is desperate for atmosphere (i'm sorry to say)

sounds good, nice one knightonfox :thumbup:

the walkers is desperate for atmosphere (i'm sorry to say)

If you want to stand, and want to sing move to L1. Just get your season ticket changed. The more people that move over the better.

If you want to stand, and want to sing move to L1. Just get your season ticket changed. The more people that move over the better.

yeh i was gunna say L1 all stand now anyway so just move over there!

we do need a better atmosphere granted, but if L1 is already standing anyway were else in the ground do u make it standing?

I stand all game anyway atm in L1. Good idea though and I'm for it. Everyone should deffo stand at away games :thumbup:

I stand when I go, only because i'm at the back, I like the idea of standing areas, though they should probably be spread over the stadium, that way the sound won't just be coming from one place.

This is great news, lets hope it manages to get passed into legislation - although it's a long way to go.

Would be fantastic if we could get rid of the totally irrational rules that stipulate that people must sit at football and in effect discriminates against football fans.

Great find Knightonfox. :thumbup:

I agree with having a standing (and singing ) area , I have always advocated that what we need is an area that is :

1)Free from 'dads and grandads and kids day out ' kind of fans

2)Free from nambie pambie 'dont swear ,cant say that, oooo dontcha think thats a bit over the top' type of people.

I put it to you , as I always have done on this particular topic, that we should have 'The Kop' , reinstated as a standing area, it will allow all like minded people to mingle and sing , fart , shout swear and be happy together. All without retribution.

If we were all together in the kop then we would not need L1 as a counterforce to away fans .

The noise would be together in the kop and being all together it would be a noise to recognise, be you a fan from the oppo or a player on the pitch.

What are the rules at the Walkers regarding standing?

At Telstra Dome (where MVFC play) they have a special standing supporters bay behind one goal, but that's for the BWB (European style support). The British style supporters stand behind the opposite goal - there's no provision for us to stand but the whole bay does anyway... as long as no one complains it's all good, and no one does cos everyone knows we stand.

However the older generation tend to moan at you for doing so.

I fought at the Somme, in the Boer and at Agincourt for the right to sit on my arse wherever and whenever I fancy. Hitler and Hirohito couldn't force me to stand up so I'll be damned if a bunch of whipper-snappers are going to make me do so.

Besides, if I stood up I might knock my flask over.

You young ones go enjoy yourselves but just keep the noise down a bit, usually I like to have a nap between 3pm and 4pm.

standing will probably not happen.

the club will not re-introduce something they will have to charge reduced prices for.

also, concerning atmosphere, football supporters have changed since 1994 when we last saw standing at filbo. now more families attend and the terrace mentality doesn't exist in the same way it used to.

plus, the main factor basically is that the team are doing poorly and morale is low. apart from one offs (ie, the villa game) the atmosphere is poor. if the team climb the league and challenge for promotion then it will improve. simply reintroducing standing isnt the solution.

Thanks for your support and to those who've signed our petition and become a member of SUSD.

We've our own forum at the site where many issues effecting all supporters are being discussed and you'd of course be welcome there.

We also hope to plan a Championship Day of Action and it would be fantastic of Leicester could take part in this.

www.standupsitdown.co.uk

What are the rules at the Walkers regarding standing?

At Telstra Dome (where MVFC play) they have a special standing supporters bay behind one goal, but that's for the BWB (European style support). The British style supporters stand behind the opposite goal - there's no provision for us to stand but the whole bay does anyway... as long as no one complains it's all good, and no one does cos everyone knows we stand.

following the Hillsborough disaster standing was banned in all Premier league grounds, and most Championship have followed suit as if they were to get promoted they would need to have a all seater stadium in order to play in the Prem.

L1 is the best

Aye t'is.. Purchasing a half season ticket there and my season ticket for next season in L1 as well. Great stuff over there.. Would be made better if the Kop were moved to where the family stand is, but the noise in L is brilliant anyway :)

SUAS!

Great Idea, thi would be great if it ever happened.

I agree we should stand at away games. Lets start by Standing at Derby :thumbup: eh Damo <_<

Will do if you make me a space like you said :thumbup: Don't wana be bollocked by the flask brigade ( :P ) for standing up infront of them on me own :o

following the Hillsborough disaster standing was banned in all Premier league grounds, and most Championship have followed suit as if they were to get promoted they would need to have a all seater stadium in order to play in the Prem.

Understandable I spose given the magnitude of that day.

One thing about TD - even the standing sections have retractable seats... maybe that would solve the issues? You can only fit so many people into separate rows with retractable seats.

well i stand at the back of the kop but wolud considder going to L1 if the atmos got worse that the shiite state its in at the mo

well i stand at the back of the kop but wolud considder going to L1 if the atmos got worse that the shiite state its in at the mo

I'd recommend moving there anyway mate. Having experienced both the Kop and L1 for league games (with a sizable crowd difference) I'd say L1 is a better place to be if you're after atmosphere. For some reason, the Kop just doesn't get going like it used to :(:nono:

move now mate just go and swap your season ticket.. its much better.. anyway

im going derby and i shall not sit down i tell thee.. i hope all you who want to stand as it seems everyone does just stand and make the flask crew stand also or move to an area of blank seats ??

bring on derbeh

Archived