Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Team For Norwich

First problem at Norwich is someone has got to stop Earnshaw. McAuley, I fear is too slow, and might waste some of the energy he might need to have another go as an extra striker.

Our team definitely functioned better going 3-4-3 at Derby but I don't think RK would do that all through so I return to 4-3-3 as my preferred option.

I've understood Kelly bringing Levi back as a substitute after his long lay-off but Welsh is so bad I just cannot see how that can go on.

And Kelly is probably bound to stick with his Stearman/Maybury combination down the ribght which he deep down favours so much but is never going to help us get get enough goals.

But, to me the team should be:

Logan

Stearman, McCarthy, Kisnorbo, Tiatto;

King, Hughes, Wesolowski.

Hammond, Hume, Porter.

If Weso's not fit I'd play Tiatto in midfield and Nils at left back as usual.

With some players counting half a point, that's eight potential scorers and eight potential defenders.

-------------------Logan

------------McAuley-- Kisnorbo

Stearman ------Weso----------- Sheehan

------------Porter---------King

-------Hume ---------------Hammond

:ph34r:

Subs: Henderson, Odhiambo, Gradel, McKay, Mattock

:thumbsup:

What's with the handicap, aren't we bad enough as it is?

even after satdi dave? now i am not a fan of elvis and i do like matty but he was an absolute shower vs the scum

To be fair to Fryatt he receives no service so therefore its impossbile for him to play well. I think Elvis hold sthe ball up better than Fryatt.

It's proven that we have a decent record when Elvis starts

What's with the handicap, aren't we bad enough as it is?

I did toy with the idea of replacing Hammond with Dodds, but as he's on loan still, it's just not possible now (need 24 hour notice, if we have a recall option at all, so we're cutting it fine at best, barking up the wrong tree at worst). :P

I did toy with the idea of replacing Hammond with Dodds, but as he's on loan still, it's just not possible now (need 24 hour notice, if we have a recall option at all, so we're cutting it fine at best, barking up the wrong tree at worst). :P

I wasn't referring to Hammond as the handicap, although some might think he is, it was your numbers, they're a bit like Hughes lightweight :P

----------------------------------------------------Logan

--------------------Kisnorbo-----------------McCarthy-------------------McAuley

Stearman------------Hughes--------------Weso--------------Porter-------------------Tiatto

-------------------------------------Hume-------------------Fryatt/Hammond

Subs Henderson, Hammond, Johansson, then either Williams/Sylla whoevers fit and Andy King or another youngster ( because we really need to start blooding some of them)

normally i would think this would be a good formation but i wouldnt use it against norwich. norwich play the 4-5-1/4-3-3 formation so huckerby n mcviegh (or whoever plays) will have alot of space down the wings. this will in turn push stearman and tiatto back meaning we wil have a 5-3-2 which is more negative than we are already.

does anyone actually play 3-5-2 anymore? i dont think i have seen it for a while.

i would stick to 4-4-2 for now:

logan

stearman

mcarthy

kisnorbo

johansson

sylla - he never gets picked for away games but plays at home

weso

hughes

porter

fryatt

hume

subs - henderson, mcauley, tiatto, williams/king, hammond

I wasn't referring to Hammond as the handicap, although some might think he is, it was your numbers, they're a bit like Hughes lightweight :P

A-Ha! I see where you're coming from now. :ph34r:

I looked at my team sheet and thought how could anyone see any handicap apart from Hammond's less-than-clinical finishing. :ph34r:

Well, the kids are shit-hot right now, so the handicap wouldn't hurt us, I don't think. :whistle::ph34r::thumbup:

I updated it now to satisfy league rules about starting with 11 players etc etc. :P

-------------------Logan

------------McAuley-- Kisnorbo

Stearman ------Weso----------- Sheehan

--------Gradel-----King-----Porter

-------Hume ---------------Hammond

Subs: Henderson, Odhiambo, McKay, Mattock, Chambers

Find a fault with that one! :smile::P:thumbup:

Dodds would replace Hammond upon his return from the Conference. ;)

he has been recalled and travelled with the squad yesterday

Perhaps there is the possibility of some initiaitve but if so, I hope he doesn't leave it too late this time, or until we're playing catch up.

I also hope the crowd don't get on Dodds's back through impatience. Dodds is not your headless chicken type. He contributes alright but he's not an in-your-face player who is easily noticed. He's a guy who might seem out of things until he gets a chance - and suddenly he'll score.

My main hope is that Porter's around him to supply some of the passes he likes and that Hammond's there to aid the space making.

It's a start anyway - and if Kingy's added to the mix in time, I think there'll be some light.

Why do people put King, Gradel, Sheenan, and Odihambo in their selections when the know full well Kelly will never pick them??

Not 100% sure but I think Kelly intended to have King in the squad against Villa but for whatever reason it didn't happen. Sheehan is injured anyway. Gradel's suspended and has probably dropped out of contention which is a pity and Odhiambo's got little chance of selection for another year at least I'd imagine.

Don't know about others but I pick the team I'd like to see based on the players available. I couldn't bring myself to select some of the teams Kelly has chosen this season. Either on this site or in reality.

Because they're idiots.

Looking at Leicester's position in the table - close once again to the lowest we've been in our history - I'm not sure who the idiots are.

Many people on this site have screamed for a change of emphasis in our team selection. They didn't want Kenton, they didn't want Johnson and they quickly found out they didn't want Low either not to mention a few from last season.

But no. On we went in the same plodding, unimaginative direction. And you say they're idiots. Seeing we're losing anyway maybe some of us don't want to sit there waiting 80 minutes for a sodding shot.

Or waiting til we're a goal down before we venture into the attacker third of the ground.

I don't give a shit what you put down as your favoured side. It's your opinion and you're more than welcome to it. But why others should be called "idiots" for wanting something different I find very hard to understand.

Not 100% sure but I think Kelly intended to have King in the squad against Villa but for whatever reason it didn't happen. Sheehan is injured anyway. Gradel's suspended and has probably dropped out of contention which is a pity and Odhiambo's got little chance of selection for another year at least I'd imagine.

Don't know about others but I pick the team I'd like to see based on the players available. I couldn't bring myself to select some of the teams Kelly has chosen this season. Either on this site or in reality.

That's fair enough. It's frustrating when you know Kelly will stick with players such as Johnson and Low instead of taking a risk on some of our more talented youngsters. But i for one haven't actually seen much of any of them.

Archived