Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bigneville

XBOX 360

if you do get one make sure you get:

extra controller

pro 6

and smackdown vs raw :)

there all ace games

btw i surgest you look at :

www.currys.co.uk

www.game.com

www.play.com

and the other usual places

I got mine for christmas from my wife.i got tiger 07&fifa07(im a pro evo man myself)with hard drive wireless controller internet headset etc...for £299 but you will have to search for it as its not on woolys site,some special deal i found whilst searching on google.Make sure you get fight night round 3!!awesome game.

big nev , i m just about to put mine on ebay , virtually brand new , 1 controller and fifa 07 , headset and all nessasary leads and is boxed .looking for around 200 quid . pm me if your interested

big nev , i m just about to put mine on ebay , virtually brand new , 1 controller and fifa 07 , headset and all nessasary leads and is boxed .looking for around 200 quid . pm me if your interested

just sold it for £190

You buying a Wii then???? :thumbup:

no mate , the only games i enjoy playing are fifa , pro evo , cricket ,rugby, f1 etc

and the playstation 2 is ideal for them so im bringing that back out

Are Wii's any good? They just strike me as a console that you would get bored of very quickly. Like a glorified eye-toy.

Oh lildave3 you have sooo much to learn!!! :rolleyes:

And sparky, you wait until Wii Cricket comes out... it'll be fantastic!! :thumbup:

The Wii would be like the DS, fun at first with the touch screen etc. but it grows boring after a while, and you would rather use a normal controller

:o Huh!!

Since when has the DS touch screen been boring??? It's only crapy on lacklustre porsts of crap games where it's shoehorned in!! :rolleyes:

Some sort of Scooby Doo game, the actual game wasn't bad, just the touch screen wasn't really needed, it just took extra fuss to perform simple tasks.

That Brain game is dodgy too, it doesn't recognise some of the number written :angry: And my writings not that bad, is it? :unsure:

no mate , the only games i enjoy playing are fifa , pro evo , cricket ,rugby, f1 etc

and the playstation 2 is ideal for them so im bringing that back out

From an xbox 360 back to a ps2??ill stick to pro evo and cricket on pc.Theres some great games on xbox 360 such as table tennis,fight night 3& call of duty 3.havent much time on it yet though but 1st impressions are mind blowing.i think the wii is just a gimmick,mind you ive never been a nintendo fan.

Some sort of Scooby Doo game, the actual game wasn't bad, just the touch screen wasn't really needed, it just took extra fuss to perform simple tasks.

That Brain game is dodgy too, it doesn't recognise some of the number written :angry: And my writings not that bad, is it? :unsure:

'Fraid so!! It should only have a problem one in every 100 inputs, (and that's writing really quickly!!).

Try Trauma Centre for real stylus controlling!!!

I'm sturggling to get mine online, it says that it hasn't got an IP address, anyone have any ideas?

Found this on the PES forums that may help you...

Guys,

Long post coming up but if you have trouble with xbox live gaming (not just with PES) then it's worth a read.

I know it's been mentioned a few times here and there but I couldn't see a decent guide anywhere on the forums regarding NAT settings.

Many xbox live gamers who use routers have trouble playing games online (not just PES) when they haven't configured their 360's internet connection correctly. 9 times out of 10 the reason for this is their NAT setting status. Your 360 will have trouble communicating with other live users if your settings aren't configured properly.

Firstly, check what status your xbox 360 is showing NAT to be :-

Go to the System blade, select Network Settings and then Test Xbox Live Connection. Let it run through the tests (60 seconds or less) and right down the bottom of the list of results is NAT. If this is anything other than "Open", then read on, otherwise you're good to go.

The reason for a "Closed" or "Moderate" result is that your router is not configured properly for xbox live usage. It is either not configured to enable NAT (Net Address Translation) or it is blocking at least some traffic to your xbox.

The following guide is quite generic due to the various models of routers out there but it should help.

Ensure that your router has NAT enabled.

Log into your router's settings page via your internet browser. You should definitely know how to do this if you own a router. If you don't, then consult your router's documentation. Somewhere in the settings there should be an option to enable or disable NAT, this should be enabled.

*If your NAT was disabled but is now enabled, it's worth running to the xbox live connection test again to see if NAT is now showing as open. If it is then you're ok, if not then read on.

Ensure that your router is allowing the required traffic to your xbox.

This is the most common cause of "Closed" or "Moderate" NAT settings. With most routers you can't just plug the xbox in and expect it to be configured properly, you need to tell the router to allow specific traffic through instead of blocking it (which routers will do by default).

First of all you really should assign your xbox a static I.P. If you've done this and you know the I.P, skip to point 2), otherwise start at 1).

1) First of all, find out your router's IP address. This is the what you type into your web browser when you want to get into the settings page (preceded by http://). For example, for Netgear I'm pretty sure it's always 192.168.0.1.

Go into your xbox live connection settings on your xbox and chose "Manual Setup" instead of "Automatic".

IF your routers I.P is infact 192.168.0.1 then enter the following:-

• IP Address : 192.168.0.2

• Subnet mask : 255.255.255.0

• Default Gateway : 192.168.0.1

• DNS server (Primary): 192.168.0.1

• DNS server (Secondary): 192.168.0.1

The I.P address highlighted in bold will now be your Xbox's I.P address and it will never change. If you've already reserved 192.168.0.2 for another device then simply chose a higher number on the end. e.g 192.168.0.20 or something.

The I.P addresses which are underlined should be replaced by your routers's I.P (if different from 192.168.0.1).

2) At this stage you have two options: the simple way (DMZ) and the "correct" way (forwarding specific ports). Personally I would suggest most people use the simple option (DMZ), but some routers don't have this functionality so you'll have to use the port forwarding option instead.

The two methods are explained below. Try a) first. If it appears that your router doesn't have DMZ functionality or it simply doesn't work then try b) instead.

a) Go into your router settings page. Somewhere in there (normally under "Security" or "Advanced", you should be able to spot something which refers to "DMZ" or "Default DMZ Server". Along side this setting there should be an option to type in an I.P address. It's usually labelled as "Server I.P". In here is where you want to type in the new I.P of your Xbox (192.168.0.2 in the example above). Click Apply or Save or whatever the option is.

Allow your router to reset (if it needs to). Ensure that your other devices (PC, Laptop) etc still have internet access. If they do, then try your xbox live connection test again. If your NAT is open, you're all done. If not, then reverse the changes you just made and try option b) instead.

b) By default, all routers block ALL incoming traffic on undefined ports. Xbox live requires your xbox to be able to communicate with the outside world on two ports. An unconfigured router will allow traffic OUT on these ports, but not IN. You need to ensure that your router is allowing traffic both in and out.

All routers have the ability to "forward" ports, which effectively means "opening them up", which is what we want to do. The practice is nearly always referred to as "port forwarding".

Check your router's user guide / documentation, or check the manufacturers website for information on how to forward ports.

The ports and protocols you need to forward to your Xbox's new IP (192.168.0.2 in the example above) are as follows :-

3074 TCP

3074 UDP

88 UDP

www.portforward.com is an excellent site which has guides on how to forward ports. It has specific guides which cover a lot of common routers.

Once you've forwarded these ports, run the xbox live connection test again. Your NAT should now be "Open". If it's not then it's very likely you've done something wrong so come back and ask here and I (or other people) will try and help.

This isn't just going to help with PES either, it's important for many other games too (ever seen the "Can't communicate with all players / host" message on PGR3? - NAT is your problem).

Regarding PES online gaming, I had a few problems finding games when it first came out but now I'm getting loads every night, just by creating a match and waiting about 30 seconds. I can't be sure, but I expect a lot of people who are having connection difficulties do not have properly configured connections.

Please don't post in here saying that you know all about NAT and you still can't get a game because PES online is crap. That's not the point of this thread. I'm just trying to help the people who may not have a clue what - or how important - NAT is.

By the way, if it all goes wrong and you just want to get back on xbox live then simply set your xbox connection settings back to automatic again.

Hope this helps!

Archived