Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Southampton Reactions

Just got back from the game (live in london). That was one of the worst performances I have seen in a long time (and there have been many). We were second in every department. You can't point to any one individual player playing poorly or to bad tactics. Every player was bad and not one seemed to have any desire. I can't even say one player played well. The manner of the defeat was bad.

It didn't help I was sitting in Southampton's kop, listening to their gloating fans. I think one of their supporters summed it up when he said Leicester were a cr*p team, and if they manage to pull one goal back, that would make Southampton a sh*t team too.

We looked marginally better upfront when Fryatt came in (although still very poor) and really Matty should have scored. Missed a sitter, on the odd time when Southampton had gone to sleep. If he'd have scored that, it could have been an exciting last 10 minutes.

In reality, a bad day, should have been 3 or 4 not just the 2. We always lose against George Burley teams.

Just back too.

So much for keeping a winning team. First shot from williams after 64 minutes and the only time Leicester even contested the game was when Kelly was forced to throw caution to the wind.

Even then we only created one worthwhile chance - Hammond laying on a sitter which Fryatt missed from half the distance Hammond got pilloried for missing from two or three weeks back.

But even if he'd scored it was never going to change the result and only two excellent saves by Henderson near the end prevented a walloping.

In every department we were second to the ball, second in the tackle, slower to control a pass, inaccurate in making even the simplest passes, our movement was non-existent compared with Saints and we never started to match their variety in attack.

If ever we needed proof that two hasslers like Hughes and Tiatto is too big a handicap in midfield today showed it.

First half we literally struggled to get out of our half. Southampton targetted Nils' lack of pace and Porter was soon having to double up as an extra defender.

Maybury and Hughes fared no better on the other side and the central midfielders were always struggling to make any worthwhile impact - apart from one or two of Danny's tackles - one of which sorted Nils' winger in traditional style - by sending him limping back to the dressing room.

Altogether no-one came out of the game with great credit, Henderson's late saves being the only notable Leicester contribution apart from Hammond's dribble and pass for Fryatt's gilf-edged chance 15 minutes from time.

Kelly was his usual predictable self with his team selection and tactics - starting the match with our familiar shortcomings - but to give him credit he did add a striker as first change and then an attacking full-back as second change in a genuine effort to salvage something.

It didn't change anything. Southampton looked a better team all round. But it did allow us to create something in the attacking half and to string together one or two moves which were a bit more promising than anything we mustered first half.

I don't actually think anyone looked good. Hammond for Motm just for his sheer persistence.

Hendo's kicking and handling was shocking, granted he made two good saves, but that was it.

Porter looked very lightweight today Imo, got knocked off the ball easily.

A truly awful performance.

I know this is no excuse, but I think it pretty rough of whoever decides the fixture list to have an away day at Hull, followed by an away day at Southampton only 4 days later, during the busiest time of the year. As I'm not a footballer, I don't know if it makes a difference, or maybe I'm just clutching at straws in bewilderment trying to find a reason as to why the players were so poor today.

I don't actually think anyone looked good. Hammond for Motm just for his sheer persistence.

Hendo's kicking and handling was shocking, granted he made two good saves, but that was it.

Porter looked very lightweight today Imo, got knocked off the ball easily.

A truly awful performance.

Does this mean Conrad Logan is going to reclaim his place ? Hopefully.

Porter will always struggle to have strength on the ball sadly, but he is one of the players that will create something for us.

I know this is no excuse, but I think it pretty rough of whoever decides the fixture list to have an away day at Hull, followed by an away day at Southampton only 4 days later, during the busiest time of the year. As I'm not a footballer, I don't know if it makes a difference, or maybe I'm just clutching at straws in bewilderment trying to find a reason as to why the players were so poor today.

It is unlucky but that is how it works unfortunately. I don't think that can be an excuse for todays performance. As people have said it was not impressive. 2 shots in 90 minutes is not good. But Southampton are a good side challenging for promotion so this performance can be put right vs Sunderland.

Got back from the game and I have to say it was one of the poorest performances I've ever seen from Leicester. Bearing in mind what we put up with I can handle a crap performance or two on ONE condition and that is that the team battle and show passion (or at least that they care). Today we were second best to every ball, lost 50/50's all over the pitch, gave the ball away needlessly, showed a lack of inspiration but worst of all there was so little commitment!

It was summed up when a few of the players came over to applaud the fans and got booed by a few people around me (as well as a few shouts). The general feeling was that after today's performance they shouldn't come over and expect us to applaud them back!

It was a long way (not as long as from Leicester), crap weather and way below anything I expect from a city side. I'm questioning this whole 'club spirit' thing and all that crap people talk about.

For what it's worth I thought most of our fans (except the top right corner and isolated others) were very quiet from the start and never got behind the team. As the game wore on the players gave us less and less to cheer about.

*Rant over - for now*

It is unlucky but that is how it works unfortunately. I don't think that can be an excuse for todays performance. As people have said it was not impressive. 2 shots in 90 minutes is not good. But Southampton are a good side challenging for promotion so this performance can be put right vs Sunderland.

Yes and if we lose on Monday the excuse will be the players are tired!..well I've travelled the same distance,been to work and pushed through the traffic and crowds at fosse park then taken my gran back to south wales and I'm a lot older and less fit than a pro footballer!!

Got back from the game and I have to say it was one of the poorest performances I've ever seen from Leicester. Bearing in mind what we put up with I can handle a crap performance or two on ONE condition and that is that the team battle and show passion (or at least that they care). Today we were second best to every ball, lost 50/50's all over the pitch, gave the ball away needlessly, showed a lack of inspiration but worst of all there was so little commitment!

It was summed up when a few of the players came over to applaud the fans and got booed by a few people around me (as well as a few shouts). The general feeling was that after today's performance they shouldn't come over and expect us to applaud them back!

It was a long way (not as long as from Leicester), crap weather and way below anything I expect from a city side. I'm questioning this whole 'club spirit' thing and all that crap people talk about.

For what it's worth I thought most of our fans (except the top right corner and isolated others) were very quiet from the start and never got behind the team. As the game wore on the players gave us less and less to cheer about.

*Rant over - for now*

From what I have heard from people at the game today is that there seems to be a lack of motivation. Monday we will need to be battiling for every ball against Roy Keane's side that is sure to battle as he did as a player.Let's put it right on Monday City!!

Yes and if we lose on Monday the excuse will be the players are tired!..well I've travelled the same distance,been to work and pushed through the traffic and crowds at fosse park then taken my gran back to south wales and I'm a lot older and less fit than a pro footballer!!

I wasn't having a pop at you at all. I hope you don't think that. I respect the fact you have travelled alot. Footballers get paid alot of money to play football. They should not complain about being tired.

Does this mean Conrad Logan is going to reclaim his place ? Hopefully.

Porter will always struggle to have strength on the ball sadly, but he is one of the players that will create something for us.

Not if he's dragged so far back he ends up nearer the media box than the opposition goal...and not just once or twice but for most of the first half.

Not if he's dragged so far back he ends up nearer the media box than the opposition goal...and not just once or twice but for most of the first half.

I wasn't at the game today so I can't add to that but being so small it will be tough for him. But like I said he is a good attacking player for us.

Today was terrible. :(

The only players I think worth a mention are Kisnorbo and McAuley, Nisse was shocking along with Maybury who lost the ball everytime he got it just about.

Kisnorbo?!

Couldn't even clear the ball properly!

At least he cleared it which is more than the rest did. I'm not saying he played that well just one of the few who weren't terrible.

Didnt watch or listen to the game although 2-0 suggests we were beaten comfortably.

Lets forget about it and concentrate on the games we should be winning like the Sunderland game on Monday.

You believe there are games we shouldn't be winning then? How strange!

Can you name a few more perhaps we could let the teams know in advance so they can send out the tea ladies instead and rest their key players.

At least he cleared it which is more than the rest did. I'm not saying he played that well just one of the few who weren't terrible.

Today was one of the first games that nobody really played well at all.

McAuley played decent but he really was the only one for me. Everybody else was truly shocking for me.

Why, Sunderland are a much better team than us too.

Not really. If we beat them on Monday (and their away form is even worse than ours :o ) we'll only be two points behind them.

It sounds like after the false dawn of the Hull game, Gareth Williams was back to his usual self... :angry:

Or was it because, unlike on Tuesday, we were playing a quality side and therefore he had to try a little harder?

Just got back from the pub after getting back from the game...trying to drown my sorrows.

What a piss poor performance that was. We are just too light weight. I saw Hughes getting shoved off the ball like he was some sort of Sunday League player. The same goes for Hammond. Continually light weight. We are very easy to beat with the current attitude in the squad. I paid £26, as did alot of other supporters and drove a 340 mile round trip and I didn't see a single shot on goal. 96 piss poor minutes and NOT A SHOT ON GOAL. Hang your heads in shame the players who pulled on a blue shirt today!! :angry:

Didnt watch or listen to the game although 2-0 suggests we were beaten comfortably.

Lets forget about it and concentrate on the games we should be winning like the Sunderland game on Monday.

Sorry Roy, but if you didn't see or hear the game....why have you posted a view!!!!!?????

Archived