Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Southampton Reactions

Seriously, have we not parted company with this loser yet?

How is he still in charge?

Has Mandaric taken over?

No TPH we went on a four game unbeaten run against a woefully inepy Wolves, Barnsley, Cardiff and Hull and suddenly all the doubters 'have egg on their faces'.

I have even tried a bit optimism and got behind the guy but the performances have been shite and then yesterday!!!!!!! He brings in Cademarteri who is gagging to play and leaves him to get wet in the stands yet sticks with the prolifically offside Elvis Hammond.

No TPH we went on a four game unbeaten run against a woefully inepy Wolves, Barnsley, Cardiff and Hull and suddenly all the doubters 'have egg on their faces'.

I have even tried a bit optimism and got behind the guy but the performances have been shite and then yesterday!!!!!!! He brings in Cademarteri who is gagging to play and leaves him to get wet in the stands yet sticks with the prolifically offside Elvis Hammond.

Ummmmmmmmmm. Not sure about all those offsides. That particular linesman should have worked on the railways cos it seemed like all he'd ever wanted to do all his life was wave a bloody flag.

Up/down, up/down, up/down it went like an old semaphore signal on a main line.

It wasn't just Hammond either - anyone who came into his line of sight got the treatment and a lot of em looked iffy to me.

Funny how it's still Hammond gets the hammer.

Fryatt did sod all but miss a sitter (presented to him by Hammond) but he gets calls for a recall.

Oh yes he had also had two chances to make telling passes. On one occasion he just needed to tap a five yarder through to the unmarked Porter and what did he do - hit the sodding defender.

I'm not against Fryatt when he's fit, well and doing a job for the team. But I've seen none of it so far this season.

Yes there's a part of me that would also like to see him play. But there's no evidence to back the feeling up and at the moment I'd start with Dodds and Hammond or Hume anytime.

As for Cadamarteri, it wouldn't have hurt to give him 15 minutes yesterday instead of pissing about with McAuley as an excuse to involve McCarthy.

That's not a criticism - Kelly's changes were defensible.

But we never looked likely to save the game so Kelly would have seen some evidence of how Danny C might really perform and there would have been sod-all to lose in doing so.

In fact by that time Kelly could have brought on Father Christmas and no-one would have given a toss. Especially as we'd been handing out presents all afternoon.

Err that was my one and only point, so we do agree :thumbup::P

Well done kid, you've re-opened the debate.

I said something like we shouldnt be beating teams like Southampton. That is my opinion, not the opinion of the players (although I'd wager they probably have the same attitude).

Then you said something about YOUR belief (If you believe the players share your belief you are naive).

So we DONT agree in eachothers belief. The post I made prior to this one wasnt about your belief at all so how come you think it was your one and only point so I was agreeing with you all along?

He's still entitled to an opinion, that is the 'whole point' of forums like this. How he forms that opinion is not relevant as long as there is no pretence and in this case there wasn't.

Yes quite right..sorry! I was only trying to make the point that opinions should be generated by your own thought patterns and not by the views of others.

Our best excuse is simply that - we were shit. They played much better than us. No shots on target suggests we didn't deserve anything out of the game. Southampton are a good team anyway, even if we were having a good season it's always going to be tough for us to win down there. I think most people expected us to get something out of the game because we played well and won in our previous match. (Against the 3rd poorest team in the league. )

Oh, the pitch and weather was the same for both teams.

Well done kid, you've re-opened the debate.

I said something like we shouldnt be beating teams like Southampton. That is my opinion, not the opinion of the players (although I'd wager they probably have the same attitude).

Then you said something about YOUR belief (If you believe the players share your belief you are naive).

So we DONT agree in eachothers belief. The post I made prior to this one wasnt about your belief at all so how come you think it was your one and only point so I was agreeing with you all along?

Because I never was on about my beliefs, I was on about the manager/player's beliefs, they don't seem to believe they can win certain games, you find that acceptable I certainly don't. It matters not one iota what I believe in terms of can we win or not, we need a management team and players that believes that every game is winnable and if they don't think like that then they shouldn't be at LCFC. Otherwise just what is the point in turning up?

PS thanks for the 'Kid' title :thumbup:

Because I never was on about my beliefs, I was on about the manager/player's beliefs, they don't seem to believe they can win certain games, you find that acceptable I certainly don't. It matters not one iota what I believe in terms of can we win or not, we need a management team and players that believes that every game is winnable and if they don't think like that then they shouldn't be at LCFC. Otherwise just what is the point in turning up?

PS thanks for the 'Kid' title :thumbup:

I dont find the managers and players beliefs acceptable. All this stems from my opinion that this season at least, I dont care if we dont turn up against the half decent teams. As long as we beat enough suckers to stay in this division.

You were the one who said my opinion was strange and then went on to ridicule it.

Just apologise for poo pooing my opinion and we can all go out and get drunk.

I dont find the managers and players beliefs acceptable. All this stems from my opinion that this season at least, I dont care if we dont turn up against the half decent teams. As long as we beat enough suckers to stay in this division.

You were the one who said my opinion was strange and then went on to ridicule it.

Just apologise for poo pooing my opinion and we can all go out and get drunk.

Well if me saying your opinion was strange, although I don't recall ridiculing it has upset you sufficently to maintain this debate, as much as I've enjoyed it then I unreservedly opologise, but still reserve the right to view your opinion as strange and stay in and get drunk. :P

IF kelly goes soon i think that dowie will be coming in as i think he was milans first choice for manager but imho i dont want kelly to go beacsue i think that he has done well although we can still dramaticly improve

Dowie !!!!! now theres a paradox didnt he do to Charlton what Taylor did for city...I'd have RK any day over that donkey

Dowie !!!!! now theres a paradox didnt he do to Charlton what Taylor did for city...I'd have RK any day over that donkey

And there, of course, you have the dilemma. No point sacking Kelly if there's no sensible replacement.

And by that I don't mean another unimaginative, low-profile non personality.

We want someone here to lift the whole profile of our club. To impart some aims, to give our team some character and to push the club higher with the very force of his charisma and personality.

Kelly is a perfectly acceptable caretaker in the literal sense of the word because that what he does. He takes care, takes his responsibilities seriously.

But a Bill Shankly he never will be. Nor a Martin O'Neill.

Could he ever be special as the first Robert Kelly?.

We're back to the word vision. Where is it? What about some of the bizarre happenings and peculiar selections?

I don't know for sure if he can ever be really special but I've seen no evidence in 12 months.

But then who would you really bet might be?

Ian Dowie? Nothing suggests so to me.

Well if me saying your opinion was strange, although I don't recall ridiculing it has upset you sufficently to maintain this debate, as much as I've enjoyed it then I unreservedly opologise, but still reserve the right to view your opinion as strange and stay in and get drunk. :P

You ridiculed it by suggesting we work out which teams we shouldnt be beating and let them know in advance so they can rest their players and play their tea ladies.

Have a prosperous new year ;)

You ridiculed it by suggesting we work out which teams we shouldnt be beating and let them know in advance so they can rest their players and play their tea ladies.

Have a prosperous new year ;)

I did didn't I :thumbup:lol

Happy New Year to you and yours, here's to that win against a crap team like Sunderland :P

Archived