Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Southampton Reactions

Didnt watch or listen to the game although 2-0 suggests we were beaten comfortably.

Lets forget about it and concentrate on the games we should be winning like the Sunderland game on Monday.

No offence but if you didn't watch or listen then you can't imagine how bad we were today. 2-0 was flattering, it could/should have been more.

Kelly to stay!

We were 4 unbeaten before today, it's only because of a poor run prior to that that supporters are angry.

I think you'll find the more intelligent football watcher were predicting this kind of bollocks since last season, even when he was on Champions League form!!!

Just got back from the pub after getting back from the game...trying to drown my sorrows.

What a piss poor performance that was. We are just too light weight. I saw Hughes getting shoved off the ball like he was some sort of Sunday League player. The same goes for Hammond. Continually light weight. We are very easy to beat with the current attitude in the squad. I paid £26, as did alot of other supporters and drove a 340 mile round trip and I didn't see a single shot on goal. 96 piss poor minutes and NOT A SHOT ON GOAL. Hang your heads in shame the players who pulled on a blue shirt today!! :angry:

Couldn't have worded it better myself. Nail on head :smile:

I think you'll find the more intelligent football watcher were predicting this kind of bollocks since last season, even when he was on Champions League form!!!

Not this morning you weren't, when it was a four something victory I seem to recall :P

I'm not happy about today. It's not the end of the world but i expected them to actually want to keep the unbeaten run going. They didn't look like they were bothered today, and with an attitude like that all we are ever going to be is a mid table championship side. Which is not good enough, we a premiership team with a premiership stadium and permiership everything. The players just arn't giving the 100% needed. We can beat any team in this league on any given day. But for some reason we just can't. Hull was a lucky escape. Today's game was a repeat of the first half there. If this MM deal doesn't go through all we are ever going to be is what we are now. Having said that, lets keep the faith and hope that they can start giving a bit more through the rest of the season.

This can be locked if need be but i just wanted people to see it!!

Rant Over. :)

You believe there are games we shouldn't be winning then? How strange!

Can you name a few more perhaps we could let the teams know in advance so they can send out the tea ladies instead and rest their key players.

Ask yourself what we are aiming for this season. Is it promotion? NO

We will do well to keep our heads above water for another campaign. However, we DO have a cushion over the relegation dog fight so is it crucial to beat Southampton away? The same Southampton who WILL be aiming for promotion or the play-offs at least?

OK Davie, its fun to want to win every game but keep it real. Which Leicester have you been watching this season???

No offence but if you didn't watch or listen then you can't imagine how bad we were today. 2-0 was flattering, it could/should have been more.

I got the gist of what a poor performance we put in today by browsing through a few posts by other members.

Didnt I mention we were comfortably beaten, how is that making out we werent poor?

I got the gist of what a poor performance we put in today by browsing through a few posts by other members.

Didnt I mention we were comfortably beaten, how is that making out we werent poor?

It was probably the most uninspired performance I have seen 10 years..and I'm not joking...not trying to start a row...I've been home over 4 hours now and have been racking my brains...sure there has been worse...but not for a long long time....f**k the rain...this was total bollox and RK is to blame!

Ask yourself what we are aiming for this season. Is it promotion? NO

We will do well to keep our heads above water for another campaign. However, we DO have a cushion over the relegation dog fight so is it crucial to beat Southampton away? The same Southampton who WILL be aiming for promotion or the play-offs at least?

OK Davie, its fun to want to win every game but keep it real. Which Leicester have you been watching this season???

I think your missing the point Roy, it's about belief, no matter how shit you are and yes we are shit you have to believe you can win each and every game otherwise what's the point.

Do you think Warnock and Sheff U went out yesterday without the belief they could be the Arsenal - no I thought not. Why should we therefore believe there are teams out there we can't beat, I don't give a flying f**k what postition they are in the league and for you to dismiss it so lightly with "Lets forget about it and concentrate on the games we should be winning" after fans have spent considerably cash and time on it is insulting and defeatist.

We should have the attitude and belief that we can beat anyone otherwise let's just roll over and let everyone tickle our tummies oh sorry that's what we did yesterday.

He's entitled to view just like anyone else, after all it was hardly a unique LCFC performance was it?

PS I didn't go either and I disagree with Roy's view but not his or my freedom to express it

He's entitled to view just like anyone else, after all it was hardly a unique LCFC performance was it?

PS I didn't go either and I disagree with Roy's view but not his or my freedom to express it

I don't think I suggested that he isn't entitled to a view but I stand by the fact that if he didn't watch it or listen to the game then he can't imagine how bad it was. It's not about the fact that we lost 2-0, in other circumstances that might not be so bad, but we were so dreadful, lacked passion and fight. Maybe some people can check the score and say 'oh well, it's only 2-0 to a top side' but after yesterday I can't. The issue is how can be so poor and have no passion at all...You can't get that from a few match reports and checking the score on a Saturday evening.

I don't think I suggested that he isn't entitled to a view but I stand by the fact that if he didn't watch it or listen to the game then he can't imagine how bad it was. It's not about the fact that we lost 2-0, in other circumstances that might not be so bad, but we were so dreadful, lacked passion and fight. Maybe some people can check the score and say 'oh well, it's only 2-0 to a top side' but after yesterday I can't. The issue is how can be so poor and have no passion at all...You can't get that from a few match reports and checking the score on a Saturday evening.

I didn't go and I've got the message loud and clear, hence my comments.

[/b]I didn't go and I've got the message loud and clear, hence my comments.

I hope everyone gets the message including our manager and his team..we are all loyal and passionate supporters or we would'nt have been there yesterday...we don't get paid to go!!!

However there is a limit to the patience of the most optimistic and committed of us and that limit was pushed pretty close at St Mary's...It better be 200% better tomorrow or my season ticket is going for a swim in the canal :banghead:

Kelly in/out??? Who cares, we haven't got a squad that can challenge for promotion and at Southampton we witnessed the worst spineless display from Foxes ever! I say to Saints fan (who looked edgey at the back though they had no reasons to worry from our strikers) "bet you wish you could play us every week?" to which he replied "no Palace were even worse than you lot last week!". You have to be a consistently good team to get out of the Championship and we are not that!

Kelly in/out??? Who cares, we haven't got a squad that can challenge for promotion and at Southampton we witnessed the worst spineless display from Foxes ever! I say to Saints fan (who looked edgey at the back though they had no reasons to worry from our strikers) "bet you wish you could play us every week?" to which he replied "no Palace were even worse than you lot last week!". You have to be a consistently good team to get out of the Championship and we are not that!

As in:

Consistent

Good

Team

and you can add

Belief

Endeavour

Intelligence (just a modicum will do)

Balance

Guidence

It's not as if you need an abundance of skill either.

I'm going to blame it on the weather :D

Do do do blame it on the weatherman. I'm going to go with one of those "in hindsight, away to Southampton not the easiest game" stances. Especially after our recent run - but it is a shame that the performance sounded as sub par as it did.

I think your missing the point Roy, it's about belief, no matter how shit you are and yes we are shit you have to believe you can win each and every game otherwise what's the point.

Do you think Warnock and Sheff U went out yesterday without the belief they could be the Arsenal - no I thought not. Why should we therefore believe there are teams out there we can't beat, I don't give a flying f**k what postition they are in the league and for you to dismiss it so lightly with "Lets forget about it and concentrate on the games we should be winning" after fans have spent considerably cash and time on it is insulting and defeatist.

We should have the attitude and belief that we can beat anyone otherwise let's just roll over and let everyone tickle our tummies oh sorry that's what we did yesterday.

Belief is fine if you are a fan. Even better if you are a player. I believe that our players dont share your belief.

So I spare myself the frustration and disappointment by adopting a realistic attitude.

Lets just agree to disagree.

Belief is fine if you are a fan. Even better if you are a player. I believe that our players dont share your belief.

So I spare myself the frustration and disappointment by adopting a realistic attitude.

Lets just agree to disagree.

Err that was my one and only point, so we do agree :thumbup::P

I'm sorry to bring this thread up again but having seen this post of yours it puts the whole point of forums into question. You are now saying that the bases for your oppinions are the quotes and oppinions of others. You really need to have your own thoughts. Read the reports...see the highlights...listen to the match on the radio or via teh internet...go to the game....and be origonal and truthful in your forum posts.

I'm sorry to bring this thread up again but having seen this post of yours it puts the whole point of forums into question. You are now saying that the bases for your oppinions are the quotes and oppinions of others. You really need to have your own thoughts. Read the reports...see the highlights...listen to the match on the radio or via teh internet...go to the game....and be origonal and truthful in your forum posts.

He's still entitled to an opinion, that is the 'whole point' of forums like this. How he forms that opinion is not relevant as long as there is no pretence and in this case there wasn't.

Archived