Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Maybes

New Years Day Football

So, after a drunken new year celebration, one has to drag themselves to the football. Not a very good idea is it? I will expect many people will be worse for wear tomorrow :cool:

Maybe the idea was to help cut the drinkers out in town etc. but i doubt it will work at all. Could be a low attendance if most people either fall asleep while driving to the game or fall foul of the hangover.

Could be quite amusing though if some drunken person in the sunderland crowd decides to celebrate our three goals (because we'll win 3-0) and get beaten up by the rest of their fans. ... :D

Maybe the idea was to help cut the drinkers out in town etc. but i doubt it will work at all. Could be a low attendance if most people either fall asleep while driving to the game or fall foul of the hangover.

Could be quite amusing though if some drunken person in the sunderland crowd decides to celebrate our three goals (because we'll win 3-0) and get beaten up by the rest of their fans. ... :D

Hats off to the sunderland fans that will make the treck down on news years day....thats commitment. :thumbup:

Hats off to the sunderland fans that will make the treck down on news years day....thats commitment. :thumbup:

true, they'll get about 5 minutes sleep before heading to our ground.

On New Year's day it should only be derby's.

E.g.

West Brom v Birmingham

Stoke v Wolves

Leicester v Derby

Ipswich v Norwich

Plymouth v Southampton etc otherwise the distance is just two long

E.g.

West Brom v Birmingham

Stoke v Wolves

Leicester v Derby

Ipswich v Norwich

yeah all police leave cancelled.

So, after a drunken new year celebration, one has to drag themselves to the football. Not a very good idea is it? I will expect many people will be worse for wear tomorrow :cool:

As a non-drinker, I shall make more noise than normal to compensate!! lol

E.g.

West Brom v Birmingham

Stoke v Wolves

Leicester v Derby

Ipswich v Norwich

Alot more drunken fights ! :P

I love this time of the year in terms of football.

A tight schedule where all the teams are challenged to put all their efforts into each game, a real good fitness test.

And even the smaller clubs have a better chance of biting one of the bigger one's legs and getting a surprise win out of it. Just like the Blades did with ARSEnal.

I love this time of the year in terms of football.

A tight schedule where all the teams are challenged to put all their efforts into each game, a real good fitness test.

And even the smaller clubs have a better chance of biting one of the bigger one's legs and getting a surprise win out of it. Just like the Blades did with ARSEnal.

That would have happened anyway, Arsenal are crap. :P

Besides, Arsenal just can't handle that type of footballing condition - rough ugly football pitches playing against rough ugly footballers. :smile:

Back on topic... at least you have until the afternoon to sort yourself out before the game. What would the attendance be like if it was a lunchtime game... lol

E.g.

West Brom v Birmingham

Stoke v Wolves

Leicester v Derby

Ipswich v Norwich

plymouth southampton is a fair journey good 3 hours! lol

expect low attendance tomorrow

1) no buses

2) not many trains due to strikes

3) tiggers playing KO at 14:45 so it will be packed in car parks

4) hung over people

5) xmas period people cant afford it

does anyone know if sunderland are bringing 3,000 odd fans? they usually bring good support.

1) no buses

4) hung over people

does anyone know if sunderland are bringing 3,000 odd fans? they usually bring good support.

I'm not sure how many they are bringing but your right they usually bring alot from what I can remember. As some people said earlier it will take alot of loyal support to bring 3,000 on New Years Day with it being a long trip and all.

The sunderland fans could jsut turn it into a big party, new year celebrations til 7am, then wander to their stadium of light, onto the bus, have a little nap, hit the pubs in leicester.

Then we would spoil the party by handng out a 3-0 pasting :ph34r:

1) no buses

4) hung over people

The damn egg chasers ruin everything. Arrrrgggghhh means i have to leave like 30-40mins earlier just to get a space.

The damn egg chasers ruin everything. Arrrrgggghhh means i have to leave like 30-40mins earlier just to get a space.

it annoys me cos last season they tried to avoid like the plague and even moved our game at home to cov because they were on, this season now we will be playing the same time as them 3 times already!!!

the traffic is mad after the game and the chippy is even more packed then usual.

where do u park maybes?

it annoys me cos last season they tried to avoid like the plague and even moved our game at home to cov because they were on, this season now we will be playing the same time as them 3 times already!!!

the traffic is mad after the game and the chippy is even more packed then usual.

where do u park maybes?

Freemans common on the grass by the dry dock pub.

1) no buses

4) hung over people

Well, here's one less now I've read your post!

Just checked up - no trains from Brum and no buses to get to New Street...so, without a car for tomorrow I'm sitting at home nursing a hangover and an unused ST voucher. Grr :@

Well, here's one less now I've read your post!

Just checked up - no trains from Brum and no buses to get to New Street...so, without a car for tomorrow I'm sitting at home nursing a hangover and an unused ST voucher. Grr :@

Bernie wouldn't be put off by a trifling walk like that. Set off now, and you'll have worked up a decent thirst.

E.g.

West Brom v Birmingham

Stoke v Wolves

Leicester v Derby

Ipswich v Norwich

Hang on,this is one of today's fixtures :rolleyes:

Archived