Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Drop Hume for Sunderland?

Tired?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Off form?

• Yes
    • No

Again, I'm going to repeat that the thought of Hammond and Fryatt together scares the shit out of me. I wouldn't mind seeing Dodds and Hammond, Dodds and Fryatt OR Dodds and Hume to be honest - but I just don't see any realism in that.

I don't think it's even worth debating because we know as almost fact it isn't going to happen. Hammond's not even a good League One player, tbh, and Chris O'Grady's a useless donkey. I'd play Hume and Fryatt into form, tbh.

Again, I'm going to repeat that the thought of Hammond and Fryatt together scares the shit out of me. I wouldn't mind seeing Dodds and Hammond, Dodds and Fryatt OR Dodds and Hume to be honest - but I just don't see any realism in that.

I don't think it's even worth debating because we know as almost fact it isn't going to happen. Hammond's not even a good League One player, tbh, and Chris O'Grady's a useless donkey. I'd play Hume and Fryatt into form, tbh.

Fair point. I was thinking more as a rest than anything else. Normally after a defeat you still get the 6s and 7s coming out in the match ratings for Hume and a bit about how he was still giving it everything. Didn't read that from anyone last night. Might be time to give him a rest.

No, play him.

But NOT as a straight striker, but as an attacking midfielder. That's where he's most comfortable (even in his time with Tranmere). Since Kelly's moved him up front, his stats have hit rock-bottom.

Start playing 4-3-3, Rob. You know you can do it.

It's a problem. Logic makes it hard to drop the one player who's scored any goals for us.

But finding the right answer is compounded by the need to supply the right passes and support to whoever plays up front.

Right now it's obvious no-one will score lots of goals because supply and support simply doesn't exist.

If you were selecting our strikers clinically you'd pick Hume because he has done the job better than anyone else and Dodds (assuming he's fit) because there is no evidence he has lost his confidence.

He's also a natural finisher who can win a few headers and who is perfectly able to deliver a pass to his colleagues which Fryatt seems to find impossible.

After that it depends on the system but to me King, Williams and Porter have to play to provide the passes for our strikers.

Well Williams and Porter were both on the pitch yesterday, and didn't create very much. Perhaps they need Weso alongside them to be truly effective...

Hume is out of touch at the moment and needs a rest. Whether Fryatt, Cadamarteri or Dodds is selected to replace him is immaterial.

But it's a decision the manager has to take, otherwise the accusations of "chosen men" will again be revived, and rightly so.

Well Williams and Porter were both on the pitch yesterday, and didn't create very much. Perhaps they need Weso alongside them to be truly effective...

Hume is out of touch at the moment and needs a rest. Whether Fryatt, Cadamarteri or Dodds is selected to replace him is immaterial.

But it's a decision the manager has to take, otherwise the accusations of "chosen men" will again be revived, and rightly so.

I think you'll find Chosen Men can only be players Thracian doesn't like. :whistle:

As for Williams not doing much yesterday, that's what he's like. I know you already realise this but some of our mob seem to think when he's on the pitch we're automatically in attack mode all game. It was raining, we were playing a good competitive team away from home and he didn't fancy it yet again - just like the second half at Wolves a few weeks ago and countless times previously and for the remainder of this season before he f**ks off back to Forest.

Yes , Hume again yesterday worked his socks off but he does need a rest.

Fryatt and Hammond to start tomorrow me reckons , put Cadimateri on the bench alongside Hume and give him 20/30 mins towards end of the game.

He says he wants to repay the faith we've shown in him and he cant do that on the bench :whistle:

I agree with Muz.

Hume worked his ass off again yesterday with little return. Fryatt imo looked better than both strikers when he came on yesterday. I was against dropping Hume, but leaving him on the bench wouldn't be so bad if he reproduces his earlier season form.

I agree with Muz.

Hume worked his ass off again yesterday with little return. Fryatt imo looked better than both strikers when he came on yesterday. I was against dropping Hume, but leaving him on the bench wouldn't be so bad if he reproduces his earlier season form.

Fryatt was our best striker at Hull aswell when he came on. Looks asif he's got abit of fitness back and wants to regain last seasons form.

Agree with what has being said there. Hopefully Weso will get the chance to play in the midfield with Williams and Porter.Then create chances for the strikers.

I agree Hume needs a rest so that he can comeback in the New Year and get scoring again.

Danny Cadamarteri is the way forward! :D

Hume's under a lot of pressure after going so long without a goal. I think he needs a little bench-time. It did him wonders earlier in the season. :ph34r:

Replace him with Fryatt or Danny... not O'Grady though. :ph34r:

I agree he needs a rest but this means we lose another battler for however many games he is rested for. This would give Danny C the chance to show us what he is made off I suppose !

I agree he needs a rest but this means we lose another battler for however many games he is rested for. This would give Danny C the chance to show us what he is made off I suppose !

I suspect he's made of pineapple. :P

Either we rest Hume or we make him more of a focal point. Get the midfield to play him in rather than make him drop deep the pick the ball up all the time. It's good to have an all-action striker who's willing to drop deep to pick the ball up - but it's getting him nowhere at the minute. Tons of effort, no reward at all.

Change the way he receives the ball or rest him completely.

"He needs a rest to sharpen himself up" in the words of john sinclair yesterday. and i have to agree with him here, He is overworked in matches with the lack of midfield we have him and hammond are constantly running back to defend, he needs a rest, give fryatt a go! fryatt needs to play regurlarly to get back to his top form and we can kinda afford to give him a chance atm, 11 points clear of relegation zone, weve got no chance of moving much further up! go for it!

either that or 4-5-1 with porter in an attacking midfield spot and williams in a defensive midfield position putting tiatto and hughes out on the wings.

I think you'll find Chosen Men can only be players Thracian doesn't like. :whistle:

As for Williams not doing much yesterday, that's what he's like. I know you already realise this but some of our mob seem to think when he's on the pitch we're automatically in attack mode all game. It was raining, we were playing a good competitive team away from home and he didn't fancy it yet again - just like the second half at Wolves a few weeks ago and countless times previously and for the remainder of this season before he f**ks off back to Forest.

Chosen Men = not so much people I "don't like" or who can's ever play well but seasoned professionals who, when fit, seem to get picked for the team or squad no matter how well or how badly they play. Or seasoned players who seem to get far more chances than they logically deserve.

I suspect he's made of pineapple. :P

Either we rest Hume or we make him more of a focal point. Get the midfield to play him in rather than make him drop deep the pick the ball up all the time. It's good to have an all-action striker who's willing to drop deep to pick the ball up - but it's getting him nowhere at the minute. Tons of effort, no reward at all.

Change the way he receives the ball or rest him completely.

Agreed.

Got to be abit risky to play Danny C on the wing with all them white lines :ph34r:

With Hume playing with Hammond recently this makes Hume drop deeper because Hammond is not going to be linking up play because he simply is not capable, however he is better for holding up the ball (at times).

Yeah, give fryatt a go as he is a different option. Maybe its time for O'Grady to have a second chance to try and prove himself?

Maybe, but everytime COG gets near to the first team he seems to be falling out with Kelly.

Agreed.

Got to be abit risky to play Danny C on the wing with all them white lines :ph34r:

With Hume playing with Hammond recently this makes Hume drop deeper because Hammond is not going to be linking up play because he simply is not capable, however he is better for holding up the ball (at times).

Perhaps we should try to sign Fowler for a bit of company. :D:D:D

Seriously I expect the bloke to play a role on Monday and I hope he's everything Kelly obviously sees in him.

But the idea of Danny C getting into the team ahead of King and Dodds is an insult (which no-one will give a damn about if he does the business).

Perhaps we should try to sign Fowler for a bit of company. :D:D:D

Seriously I expect the bloke to play a role on Monday and I hope he's everything Kelly obviously sees in him.

But the idea of Danny C getting into the team ahead of King and Dodds is an insult (which no-one will give a damn about if he does the business).

i will bugs me that we have bought in another titch like that! that is past his potential and was never good in the first place!! when we have some quality strikers in the ranks that could be bought into the first team! its stupid!

Archived