Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Huge in 2007

Ghosts

Seeing them in the smaller venue within the Oxford Zodiac as a support act next month. Going to be huge by the end of the year. Already starting to get a mention or two in the national press as the next big thing.

Musical Chairs and The World Is Outside are tunes. My only worry is that they might turn out to be another Keane or The Feeling. :mellow: Could go either way in terms of whether I will end up liking them but they will be huge whatever.

Oh yeah and The View, obbbbbviously.

I think this could be the year Art Brut finally command a vice-like grip on the nation's charts with a series of million sellers.

In other news, I like Just Jack and heard a rather groovy remix of "...Stars..." today. I'd like to hear some more from 'im as 'e were reet good on Jools last month.

And another thing.... I've been rummaging through iTunes tonight and found a song called "We're From Barcelona". Seriously, why has no-one told me about this before. It's great.

I like Music Forum. People like Alex, Fuzzler and Stezario tell me about things like Jim Noir and Hop Chip, and then I listen to them and like them!

Fin.

I predict Hot Chip's 'rise' to continue and hopefully increased mainstream recognition. Similarly with The Gossip.

Otherwise The View are a fairly obvious choice.

As for new new new, I'd go for 'The Hours'. Basically because Jarvis Cocker likes them.. have only heard a couple of samples of what they've been working on but they sound quite cool. I like Black Grape, Elastica etc and that's where they've been before. Could be big... not sure. I'll like them though :P

Luna Halo (on American Recordings - Johnny Cash, Slayer etc)

Shiny Toy Guns

The Hush Sound

Switchfoot

Mutemath

And if there was any justice in the world:

Clayhill

Sufjan Stevens

Myspace the lot

Some good names being mentioned around here! I heard the song Musical Chairs by Ghost as it was the free download on itunes last week and I was very, very impressed!

Also been listening to a bit of Mika and liked that, and Switchfoot are a quality band. Anyone who's heard the song Dare You To Move by them should know how awesome they are. Not quite sure how big they will make it over here as they are predominantly a band big in the US. And Sufjan Stevens sounds pretty damn good too. Could be a good year.....

• 1 month later...

Ghosts

Seeing them in the smaller venue within the Oxford Zodiac as a support act next month. Going to be huge by the end of the year. Already starting to get a mention or two in the national press as the next big thing.

Musical Chairs and The World Is Outside are tunes. My only worry is that they might turn out to be another Keane or The Feeling. :mellow: Could go either way in terms of whether I will end up liking them but they will be huge whatever.

Oh yeah and The View, obbbbbviously.

Just been listening to a bit more of Ghosts and it sounds like a top pick there! Any idea when their album is out cos I've been searching around and cannae find anything, would quite like to get a copy and see how good they really are!

Archived