Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Joey wants to leave AZ

lol Pablo

The difference is Fryatt cost us money.

We have to see the real Fryatt before making hasty decisions or dropping him for one of the kids. Fryatt is young enough himself but at least the bloke has played in front of half decent crowds in the lower leagues and has gained experience.

I am also weary of throwing too many youngsters in as a panic measure. Lets nuture Dodds and get the best out of him instead of a knee-jerk reaction of slinging him in when our strikers fail to score in a few games. Finally on this one, is he getting the quality service (Fryatt) in the first place???

Knee-jerk? Fryatt didn't score at the start of the season and he's not scoring now!

And how do you get the best out of anyone of 20 by not giving them games and even recalling them from loan so you can not give them some more games?.

The crowd argument is another grasp at straws that has nothing to do with any facts I know of.

Dodds has been around Leicester city for years. There is no reason whatsoever to believe he'd be phased by the crowd.

As for the service, no, Fryatt (two goals) is not getting any better service than Hume (8 goals). But he is missing perfectly good chances from some simple chances he has been given. Ones of the sort I've seen Dodds tuck away like he was quietly picking apples from a tree.

You summed it up in your first line. Fryatt cost money.

And you've perfectly demonstrated another reason against buying expensive players - especially ordinary ones - instead of developing your own.

Knee-jerk? Fryatt didn't score at the start of the season and he's not scoring now!

And how do you get the best out of anyone of 20 by not giving them games and even recalling them from loan so you can not give them some more games?.

The crowd argument is another grasp at straws that has nothing to do with any facts I know of.

Dodds has been around Leicester city for years. There is no reason whatsoever to believe he'd be phased by the crowd.

As for the service, no, Fryatt (two goals) is not getting any better service than Hume (8 goals). But he is missing perfectly good chances from some simple chances he has been given. Ones of the sort I've seen Dodds tuck away like he was quietly picking apples from a tree.

You summed it up in your first line. Fryatt cost money.

And you've perfectly demonstrated another reason against buying expensive players - especially ordinary ones - instead of developing your own.

You'll see, when Fryatts banging them in evey week and Dodds is playing for Darlington I hope you hang your head.

I'd like to say thats all I have to say in the matter, not in the mood for another epic with you.

You'll see, when Fryatts banging them in evey week and Dodds is playing for Darlington I hope you hang your head.

I'd like to say thats all I have to say in the matter, not in the mood for another epic with you.

I think your view on Dodds and Fryatt matches a good many. Had Dodds been the big money transfer and Fryatt come from Kirby you'd probably think the opposite.

I know Fryatt is frustrating at the moment but the best strikers in the world can take time to settle into a new club, just ask Shevchenko! I realise Fryatt hasnt come from a new country like him although the West Midlands is twinned with Bangladesh.

Anyway, lets give Dodds a go as I said the other day, with a handful or more games left of the season and we have nothing to play for. We would probably see the best of him without the pressure??

I think your view on Dodds and Fryatt matches a good many. Had Dodds been the big money transfer and Fryatt come from Kirby you'd probably think the opposite.

But Fryatt was a big money purchase due to what he did at Walsall. He also came to the club having scored 14 goals in half a season. Dodds hasn't had the chance to prove whether he could do that or not. I am a believer in playing players on merit, not on reputation. But i'm also aware that if you pay a significant amount of money for something then you want to get your money's worth out of it if possible. Now, there comes a time when it might turn out that the money wasn't well spent and what you've bought is a duffer, but Fryatt certainly isn't a duffer.

He's having a shocking season and if we had better alternatives than him then i'd be happy for him to be dropped. O'Grady and Hammond aren't any better and until Dodds is given a chance it can't be argued whether he's any better either. Fryatt had a very good season last season at Walsall and then at us. He scored 20 goals for 2 teams that were both struggling in their respective divisions, that's a good return for a 19/20 year old. This season, there's no excuses he's been poor. But let's put it this way Thracian. If you had bought a brand new set of golf clubs last year for a large amount of money on the recommendation of several golf pro's and for the first six months they were absolutely spot on. Then you've experienced a really dodgy 3-4 months with them. Would you instantly chop these clubs in and seek a replacement or would you want to try and get the best out of them again like before? Because it's quite clear it's possible to do so?. I fear you'd chop them in, but let's hope Kelly or Dowie, or whoever doesn't chop Fryatt's irons in.

I thought this was the Joey thread?

It was, but some people cannot resist pushing the points that they push everywhere else :whistle:

I think that interview someone posted has made me reluctant to have him back, he comes across as a bit of a mercenary. Previously I would have said, like others, get him back if hes dirt cheap and there are no other alternatives available. Now i agree with whoever said that if he came back it would only be until his agent found him more wonga elsewhere

£350,000? harldy big money.

I just think he's a better player, which he is.

Big enough in the world we've been living in and weren't there some add-ons in the deal?.

As for being a better player - and I don't necessarily disagree cos it's hard to compare the two, but I sure wish he'd show it sometime before the end of the season.

It was, but some people cannot resist pushing the points that they push everywhere else :whistle:

I think that interview someone posted has made me reluctant to have him back, he comes across as a bit of a mercenary. Previously I would have said, like others, get him back if hes dirt cheap and there are no other alternatives available. Now i agree with whoever said that if he came back it would only be until his agent found him more wonga elsewhere

I think the thread developed perfectly naturally and logically looking back.

But, just for a arguments sake, if Joey returned to Leicester who would you play in midfield alongside him in either a 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 situation?.

The midfield alternatives, as I see it, would be Johnson, Hughes, Wesolowski, Williams, King and Gudjonsson.

You could add Hume or Porter if you wanted to make the choice more difficult and Tiatto if Joey returned before he leaves.

Who would you choose for the two systems?. Assuming, of course, we didn't buy another quality midfielder with Mandaric money?

I think the thread developed perfectly naturally and logically looking back.

But, just for a arguments sake, if Joey returned to Leicester who would you play in midfield alongside him in either a 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 situation?.

The midfield alternatives, as I see it, would be Johnson, Hughes, Wesolowski, Williams, King and Gudjonsson.

You could add Hume or Porter if you wanted to make the choice more difficult and Tiatto if Joey returned before he leaves.

Who would you choose for the two systems?. Assuming, of course, we didn't buy another quality midfielder with Mandaric money?

I would play Fryatt in midfield and put Joey on the bench.

LOLOLOLOLOL! :D

In the scenarios you mentioned and obviously depending on form and opposition in a 442 i would play Joey alongside Williams and in a 3 i would play him alongside Williams and Tiatto if i wanted to keep it tight and hughes if i wanted to be more agressive. However if Weso was fully fit he would play alongside Williams as ideal first choice and Joey would drop to bench. If we signed Joey right now (with weso being unfit) my ideal lineup would be

Logan

LB Nils

RB Stearman

CB Paddy K

CB Mcauley

RM Hughes/Momo

LM Levi

CM joey

CM Williams

CF Fryatt

CF HUme

Logan

LB Nils

RB Stearman

CB Paddy K

CB Mcauley

CM Levi

CM joey

CM Williams

CF Hume

CF Fyatt

CF Hammond

In the scenarios you mentioned and obviously depending on form and opposition in a 442 i would play Joey alongside Williams and in a 3 i would play him alongside Williams and Tiatto if i wanted to keep it tight and hughes if i wanted to be more agressive. However if Weso was fully fit he would play alongside Williams as ideal first choice and Joey would drop to bench. If we signed Joey right now (with weso being unfit) my ideal lineup would be

Logan

LB Nils

RB Stearman

CB Paddy K

CB Mcauley

RM Hughes/Momo

LM Levi

CM joey

CM Williams

CF Fryatt

CF HUme

Logan

LB Nils

RB Stearman

CB Paddy K

CB Mcauley

CM Levi

CM joey

CM Williams

CF Hume

CF Fyatt

CF Hammond

Either way your choice, assuming Joey's fit, would improve our scoring potential a little and leave us with l/1.5 voluntary weaknesses which is, again, marginally less than at present. So, as I see it, we'd have taken a small step forward. :thumbup:

Big enough in the world we've been living in and weren't there some add-ons in the deal?.

As for being a better player - and I don't necessarily disagree cos it's hard to compare the two, but I sure wish he'd show it sometime before the end of the season.

There was a daft amount of add ons and sell on clauses.

I think the negotiators were a bit hotter than ours

Anybdy rememeber the exact details?

There was a daft amount of add ons and sell on clauses.

I think the negotiators were a bit hotter than ours

Anybdy rememeber the exact details?

We paid about 100k when we confirmed our Championship status at the end of last season, if I recall.

Total add-ons take the deal up to around a million, probably appearance based. :ph34r:

Either way your choice, assuming Joey's fit, would improve our scoring potential a little and leave us with l/1.5 voluntary weaknesses which is, again, marginally less than at present. So, as I see it, we'd have taken a small step forward. :thumbup:

for free the step (if we would indded be making one) would be worthwhile. but for 750k as mentioned - they can go and bollocks

Archived