Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Joey wants to leave AZ

Posted by JoeyJoey on another forum. :unsure::ph34r:;):thumbup::whistle:

Translated from Icelandic newspaper Fréttablaðið.

Johannes Karl wants out of AZ

Icelandic international Johannes Karl Gudjonsson wants to quit AZ Alkmaar and return to English football. AZ have given the player the green light on finding another club. “It’s certainly a disapointment,†he said.

Johannes Karl agreed to join AZ last winter when he was still on the books at Leicester. He had a succesful season last year so it should be fairlyt easy for the player to return to England.

“I think I should have little problem going back there and already few clubs in the English Championship have talked to me,†said Johannes Karl who is contracted to AZ until 2010.

“AZ have given me the green light to leave the club but the stumbling matter could be how my contract matters will be resolved. I still have 3 and a half year left of my contract and me and the club have to come to agreement on how that should be settled. There are many different things to look at.â€Â

Joey is certain AZ will not stand in his way should the “right†club come along, like he says himself.

The dutch league is currently in the winterbreak and Johannes Karl is in Iceland with his family but he will return to training on January 10th. He says he is bitterly disapointed because he is on a very good longterm contract at AZ. Its obvious that AZ were buying him for the future but Louis van Gaal had quickly realised his style of play would not suit the team.

“The biggest disapointment is that I never got the opportunity to prove myself. I had two chances in the first team, once in my prefered position and once on the wing. After that I had no opportunity even though we had won the game. I just don’t get the manager at time. Maybe he just didn’t like me.â€Â

At the start of the season he had no opportunities but later he managed to get himself into the matchday squad and then into the starting 11. However he was swiftly taken out of the squad in december.

“Everything seemed to be going right at that moment but then things got even worse than before.â€Â

Johannes’s older brothers, Thordur and Bjarni, both returned to Iceland from professional football last year and started playing for IA Akranes. Johannes admits that he is still abroad for financial reasons. “If I could earn as much in Iceland as in England or Holland I’d be in Iceland right now. I think it is highly unlikely I’ll return to Iceland this year.†He says it is out of the question to consider playing lower than in the English Championship.

“I would rather sit on my arse in Holland and take my wages with no fuss than to play in League One where I would never get similar money. It also goes with other teams. Its also clear I would never have gone to Holland if not for the contract they offered me.â€Â

http://www.visir.is/article/20070106/IDROT...008/-1/IDROTTIR

well i think you'd rather do nothing for alot more money than you'd get for dropping down the ladder and having to do more work.

to be honest, i would prefer to be busy than get paid lots for doing nothing. at least the lad wants to play football.

At least he's being honest, which is commendable.

As for the 'Joey bashing' - it shows how much we've missed him this season. He may not have been the best player in LCFC history but he was superb last season. He'd easily get another Championship club.

At least he's being honest, which is commendable.

As for the 'Joey bashing' - it shows how much we've missed him this season. He may not have been the best player in LCFC history but he was superb last season. He'd easily get another Championship club.

I disagree that he was superb last season. Superb in patches. Awful in others.

I disagree that he was superb last season. Superb in patches. Awful in others.

yer i agree with this he was very incosistant, well iguess this suits leicester atm lol. id gladly have him back but i doubt he will come back here.

To be honest we shouldnt be aiming for players simply coz they played for us in the past... we need a creative "playmaker" in midfield as one of our top priorities... but we should be looking for somone coz they complement and will work well within the team we have rather than because they've been here in the past, now maybe Joey is the guy but then again maybe not.

For now there is no other option on the right wing other than Hughes or Gradel. He doesn't seem to want to give Gradel a chance so were stuck with Hughesy.

By the way i saw you today Mr. Baker...

Danny Cadarmarteri and Momo Sylla aren't options then?

Wouldn't surpirse me one bit if he came back. Kelly liked him, the fans liked him and I guess he liked the club. Now we should have some cash, he would be available for a reasonable price. It just seems the perfect scenario.

Wouldn't surpirse me one bit if he came back. Kelly liked him, the fans liked him and I guess he liked the club. Now we should have some cash, he would be available for a reasonable price. It just seems the perfect scenario.

It would me, we need money first and it looks like it going to be at least another week and a half. If he wants to go that badly he'll be gone by then.

I'd have him back if he's going cheap. If Kelly wants his he should be pro active for once, enquire about a loan deal while we're broke with a view to a permanent.

As I said when he went, he's an idoit for going their in the first place.

It would've been so much easier if he didn't leave at all.

When he agreed to go, it looked like we were going down and they (AZ) were in a potential Champions League place. Which would you rather play in? As it turned out, we didn't go down and they didn't get the Champions League spot, so it's turned out bad.

Archived