Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Joey wants to leave AZ

Get him.

If we can play him in holding instead of Williams it'll improve us defensively and free up Williams to play less cautiously.

He said before he left Leicester but after signing that he wished he's stayed, didn't he? MM's takeover is as good an incentive as any. Snap him up, ASAP.

If he was available for nothing, I would take him back as his form under R Kelly was different class towards the back end of the season.

Buying a player that we lost for free would be madness.

BTW he loves a transfer and the cash that comes with it so I dont see him coming back to us.

Get him back goddamnit.

Are you serious. There could be some translation mistake but it is a bit sickening to read. Besides never works to get back old players, they'd grow too comfortable for our liking

Get him.

He said before he left Leicester but after signing that he wished he's stayed, didn't he? MM's takeover is as good an incentive as any. Snap him up, ASAP.

I wouldn't believe any of that 'I never really wanted to leave' rubbish. If he didn't want to leave all he had to do was say he'd love a new contract. All this kiss the badge drivel. He wasn't bad last season, but the season before everyone reckoned he was pants.

I wouldn't believe any of that 'I never really wanted to leave' rubbish. If he didn't want to leave all he had to do was say he'd love a new contract. All this kiss the badge drivel. He wasn't bad last season, but the season before everyone reckoned he was pants.

Not AFTER he'd signed the pre-contract agreement, he couldn't, which was before we got rid of Levein.

Given as that's no suprise whatsoever, what would you do if Andy King wasn't around? Was killed in a tragic boating accident, say. Would you want Joey back?

I really wish you wouldn't say things like that.

But yes, it annoyed me that we never tried harder to keep the Joey. I said in the summer that he would be very difficult to replace - and that has been plainly obvious.

People who score nine goals a season from midfield aren't easily come by - especially for next to no money.

But if he comes back that will be another excuse not to play King and Kelly already finds enough reasons not to involve him.

So, in answer to your question, were King to move elsewhere, I'd still rather look for an appreciating asset than a declining one. It's not as if we were challenging at the top of the table when Joey was here.

I really wish you wouldn't say things like that.

But yes, it annoyed me that we never tried harder to keep the Joey. I said in the summer that he would be very difficult to replace - and that has been plainly obvious.

People who score nine goals a season from midfield aren't easily come by - especially for next to no money.

But if he comes back that will be another excuse not to play King and Kelly already finds enough reasons not to involve him.

So, in answer to your question, were King to move elsewhere, I'd still rather look for an appreciating asset than a declining one. It's not as if we were challenging at the top of the table when Joey was here.

So he's a good player and would improve us, but you wouldn't sign him? King is untested at this level and a gamble, and on this logic you wouldn't sign a CM that's a realistic target for us at the moment regardless of whether he improved us because you want to give King a go. That last point of yours is entirely illogical. If a team isn't performing well it doesn't mean there aren't good individual players.

He isn't 'the new era' though is he? :dunno:

He can pi ss off, he wanted to go. We can do better soon. :thumbup:

Erm Levein did not offer him a contract so he found himself employment elsewhere, that's not exactly pissing off now is it! Its taking care of yourself / family so fair play to him LCFC / Levein fooked up not Joey! Would have him back and we prob would have to pay a small fee as any club would, it would cut no ice that they got him on a free as it don't work like that as we see with Low!

How's about we reinvest that 100k and get Joey? :thumbup:

Erm Levein did not offer him a contract so he found himself employment elsewhere, that's not exactly pissing off now is it! Its taking care of yourself / family so fair play to him LCFC / Levein fooked up not Joey! Would have him back and we prob would have to pay a small fee as any club would, it would cut no ice that they got him on a free as it don't work like that as we see with Low!

How's about we reinvest that 100k and get Joey? :thumbup:

That 100k we ll prob never get. Depends on Low's performances

I'd much sooner play Andy King.

How come Olidihambo, Gradel, Dodds where all considered for FA, King wasn't? I don't think there is some infighting between Kelly and King, just doesnt make sense for a player who is scoring so much at youth level and works hard too. After all, the young ones are the rock of the 1st team

So he's a good player and would improve us, but you wouldn't sign him? King is untested at this level and a gamble, and on this logic you wouldn't sign a CM that's a realistic target for us at the moment regardless of whether he improved us because you want to give King a go. That last point of yours is entirely illogical. If a team isn't performing well it doesn't mean there aren't good individual players.

Everyone's a gamble. Because someone's done okay doesn't mean they'll repeat that on their return and, for sure, AZ don't rate him high enough to start him in the team.

There's little doubt he'd be useful to us but personally I rather utilise King or invest in another appreciating asset.

If you argued King, Joey and a fit Weesolowski in midfield then that might be tempting.

It's just that, overall, I don't rate either Williams, Tiatto or Hughes that highly as midfielders - not because they are not any good but because they don't have enough effect for me and I don't think it's a temporary thing.

Everyone's a gamble. Because someone's done okay doesn't mean they'll repeat that on their return and, for sure, AZ don't rate him high enough to start him in the team.

There's little doubt he'd be useful to us but personally I rather utilise King or invest in another appreciating asset.

If you argued King, Joey and a fit Weesolowski in midfield then that might be tempting.

It's just that, overall, I don't rate either Williams, Tiatto or Hughes that highly as midfielders - not because they are not any good but because they don't have enough effect for me and I don't think it's a temporary thing.

I'm right there with you in not rating Williams, he's a lazy bastard. Tiatto is at least enthusiastic but pretty average. You're right, they are both gambles, but King more so because he isn't yet proven at this level. I can't really comment on him too much though, as I've never seen him play. Way I see it, if we're gonna have a bit of cash soon enough anyway, might as well nab him. Even if he's only a slight improvement on what we have, our squad's a bit thin anyway.

Why would he sign for us when there are likely to be other teams capable of offering higher 'signing on fees' for him and his greedy agent.

Look where we finished in the league last season...

The passing of time seems to have made a lot of you rate him far higher than you should. Absence makes the heart grow fonder I suppose.

Look forwards, not back.

Why would he sign for us when there are likely to be other teams capable of offering higher 'signing on fees' for him and his greedy agent.

Look where we finished in the league last season...

The passing of time seems to have made a lot of you rate him far higher than you should. Absence makes the heart grow fonder I suppose.

Look forwards, not back.

dead right.

Joey was a good player for us last season, but I just think we never replaced him (Wesolowski looks good but still has experience to gain and fitness) and thats are problem we need a good freekick taker and someone who can take quality corners. You can;t blame him for leaving although it does sound greedy!

Archived