Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Joey wants to leave AZ

This posted by JoeyJoey on another forum. ;):thumbup:

West Brom, Leeds United and Stoke City have all had talks with AZ and his agent according to Icelandic media today. No mention of Leicester at this stage. German and French clubs also linked.

Why would signing Joey be going backwards thouhg? He was vital in many of our good performances at the end of last season.

He would improve our current squad and therefore I think signing him (it's all pie in the sky anyway) would be moving forwards.

Why would signing Joey be going backwards thouhg? He was vital in many of our good performances at the end of last season.

He would improve our current squad and therefore I think signing him (it's all pie in the sky anyway) would be moving forwards.

It depends how much you want to improve the squad.

Joey is not an especially good passer, is not notably fast and while quite threatening from distance is not a midfielder who really gets into the box.

Yes he's got his strengths but overall I believe we could probably do better for the money. By signing or using players who will add to the value of our squad and continue to add even greater value.

Had we been a successful team while Joey was here then possibly the case would have been stronger. But we never were.

King is perfectly capable of nine goals a season and has a much broader range of skills. Wesolowski, if fit, is a better passer. We'll have reasonable cover not counting anything MM does but could really do with another youngish guy who's creative, strong, quick and effective.

It depends how much you want to improve the squad.

Joey is not an especially good passer, is not notably fast and while quite threatening from distance is not a midfielder who really gets into the box.

Yes he's got his strengths but overall I believe we could probably do better for the money. By signing or using players who will add to the value of our squad and continue to add even greater value.

Had we been a successful team while Joey was here then possibly the case would have been stronger. But we never were.

King is perfectly capable of nine goals a season and has a much broader range of skills. Wesolowski, if fit, is a better passer. We'll have reasonable cover not counting anything MM does but could really do with another youngish guy who's creative, strong, quick and effective.

I don't think we are able to say King is capable of 9 goals a season when he's not even had a go in the first team.

A bit of experience and bite has been missing from our midfield this season (Johnson was supposed to supply both but we can all see he's simply poo) and Joey would add it.

He's not amazing I agree and has his limits, but he would improve our squad and therefore our team if he was brought in at this moment in time.

Regarding passing, I would say he and Weso are on a par as Weso has given the ball away numerous amounts of times this season, from simple 10-15 yard passes too. I do rate Weso as potentially a far better player however.

I don't think we are able to say King is capable of 9 goals a season when he's not even had a go in the first team.

A bit of experience and bite has been missing from our midfield this season (Johnson was supposed to supply both but we can all see he's simply poo) and Joey would add it.

He's not amazing I agree and has his limits, but he would improve our squad and therefore our team if he was brought in at this moment in time.

Regarding passing, I would say he and Weso are on a par as Weso has given the ball away numerous amounts of times this season, from simple 10-15 yard passes too. I do rate Weso as potentially a far better player however.

I'd rather Weso learned from Joey G than Andy J. Frankly.

I'd have Joey back. He's not going to set the league alight, but he's an improvement on the current bunch.

More so if we can ship Andy fecking Johnson out while we're at it. :whistle:

For someone who is obsessed with goals and assists from midfield, I'm baffled that you dismiss the idea as a backward step Thrac. I think his energy and willingness to support the attack is exactly what we've been missing this season and would snap their hands off to have him back on loan if we had any sort of chance at all. Never gonna happen though.

So he's a good player and would improve us, but you wouldn't sign him? King is untested at this level and a gamble, and on this logic you wouldn't sign a CM that's a realistic target for us at the moment regardless of whether he improved us because you want to give King a go. That last point of yours is entirely illogical. If a team isn't performing well it doesn't mean there aren't good individual players.

So was levi, get king in :thumbup:

So was levi, get king in :thumbup:

On that logic next game we'll just play the entire youth squad. We can't lose!

There's obviously a reason we aren't playing King. If he's better than the entire Midfield we have now (as is JG) then surely he'd be playing?

There's obviously a reason we aren't playing King. If he's better than the entire Midfield we have now (as is JG) then surely he'd be playing?

Aaah, a flaw in your argument.

You forget that the midfield is selected not on ability but on RK's chosen men.

Sadly it's not the case that we could play the rest of the Academy side. King is probably the only one with any sort of first team claim this year, given Gradel's suspect temperament.

Personally I would rather have King in my squad ahead of all our central midfield players and ahead of Joey if he was still here but it doesn't help that King's getting no reserve games to help his case.

Nor has he appeared on the first team bench.

I got the feeling - and didn't the Mercury say - that he was in line for being part of the squad against Villa but, for whatever reason, either that wasn't true or the opportunity fell by the wayside.

Whatever the truth, our midfield continues to lack the very qualities which are so strong in King. But then the same is true about Dodds as a striker.

Aaah, a flaw in your argument.

You forget that the midfield is selected not on ability but on RK's chosen men.

Any idea of the goals and assists of all our midfield players put together this season?

We are at the bottom end of the League having scored a measly 26 goals in 27 matches. Our four principle midfielders - Hughes, Tiatto, Williams and Wesolowski, have mustered six goals between them in those 27 games and that doesn't alter if you count Johnson.

So why the great cynicism about King and, presumably, Dodds as well, seeing as Fryatt's case seems pretty weak right now as a striker?

I can't believe you're happy with what we've got so is it the thought of another home grown footballer that bothers you or do you simply have boundless faith in Kellly's judgement?

Sadly it's not the case that we could play the rest of the Academy side. King is probably the only one with any sort of first team claim this year, given Gradel's suspect temperament.

Personally I would rather have King in my squad ahead of all our central midfield players and ahead of Joey if he was still here but it doesn't help that King's getting no reserve games to help his case.

Nor has he appeared on the first team bench.

I got the feeling - and didn't the Mercury say - that he was in line for being part of the squad against Villa but, for whatever reason, either that wasn't true or the opportunity fell by the wayside.

Whatever the truth, our midfield continues to lack the very qualities which are so strong in King. But then the same is true about Dodds as a striker.

Again, if he really is better than every current midfielder, he'd have at least been on the bench. Sure football coaching staff are prone to mistakes, but rarely that kind of monumentally amateurish one. You seem to be implying that Rob Kelly isn't just inexperienced, but the utterly twattish bozo he'd have to be to leave his best midfield player in the youth setup. In my opinion, and it would seem most other peoples, that isn't the case.

Again, if he really is better than every current midfielder, he'd have at least been on the bench. Sure football coaching staff are prone to mistakes, but rarely that kind of monumentally amateurish one. You seem to be implying that Rob Kelly isn't just inexperienced, but the utterly twattish bozo he'd have to be to leave his best midfield player in the youth setup. In my opinion, and it would seem most other peoples, that isn't the case.

Not so long ago many fans would have been happy to see Porter go on loan to Hinckley and you should look back on the opinions about him being "too small/too weak/too inexperienced" after the Colchester match.

I don't believe King himself has anything to do with Kelly's midfield choice. Kelly declared pre-season that he wanted Tiatto to feature regularly - 30 games he hoped for. It is known he's a keen fan of Hughes - even to the point of playing him right wing rather than leave him out.

The same applies to Williams - he's never been able to get him back quickly enough and I'm quite sure the club still hope for big things from Wesolowski.

Considering there are two central midfield places that leaves King well down the pecking order, especially in terms of seniority/wages/etc.

But that doesn't change one word of what I say about our midfield. Any way you dress it up they don't score enough or create enough.

As for being "amateurish" Kelly might have had a decent day at the office yesterday but he's done several things which have seemed exactly that - or at least inexplicable.

They've all been mentioned so what is so strange about the idea that he might delay longer than necessary about introducing a new player?.

He might have lots of reasons for it and not all of them to do with ability, and as there's precious little chance of King proving him wrong, I doubt that he's concerned one bit.

Not so long ago many fans would have been happy to see Porter go on loan to Hinckley and you should look back on the opinions about him being "too small/too weak/too inexperienced" after the Colchester match.

I don't believe King himself has anything to do with Kelly's midfield choice. Kelly declared pre-season that he wanted Tiatto to feature regularly - 30 games he hoped for. It is known he's a keen fan of Hughes - even to the point of playing him right wing rather than leave him out.

The same applies to Williams - he's never been able to get him back quickly enough and I'm quite sure the club still hope for big things from Wesolowski.

Considering there are two central midfield places that leaves King well down the pecking order, especially in terms of seniority/wages/etc.

But that doesn't change one word of what I say about our midfield. Any way you dress it up they don't score enough or create enough.

As for being "amateurish" Kelly might have had a decent day at the office yesterday but he's done several things which have seemed exactly that - or at least inexplicable.

They've all been mentioned so what is so strange about the idea that he might delay longer than necessary about introducing a new player?.

He might have lots of reasons for it and not all of them to do with ability, and as there's precious little chance of King proving him wrong, I doubt that he's concerned one bit.

Yeah it's a conspiracy, in all probability. Williams has pictures of RK and Princess Michael of Kent in a comprimising position and has forced Kelly to play him. Kelly knows King is a good player but has to keep him down or lose his job, so he got the reserve team abolished over the summer in case he showed some promising form. I bet he sits watching videos of King training smoking a big fat cigar, laughing sinisterly, knowing no-one can halt his evil scheme!

That, or RK's clinically brain dead and we didn't notice. He has got funny eyes, come to think of it...

Like people have said, there are obviously probable valid reasons why King is not playing yet. It is probably down to him not just being good enough. How old is he?

Levi, Stearman, Logan and Weso have all made the step up and done reasonably well, some doing better than others. These have had their chance and taken it. There must be reasons why King hasn't had the oppurtunity to show what he can do. Even a sub appearence.

Now you can rave about him all you like, but a comparison between Championship football to youth team football is very different.

The Championship is a very physical league, and a lot of youth players would struggle to adapt. This could be the case for King.

If Kelly really wants King to play at a higher level he would consider sending him out on loan somewhere to gain first team football experience.

Yeah it's a conspiracy, in all probability. Williams has pictures of RK and Princess Michael of Kent in a comprimising position and has forced Kelly to play him. Kelly knows King is a good player but has to keep him down or lose his job, so he got the reserve team abolished over the summer in case he showed some promising form. I bet he sits watching videos of King training smoking a big fat cigar, laughing sinisterly, knowing no-one can halt his evil scheme!

That, or RK's clinically brain dead and we didn't notice. He has got funny eyes, come to think of it...

Have you even seen King play?

All the bluster and attempts at ridicule won't alter the facts about our midfield and what I cannot understand is why so many Leicester fans still talk about how good our individual midfielders are.

They all have their good points but that's as far as it goes.

If we want goals then we either need someone like King or someone else and seeing as, right now, we don't have any money, King seems the only option, apart, perhaps from Hume.

Cos we're not suddenly going to start banging goals in from midfield - not if past history can be relied on.

Archived