Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stuliasz

Matty Fryatt

Good to see him playing well again. Still short of confidence in front of goal but more performances like that and it will come. I've said all throughout this barren spell of his that the thing that he's been playing as the type of striker that doesn't suit him - on the shoulder of the last defender. He does not have the pace nor the timing to play this style and he looks far far better when he drops back, picks up the ball and runs. He did that many times today and chances usually came of it. Keep it up Matty.

Matty Fryatt.

Played well last night and was arguebly man of the match.

He also helped with Kisnorbo's goal in my opinion, looking much faster and sharper than he has ever been this season.

Just a thought but have heard he has fell out with RK and is seriously disillusioned/unmotivated with life at Leicester.

It's easy to raise your game for a one off cup game against premiership opposition during a transfer window, no?

Good to see him playing well again. Still short of confidence in front of goal but more performances like that and it will come. I've said all throughout this barren spell of his that the thing that he's been playing as the type of striker that doesn't suit him - on the shoulder of the last defender. He does not have the pace nor the timing to play this style and he looks far far better when he drops back, picks up the ball and runs. He did that many times today and chances usually came of it. Keep it up Matty.

Agreed. (I thought it was my thread? lol:S)

But you constantly defend Elvis Hammond?

:dunno::whistle:

He has scored twice as many goals as Fryatt in roughly the same number of games. He's also made a few and we lack anyone else with his pace.

Doesn't mean I wouldn't try to replace him in January.

Right now Fryatt would be fourth in my queue, behind Dodds, Hume and Hammond.

He has scored twice as many goals as Fryatt in roughly the same number of games. He's also made a few and we lack anyone else with his pace.

Doesn't mean I would try to replace him in January.

Right now Fryatt would be fourth in my queue, behind Dods, Hume and Hammond.

I'm glad you are not picking the team! lol

Well done Matty. After being left out of the side for so long he's fighting for his place again and should deservedly start against Colchester. He worked hard yesterday and at least made openings for himself to score, even though he didn't. He just need one to come off his backside and he could be rolling again.

Hope he keeps up the good work. :thumbup:

I'm glad you are not picking the team! lol

Say what you will but if Hume, as our other principle striker, had scored at the same rate as Fryatt (two goals in 15 matches I think) we'd be deep down in the relegation zone.

Let's hope I can sing his praises after Colchester because doubtless he'll get another chance, and it would make a nice change.

Three times they as good as ran into each other yesterday. Whereas Hume was playing his normal game MF failed to take the clever run, failed to take up a strikers position - and failed to capitalise on moments of opportunity as a result. There was no real cohesion between them - they are a fair way from being our ideal front pairing and to think he has started to master his game is simply delusional.

matty is looking like he is enjoying his football again

i think when he gets a goal we will see him perform even better and start scoring more regualy getting the 15 + goals a season we wanted him for

It's way too early to say he's "back". He needs to start finding the net again on a regular basis.

If MDV had been playing for us with a strike rate as bad as Fryatt's, he would have been strung up from the nearest tree by now..

It's way too early to say he's "back". He needs to start finding the net again on a regular basis.

If MDV had been playing for us with a strike rate as bad as Fryatt's, he would have been strung up from the nearest tree by now..

Not the words I would have used but I do agree :P

Your right there. Let's just be thankful the crowd hasn't got on his back too much and that it's just a matter of time before he starts scoring. I get the feeling if Fryatt is going to be successful here then the next 6-8 weeks are crucial that he finds the net fairly regularly, otherwise he'll be destined to be shipped out as another under-achiever come the summer.

Archived