Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

Realistic success?

Lcfc have achieved limited success compared to local rivals, but in terms of support and soon finances would be a match or better for our rivals.

We have won 3 leauge cups

never won the F.A cup

Finished 2nd in the top flight once

What do you believe we can achieve?

We've been in the FA Cup final 4 times and never won it. This is the most FA cup final appearances of any club without lifting the trophy.

It's a favourite statistic of mine so can I request that we don't win it. I don't mind if we reach the final though.

Thankyou.

The best things in life are free (except when done with a prostitute).

- TPH (copyright 1995)

The whole England squad die and the people of the FA of the world say Leicester City are great and regardless of their nationality they can represent England in the world cup and we win, beating brazil in the final. With Levi doing ronaldiniho all over the place.

Very realistic :D

Oh, I didn't give a time limit... let's say 2010

I dont think any club has a "glass ceiling" of how well they can do (look at Ipswich back when they where in Europe!)... but I do think some clubs have huge advantages in profile, fan base, tradition and finances compared to others and that is why they consistently do well and have established themselves as strong, successful teams, that these teams (Arsenal, Liverpool, ManU etc…) come from big conurbations is no surprise because that is where there is a big concentration of wealth, a large potential fan base and where the media’s gaze is often focused.

But that said, LCFC has comparable potential to the likes of Charlton, Middlesbrough, Blackburn, Wigan, Pompey, Fulham, Bolton etc…A club like Leicester led by a good manager, with good players, sensible resources and leadership within the club itself can be an established premiership side and can compete in the major domestic trophy competitions and even in Europe.

Leicester is not a big city, its certainly not growing and being redeveloped in the way that Leeds, Nottingham etc… are, but it is a growing city, the redevelopment of the city is still significant and there is a very solid financial base within the city (certainly greater than the likes of Blackburn, Wigan, Derby or even Bolton) and that bodes well for it sustaining a successful premiership football club.

Add to this Leicester has a large potential fan base, Derby and Coventry are effectively orientated towards Brum and the West Midlands which leaves Forrest and City as the only credible clubs in the region… far less competition for support than many successful middle sized clubs have to contend with.

The key thing is this will not happen without effective leadership within the club (both on the business and playing side of things) and sufficient resources for the club… MM goes some way to providing this, but even should the takeover go through lots more will need to change, but there is no reason why it shouldn’t :)

The whole England squad die and the people of the FA of the world say Leicester City are great and regardless of their nationality they can represent England in the world cup and we win, beating brazil in the final. With Levi doing ronaldiniho all over the place.

Very realistic :D

Oh, I didn't give a time limit... let's say 2010

Winning the FA Cup is probably the most realistic thing we or any other decent-sized club could ask for. However, who knows what football will look like in 20/30 years time?

Winning the FA Cup is probably the most realistic thing we or any other decent-sized club could ask for. However, who knows what football will look like in 20/30 years time?

Dunno, but Sheringham will probably still be playing. :D

I dont think any club has a "glass ceiling" of how well they can do (look at Ipswich back when they where in Europe!)... but I do think some clubs have huge advantages in profile, fan base, tradition and finances compared to others and that is why they consistently do well and have established themselves as strong, successful teams, that these teams (Arsenal, Liverpool, ManU etc…) come from big conurbations is no surprise because that is where there is a big concentration of wealth, a large potential fan base and where the media’s gaze is often focused.

But that said, LCFC has comparable potential to the likes of Charlton, Middlesbrough, Blackburn, Wigan, Pompey, Fulham, Bolton etc…A club like Leicester led by a good manager, with good players, sensible resources and leadership within the club itself can be an established premiership side and can compete in the major domestic trophy competitions and even in Europe.

Leicester is not a big city, its certainly not growing and being redeveloped in the way that Leeds, Nottingham etc… are, but it is a growing city, the redevelopment of the city is still significant and there is a very solid financial base within the city (certainly greater than the likes of Blackburn, Wigan, Derby or even Bolton) and that bodes well for it sustaining a successful premiership football club.

Add to this Leicester has a large potential fan base, Derby and Coventry are effectively orientated towards Brum and the West Midlands which leaves Forrest and City as the only credible clubs in the region… far less competition for support than many successful middle sized clubs have to contend with.

The key thing is this will not happen without effective leadership within the club (both on the business and playing side of things) and sufficient resources for the club… MM goes some way to providing this, but even should the takeover go through lots more will need to change, but there is no reason why it shouldn’t :)

appologies for spelling again was up until 5:30 this morning! & congratulations Mort for the 1st reply worth reading on this thread. I agree with what you have said, certainly Leicester could keep a top half Prem side with the correct leadership. Who knows 3rd or 4th and champs leauge if we excelled ourselves for a season, which is possible as Everton did two years back. There is no doubt it is hard to see at the moment but is there any reason why LCFC could not compete with the likes of Everton, Tottenham, Villa, Newcastle, in terms of expectations and success (right this time lol ).

These teams may have some better attributes like support, ground capacity, budget, but these things can be worked on in time. Newcastle must be huge underachievers from the support and money they have spent. Same with Villa, but im sure they will do better in the near future!

Just wondered what you all thought the realisitic expectations were. :thumbup:

Add to this Leicester has a large potential fan base, Derby and Coventry are effectively orientated towards [/b]Brum and the West Midlands which leaves Forrest and City as the only credible clubs in the region… far less competition for support than many successful middle sized clubs have to contend with.

since when has derby been in the w.midlands?

appologies for spelling again was up until 5:30 this morning! & congratulations Mort for the 1st reply worth reading on this thread. I agree with what you have said, certainly Leicester could keep a top half Prem side with the correct leadership. Who knows 3rd or 4th and champs leauge if we excelled ourselves for a season, which is possible as Everton did two years back. There is no doubt it is hard to see at the moment but is there any reason why LCFC could not compete with the likes of Everton, Tottenham, Villa, Newcastle, in terms of expectations and success (right this time lol ).

These teams may have some better attributes like support, ground capacity, budget, but these things can be worked on in time. Newcastle must be huge underachievers from the support and money they have spent. Same with Villa, but im sure they will do better in the near future!

Just wondered what you all thought the realisitic expectations were. :thumbup:

Are you saying my very realistic view was not worth reading. :blink:

Ok, a realistic one would be:

To get a decent manager who is good with tactics and can motivate the players so they treat all of the games like cup games (Fulham a prime example, it's the best we've played since I've watched them, admittedly I've not been a fan that long but still 4 years is long enough)

If we do that we should become an established premiership club, with a growing fanbase. I also too hope that we will get a few more trophys ;)

That good enough?

Ok, a realistic one would be:

To get a decent manager who is good with tactics and can motivate the players so they treat all of the games like cup games (Fulham a prime example, it's the best we've played since I've watched them, admittedly I've not been a fan that long but still 4 years is long enough)

If we do that we should become an established premiership club, with a growing fanbase. I also too hope that we will get a few more trophys ;)

That good enough?

Yeah, sorry mate I can be a right touchy git at times, i need to go to sleep but it aint 8 o'clock yet!

No too sure I agree tho I think RK is fighting in a division with poor resorces at hand, If we had some millions at the start of the season and we were in this position then I would agree, but think he needs to fail before I can call for him (again :ph34r: ). He is doing better than MA and CL IMO.

I think MA was quite good. I am not too confident that RK would be the right man to spend the money though... get Iain Dowie in, he did reject a contract from Hull...

did he do that in some weird respect that a vacancy may come along at LCFC? I think not!

MA had a side which was easily good enough to go up, with players like Izzet, Taggs, Elliott, Dickov, Walker, Scowcroft, who were Physical and had tallent. MA and substitutions i rest my case!

Kelly was the man to tallent spot when he came from Blackburn dont forget! Fryatt and Hume were his recommendations dont forget and they are both good players. Getting in players on free's is not like signing you own with money spent MA showed that when we went up! McAulley tho was a gem, the others have not impressed me tho, but in the words of Del Boy what do you expect for nothing and the wages we pay? <_<

realistically the best we'll ever do is to get into the top 10 of the premiership.cups, even the league cup now that the big clubs are taking it seriously, are out of the question.

there are 5-10 clubs that will always be bigger than us and money talks.

we're a medium sized club in a medium sized city, get use to it.

realistically the best we'll ever do is to get into the top 10 of the premiership.cups, even the league cup now that the big clubs are taking it seriously, are out of the question.

there are 5-10 clubs that will always be bigger than us and money talks.

we're a medium sized club in a medium sized city, get use to it.

This was when we were at Filbo, and I did love the place, but scuccess wise the club decided to move on and maybe we should aim a little higher now?

What about a club like Villarreal, just a small town which has only 1 industry (Tiles) a groung which holds 22 thousand, they have managed to atract players like Requelme, Lopez, Mari, Senna and they got into the champions leauge quite regularly so it could be done if managed properly

This was when we were at Filbo, and I did love the place, but scuccess wise the club decided to move on and maybe we should aim a little higher now?

What about a club like Villarreal, just a small town which has only 1 industry (Tiles) a groung which holds 22 thousand, they have managed to atract players like Requelme, Lopez, Mari, Senna and they got into the champions leauge quite regularly so it could be done if managed properly

the owner of that tile factory bankrolls them and he(unlike MM) is a genuine fan.

Archived