Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Fulham

I would like to know, if I am intent on driving to this game, what the best options avaliable to me are??

Two choices I suppose

1. Try to drive to the ground and park somewhere - walking distance - then drive all the way home.

2. Drive to somewhere on outskirts like Stanmore and get the tube into London and to Fulham and then back. - Will the tubes run late enough to get us back to Stanmore say 11pm ish though >

Which of the above would be better?

Any thoughts would be great as never been to a London away ground before?

I would like to know, if I am intent on driving to this game, what the best options avaliable to me are??

Two choices I suppose

1. Try to drive to the ground and park somewhere - walking distance - then drive all the way home.

2. Drive to somewhere on outskirts like Stanmore and get the tube into London and to Fulham and then back. - Will the tubes run late enough to get us back to Stanmore say 11pm ish though >

best off going to stanmore, youll have no problem time-wise getting back after the game. even if it goes to penalties. last tubes are around 12-12:30.

From OS

Replay Ticket Details Announced

Ticket details for Leicester City's FA Cup third round replay against Fulham at Craven Cottage were released today.

Tickets will go on sale to season ticket holders from 9am on Wednesday, January 10, while LCFC members will be able to secure their seats for the tie on the following day (Thursday, January 11). General sale will then commence on Friday, January 12.

The club have received an initial allocation of 2,000 tickets for the game, which is scheduled to take place on Wednesday, January 17 (7:45pm).

Tickets are priced at £15 for adults, £10 for senior citizens and £5 for under 17s.

Further tickets will be made available to the club for the tie should demand dictate.

Email [email protected] for further information.

Two choices I suppose

Plenty of places to park within a mile of the ground.

I used to visit London every week and I'd park in Manbre Road about half a mile from the ground.

Two choices I suppose

Option 2. The tubes run till way past midnight.

Make sure you get a day pass though, as the fares are VERY expensive!

Latest ticket news.

Full details to be announced Tuesday 9 January.

For trains, use this link.

And this link for the National Express.

For those driving, directions etc can be found here...

Please keep to useful advice on parking, pre-match eating and drinking etc. Unnecessary posts WILL be deleted. :thumbup:

Some bargain fares available on the National Express site right now - as low as FIVE pounds return. :o:smile:

Normal price is £17 though - but still MUCH cheaper than the train!

And the last bus back is at 11.30 pm, so even if it goes to extra time you could still make it back to Victoria in time.

Some bargain fares available on the National Express site right now - as low as FIVE pounds return. :o:smile:

And the last bus back is at 11.30 pm, so even if it goes to extra time you could still make it back to Victoria in time.

Can't you buy two single tickets for a tenner each way?

You can from Newport to London!

Where abouts is victoria?? As i am seriously considering the national express as an option. Does it leave from St Margarets aswell.

Cheers :thumbup:

Where abouts is victoria?? As i am seriously considering the national express as an option. Does it leave from St Margarets aswell.

London Victoria is in the centre mate - Next to Victoria Station

And yes it does depart from St. Margrets

I'm no expert but I'd say it looks best to get on the tube at Victoria and get a District tube marked "Wimbledon", get off at Putney Bridge, then Craven Cottage is 10 minutes walk from there. :dunno:

That's what I'm doing.

Two choices I suppose

Stanmore is a very good bet If your going down for the day, easy to get to and very close to the M1, your best bet would be to go into the city to bond street on the Jubille line then change to the centeral line at Bond Street and go to nottin hill gate, from there you can change to the District line and go straight to pukney Bridge.

Option 2. The tubes run till way past midnight.

Make sure you get a day pass though, as the fares are VERY expensive!

Unless it's pass midnight, you might need two day passes :P

Cheers for all your advice, I'm prob gona go with the Stanmore option now.

Going to be a great day - my next question would be about pre match pubs to visit?

You'll find some ideas here

From Clacton Fox

The pubs you list get very busy matchdays and being closest to ground especially the Drury.. The Dragoon and Fat Cat on Butt rd are smaller and closer to town and as you walk past them anyway the choice is yours to wait for that beer. I think if walking from North Station the Marquis (Of Granby) North hill is very good (My Starting point) old and full of character before that Quilters Theme pub and Trotters wine bar. by the time you reach there you will have also passed the Norfolk, 1st pub then the Victoria..

At the top of North Hill (Look for the water tower)you have O'neills Yates wine lodge and the Wig and Pen round the corner in the High st.. Right by the water tower is The Hole In The Wall pub.. other preferred choices are The Bull The Kings Arms on Crouch st and The Hospital Arms on Lexden rd all are on the way and in town leaving a one mile walk to ground..

If exploring the High st The Red lion and the George (both hotels but with non resident bars) are good and halfway down and at the end by the Castle (worth a walk) is the Castle pub....

So the choice as they say is yours but if you want my opinion explore the town centre bars and perhaps just have a cheeky one in the pubs on Butt rd and give the Drury a miss..

As I said before I would not go to colchester town but if you do there are a couple of pubs on the way to the ground one being Molly Mallones and the Abbey on St Johns Green which is on Southway leading to Butt rd both I think are Sky pubs....

please ask if you want more info. And make sure you have your best hiking boots on. All I ask is that we put on a great away show from the lads as my reputation is hinging on it.....Up the City!!

Going to be a great day - my next question would be about pre match pubs to visit?

I am catching the District Line to Hammersmith and walking down Fulham Palace Road

It's some time ago now, but I used to go to the Three Kings in West Ken an awful lot, it used to be a good place with good cheap beer...but looking at the reviews that might have changed.

I am catching the District Line to Hammersmith and walking down Fulham Palace Road

It's some time ago now, but I used to go to the Three Kings in West Ken an awful lot, it used to be a good place with good cheap beer...but looking at the reviews that might have changed.

I have to drive or I just can't make it...what's the parking like?

I'm considering a drive from Burton but can't leave till 1630 at earliest. Is it even worth the risk/hassle of driving to somewhere I don't know? Could get train as gets in at 1915 but a bit tight and one home very sill overnight jobbie so pants option. Prob looks like the radio for me.

From stanmore tube station do you catch the tube to westminster then from westminster to putney bridge? Any help would be much appreciated :thumbup:

that's the one. journey planner says it takes an hour which sounds about right.

www.tfl.gov.uk

:thumbup:

Archived