Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Fulham

that's the one. journey planner says it takes an hour which sounds about right.

www.tfl.gov.uk

:thumbup:

yeah found that one, seems like that will be ok, think thats what i will be doing, not sure bout parking at stanmore though?

yeah found that one, seems like that will be ok, think thats what i will be doing, not sure bout parking at stanmore though?

Stanmore should be fine, my grans lived there for the last 9 years and its the tube station I've always used going into London. Your car should be prety safe too.

Stanmore as a place is very nice but as you get on the tube the stops after are absolute shitholes graffiti and vandalism everywhere, the sort of thing that can put you off living in London, but like I said stanmore should be fine. :thumbup:

I will be on a night out in my lorry so im going to park in guildford and catch the train to wimbledon then tube up to putney bridge, just to let you know i have parked at stanmore many times, never had a problem!! just a side topic, if you go from stanmore take a look out of the window, you get a good view of wembley.

im driving to Stanmore with maybes and bertfox, says they have around 400 parking spaces there so should be ok and its only bout 5miles off the M1.

Then from there were getting the tube to westminster and then changing onto the district line to putney bridge. should take bout 1hour on the tube and hopefully an off peak day pass will be around £7 :dunno:

We have booked our national express tickets today leaving leics at 9.20 getting into victoria at around mid day and spending the day in london getting a little tipsy. £10 return (bus leaves victoria at 11.30) absolute bargain. whole day with the exception of ale for 25 notes cant be bad. Also victoria station is only 5 stops on the district line away from putney bridge so this has surely gotta be the best option. be good to have a few city on there be a laugh on the way down with all the boring types that travel on them sort of things.

We have booked our national express tickets today leaving leics at 9.20 getting into victoria at around mid day and spending the day in london getting a little tipsy. £10 return (bus leaves victoria at 11.30) absolute bargain. whole day with the exception of ale for 25 notes cant be bad. Also victoria station is only 5 stops on the district line away from putney bridge so this has surely gotta be the best option. be good to have a few city on there be a laugh on the way down with all the boring types that travel on them sort of things.

Good lad.

im driving to Stanmore with maybes and bertfox, says they have around 400 parking spaces there so should be ok and its only bout 5miles off the M1.

Then from there were getting the tube to westminster and then changing onto the district line to putney bridge. should take bout 1hour on the tube and hopefully an off peak day pass will be around £7 :dunno:

just to let you know, stanmore station is only a few mins from the motorway!! come off the motorway at junction 4, this will bring you on to the A41, after 1/4 of a mile turn right at the roundabout on to the A410, at the next roundabout go straight over, stanmore station is about 1/4 of a mile further , on your left, the car park is just before you get to the station at the end of the houses on your left, look for the grey metal raillings, thats the entrance, hope this will help!!

just to let you know, stanmore station is only a few mins from the motorway!! come off the motorway at junction 4, this will bring you on to the A41, after 1/4 of a mile turn right at the roundabout on to the A410, at the next roundabout go straight over, stanmore station is about 1/4 of a mile further , on your left, the car park is just before you get to the station at the end of the houses on your left, look for the grey metal raillings, thats the entrance, hope this will help!!

Anyone taking up this option should bear in mind that it takes an hour to get to Putney Bridge from Stanmore, more during rush hour!

Take the Jubilee line from Stanmore to Westminster and the District line from Westminster to Putney Bridge but be careful if you take the return route after 11pm as this may not be an option, you will still be able to get back to Stanmore, but you'll have to change trains more often and at different stations.

Once you know the time you plan to arrive go to the London underground website and go to their route planner.

Anyone taking up this option should bear in mind that it takes an hour to get to Putney Bridge from Stanmore, more during rush hour!

Take the Jubilee line from Stanmore to Westminster and the District line from Westminster to Putney Bridge but be careful if you take the return route after 11pm as this may not be an option, you will still be able to get back to Stanmore, but you'll have to change trains more often and at different stations.

Once you know the time you plan to arrive go to the London underground website and go to their route planner.

you seem to know the underground well, question for you, i am a trucker and will be on a night out, so i will be parking up near Guildford, i am hoping to get the train from there up to wimbledon, then the tube to putney bridge, have i got it right??

you seem to know the underground well, question for you, i am a trucker and will be on a night out, so i will be parking up near Guildford, i am hoping to get the train from there up to wimbledon, then the tube to putney bridge, have i got it right??

I'm not too hot on the railways but I'd guess you'd be better off going from Guildford to Clapham Junction rather then Wimbledon :unsure:

Clapham Junction is the main interchange in the south.

Just had a look on the Trainline website Guildford to Putney with southwest trains changing at Clapham takes 52 minutes

Guildford-Wimbledon will cost you £12.80 return Plus tube fare!

Guildford-Putney will cost you £15 return

You need to book two single tickets as opposed to a return ticket and you need to book asap as they could go up, as I found to my cost (£31 instead of £20)this morning!

Mate I live in Wimbledon. You need to get off at Wimbledon, not Clapham Junction - it will be much easier AND quicker. Clapham junction has something ridiculous like 25 platforms.

I did warn him I wasn't too hot on the trains!

Thanks for that :thumbup: Didn't want to give him a bum steer.

thanks for the info, but i just called the ticket line and they said it would only cost £7.20 return from guildford to wimbledon, not sure how much the tube is from there to putney bridge??

Not too bad then!

You could always park your truck on the Fulham Broadway! I doubt they have tow trucks that big :P

Archived