Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

Backlash?

Ill Feeling?  

170 members have voted

1. 1. How will you feel if this bid goes tits up?

• I will never spend any money @ LCFC until this board are out & will abuse at every oppertunity possible, only go to away games next year
    • Will feel bad but will get season ticket next year
    • Nothing changes for me
    • Will support the decision as the board have club @ heart
    • Will be delighted as I dislike the whole takeover idea

you pay peanuts you get monkeys, simple as that. it's easy to say that other people should put their hands in their pockets, but as none of us are in that position to do that who are we to say?

Bullshine me old cocker..I put my hand in my pocket year after year decade after decade..I'm a fan and I love Leicester both my city and my club..that gives my every right to voice my opinion! :angry:

Bullshine me old cocker..I put my hand in my pocket year after year decade after decade..I'm a fan and I love Leicester both my city and my club..that gives my every right to voice my opinion! :angry:

so do i, but lets be honest we've never put in £250k, £100k or anything like that. you've every right to voice your opinion buts what's your solution.

Fair points, Thracian. By the way, my guess is he would be earning more money in the private sector than he does at LCFC - he gave up being a partner in a firm of Chartered Accountants to join LCFC, and such people earn good money in the private sector - I should know, I work for such a firm. :angry:

My son's got his own Chartered Accountacy - now you've said that I'll make damned sure he gets to the bar firsty in future. :whistle::D

So..let's get this straight!..we are hovering just above the relegation zone,we have no money,a small squad of players that appear to have lost the will to fight,a manager that can't buy a league win,and fans that were once the pride of the midlands sitting in the Walkers making less noise then they would in a library!..who exactly is to blame...did someone walk under a ladder or did we break a mirror? :dunno:

who is to blame - a whole set of circumstances

Investing the money we got from selling Heskey in Scowcroft, Rowatt, Benjamin and panicbuy

Getting relegated at the exact point that we borrow money to build a new stadium. But we still might have been alright if:

The ITV Digital deal had gone tits up in 02/03.

Still we managed to get promoted, and we still would have been alright if we'd stayed up in 03/04. We didn't, but we had the opportunity.

Since then we've been paddling upstream. Without a paddle. In a boat with holes in. In the dark. In freezing conditions.

That said, two clubs in the Champo haven't spent any money in the last 12 months. Ourselves, so you get what you pay for perhaps. And Colchester, who don't seem to be doing too badly

The Trust, in my view, sees itself more importantly than anyone else associated with the club. All this talk in the past about trusts running other clubs is ridiculous, however, if we continue along this path, then it is perfectly feasible that the Trust could be running the club from League Two. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the masterplan all along.

Funny you should say that see the Notts County story

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/notting...ire/6301465.stm

The Trust, in my view, sees itself more importantly than anyone else associated with the club. All this talk in the past about trusts running other clubs is ridiculous, however, if we continue along this path, then it is perfectly feasible that the Trust could be running the club from League Two. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the masterplan all along.

It has never been in the plans of the Foxes Trust to run the club (although over a dozen clubs are now ran by Trusts).

Our aims are as originally declared on our website, and as previously stated one of them is at the forefront of our thinking at this time

• To encourage the club to play competitive football at the highest possible level

It has never been in the plans of the Foxes Trust to run the club (although over a dozen clubs are now ran by Trusts).

Our aims are as originally declared on our website, and as previously stated one of them is at the forefront of our thinking at this time

• To encourage the club to play competitive football at the highest possible level

What do the trust suggest we do to achieve that then?

What would the trust advise is the best way to get to the highest possible level and what is the highest possible level for LCFC?

We don't need to, we know people from the Notts County Trust well & knew this had been their aim for sometime.

But we have no intention of following this path

Would this not be an unrealistic aim as we are in sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much debt as us mere supporters dont have the kind of money needed for a takeover and also us mere fans would not be able to shoulder such a burden in the stadium loan?

We don't need to, we know people from the Notts County Trust well & knew this had been their aim for sometime.

But we have no intention of following this path

It's taken you long enough to come out and say that.

What do the trust suggest we do to achieve that then?

What would the trust advise is the best way to get to the highest possible level and what is the highest possible level for LCFC?

Under the current footballing set up, a realistic aim for the highest possible level would to remain in the Premiership for an extended period.

All the Trust can do currently is look at any options put in front of us for the future of our club & back the one we feel best offers attaining that level.

Under the current footballing set up, a realistic aim for the highest possible level would to remain in the Premiership for an extended period.

All the Trust can do currently is look at any options put in front of us for the future of our club & back the one we feel best offers attaining that level.

Which is?

Would this not be an unrealistic aim as we are in sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much debt as us mere supporters dont have the kind of money needed for a takeover and also us mere fans would not be able to shoulder such a burden in the stadium loan?

Agreed, you would be talking more of an AFC Leicester situation.

Agreed i'm sure I would hate to see my beloved LCFC go out of business, but I have to say I am anti the current board and also the trust

The board because they to me through the 20 odd years of my support have done jack all for the club in terms of investment and the situation however much some may want to tart it up is a shambles down to mis management

The trust started off life with good intentions but to mee seems to have firstly turned into a board's voice as those in the hierachy of the trust wish to keep in favour, but at the moment I hear disgraceful statement on the RL from you guys, about groundshares which neither set of fans wants Milan or no Milan!

Bring on AFC LCFC if these problems / cancers on our club are ridden

Agreed i'm sure I would hate to see my beloved LCFC go out of business, but I have to say I am anti the current board and also the trust

The board because they to me through the 20 odd years of my support have done jack all for the club in terms of investment and the situation however much some may want to tart it up is a shambles down to mis management

The trust started off life with good intentions but to mee seems to have firstly turned into a board's voice as those in the hierachy of the trust wish to keep in favour, but at the moment I hear disgraceful statement on the RL from you guys, about groundshares which neither set of fans wants Milan or no Milan!

Bring on AFC LCFC if these problems / cancers on our club are ridden

they did build a 32,000 seater stadium. :rolleyes:

That they did not invest. when have the LCFC board invested with their own money to sign some significant players?

business doesn't work that way. you don't think richard branson puts his hand in his own pocket when he needs a new jumbo jet do you?

so do i, but lets be honest we've never put in £250k, £100k or anything like that. you've every right to voice your opinion buts what's your solution.

Have'n t got one..that's not my job it's someone else's..however I do have a job which I do well because if I didn't I would'nt keep it...get the idea? :cool:

business doesn't work that way. you don't think richard branson puts his hand in his own pocket when he needs a new jumbo jet do you?

What's that got to do with the price of eggs? Are you talking nonsense?

If we are asking questions then how does a club aquire a player from another side? Money

Where does that come from in regards a football club? obviously which one well examples: Wigan, Boro, Blackburn = chairmen past & present which is that clubs good fortune i suppose In LCFC's case well 1 we dont purchase players anymore due to no backing from the board but if we did it would come from the ticket sales i.e fans me and you!

I can not see how anyone could defend this bunch! The have stabilised the club yes but we are in a terrible position

I would like to make it known it is not just this board i am talking about it is the boards from the past 20 odd years

Have'n t got one..that's not my job it's someone else's..however I do have a job which I do well because if I didn't I would'nt keep it...get the idea? :cool:

look i'm no apologist for the board, but if every club was run perfectly and there was huge investment in players, if every manager was a genius. there'd still be three clubs relegated every season.

Archived