Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

Backlash?

Ill Feeling?  

170 members have voted

1. 1. How will you feel if this bid goes tits up?

• I will never spend any money @ LCFC until this board are out & will abuse at every oppertunity possible, only go to away games next year
    • Will feel bad but will get season ticket next year
    • Nothing changes for me
    • Will support the decision as the board have club @ heart
    • Will be delighted as I dislike the whole takeover idea

The bid has not been rejected, the board have not refused to sell up and leave - in fact, if the Trust are to be believed the bid has still not been tabled and the delay is as a result of Mandy's lawyers discovering a tax liability.

Oh, and the best Pot Noodle is a Chicken and Mushroom Pot Noodle...especially when scooped into some fresh bread and butter. Yumm.

I would be absolutely beside myself if it fell through. The board want it to happen, the fans want it to happen, but the way the whole thing has been handled has been a disgrace. The board have to take a lot of the flak for that, but it doesn't surprise me. They've been inept and clueless ever since they were appointed on to the board when the shareholders saved this club.

It's not so much that i'd show sincere hatred to the board and shareholders, because as far as i'm aware there's not really many if any of them dead against it. They've just handled it badly.

From my point of view i'd find it very hard to continue to give money to the club whilst the same set up is in charge, i'd just do away games and pray to god that another investor came to the table.

Whatever happens, we will never succeed under the current set-up and our board know that themselves.

Im with Dave on this one, every time I have been at matches (not many granted) this season (mainly away)...whenever i hear the chants I hear myself gritting my teeth and saying "dont hex it" in my mind!!

If the MM deal doesn't go through it'll be interesting to see whether those three other parties that were mentioned come in with a bid. I'm still sceptical about whether they actually exist or were just an invention by the Mockery to speed the whole thing up :rolleyes: .

I would be absolutely beside myself if it fell through. The board want it to happen, the fans want it to happen, but the way the whole thing has been handled has been a disgrace. The board have to take a lot of the flak for that, but it doesn't surprise me. They've been inept and clueless ever since they were appointed on to the board when the shareholders saved this club.

It's not so much that i'd show sincere hatred to the board and shareholders, because as far as i'm aware there's not really many if any of them dead against it. They've just handled it badly.

From my point of view i'd find it very hard to continue to give money to the club whilst the same set up is in charge, i'd just do away games and pray to god that another investor came to the table.

Whatever happens, we will never succeed under the current set-up and our board know that themselves.

:clap: Well said - you've summed up my feelings entirely!

Let's remember..

It wasn't the board who put a figure of "£25m" on the bid.

It wasn't the board who said "this deal would be done by Christmas".

It wasn't the board who moaned to the media about alleged "hidden debts".

And it wasn't the board who were responsible for delaying circulation of the bid to the shareholders.

Now we learn that the deal is on ice, maybe for months. So the current management and squad will remain and so will the uncertainty, placing our Championship status at possible risk..

If certain parties has been a little more open and a little less manipulative, the takeover would have been sorted and we could have moved on.

Let's remember..

{b}It wasn't the board who moaned to the media about alleged "hidden debts".[/b]

And it wasn't the board who were responsible for delaying circulation of the bid to the shareholders.

Now we learn that the deal is on ice, maybe for months. So the current management and squad will remain and so will the uncertainty, placing our Championship status at possible risk..

If certain parties has been a little more open and a little less manipulative, the takeover would have been sorted and we could have moved on.

It was the board who hid the hidden debts. If there were no hidden debts there would be nothing to moan about. And if it weren't for those debts, it probably would have been done by now, like Milan said it would be.

Let's remember..

Can we have a bigger YAWN smilie please?

Tosser.

Let's remember..

Exactly. There is no telling some of the plonkers on here though.

1.) What fooking differance does the reported value of the takeover make to the speed at which it goes through?

2.) There obviously were hidden debts otherwise the board would have denied it!

3.) Lets round up the foxestrust and have a public burning/stoning!!!

4.) Ultra is clearly gay!

1.) What fooking differance does the reported value of the takeover make to the speed at which it goes through?

Give this man a medal. :D

Bravo sir... someone who is willing to read between the lines and doing some thinking for themselves.

Ultra thinks that by belittling one set of propaganda and falling blindly for the other set, he's being clever.

Idiot.

Bravo sir... someone who is willing to read between the lines and doing some thinking for themselves.

Ultra thinks that by belittling one set of propaganda and falling blindly for the other set, he's being clever.

Idiot.

Substituting personal attacks for reasoned responses is a tell-tale sign that you're losing the argument.

As you would recognise if you knew the first thing about how to conduct a sensible discussion.

Exactly. There is no telling some of the plonkers on here though.

:thumbup::thumbup:

I'm no board or management lackey and as an ex-journalist I'm all for publishing information a bit earlier than the next guy.

But we've had so much shit published and claimed about this bid it's beyond a joke. How many closure dates have their been for a start?. What do the hacks do? Get to work and put a pin in a calendar?

Yet it's not those responsible who are fielding the flak. Somehow the Board have become the focus of antagonism and I cannot see why.

Mandaric has obviously courted the press on aspects of the takeover presumably for his own good reasons.

Doubtless some shareholders would have welcomed a deal, others had perhaps quite proper, concerns they wanted answers about and perhaps some didn't want the deal at all.

But the Board, it would seem, have simply gone about their business in a quiet and proper manner. How they could agree a deal that wasn't in front of them I don't know.

If Mandaric had issues to take up and if his offer had to be reconsidered and became delayed as a result I cannot see what that's got to do with the Board.

Apart, that is, from having responsibility to provide answers which may or may not result in consequences and delays for reasons we can only idly speculate about.

Truth is we don't know the real facts about what the situation is or why, even if some journalists choose to whet our appetites with what often turn out to be laughable soundbites.

And I for one am perfectly happy to let things take their course. But then I've never viewed Mandaric as anything but what he is. A hard-headed businessman. An opportunist.

A person who, I'd imagine, aims to buy at the right price (for him) and sell at the right price (for him).

Nothing wrong with that.

It's people behaving like he's the Pied Piper that gets me.

:thumbup::thumbup:

I'm no board or management lackey and as an ex-journalist I'm all for publishing information a bit earlier than the next guy.

But we've had so much shit published and claimed about this bid it's beyond a joke. How many closure dates have their been for a start?. What do the hacks do? Get to work and put a pin in a calendar?

Yet it's not those responsible who are fielding the flak. Somehow the Board have become the focus of antagonism and I cannot see why.

Mandaric has obviously courted the press on aspects of the takeover presumably for his own good reasons.

Doubtless some shareholders would have welcomed a deal others had, perhaps quite proper, concerns they wanted answers about and perhaps some didn't want the deal at all.

But the Board, it would seem, have simply gone about their business in a quiet and proper manner. How they could agree a deal that wasn't in front of them I don't know.

If Mandaric had issues to take up and if his offer had to be reconsidered and became delayed as a result I cannot see what that's got to do with the Board.

Apart, that is, from having responsibility to provide answers which may or may not result in consequences and delays for reasons we can only idly speculate about.

Truth is we don't know the real facts about what the situation is and why, even if some journalists choose to whet our appetites with what often turn out to be laughable soundbites.

And I for one am perfectly happy to let things take their course. But then I've never viewed Mandaric as anything but what he is. A hard-headed businessman. An opportunist.

A person who, I'd imagine, aims to buy at the right price (for him) and sell at the right price (for him).

Nothing wrong with that.

It's people behaving like he's the Pied Piper that gets me.

That's the crucial point!!!

Substituting personal attacks for reasoned responses is a tell-tale sign that you're losing the argument.

As you would recognise if you knew the first thing about how to conduct a sensible discussion.

I've tried reasoned responses and you've got a habit of ignoring them or resorting to personal attacks.

Why not practice what you preach, cock?

From what’s been said in the media (not the merc :rolleyes: ) the deals done and it's just a matter of time before MM is announced as the new owner, so I don't see it all falling through a lot of hard work and money has gone into this on both parts. What’s happened today is unfortunate and will cause a delay but it shouldn't change anything long term, so this whole thread was pointless even before Ultra (FOXES!) started posting in it!

In any case I don't see the need to rush, we wont go down (touch wood) and we're definitely not going up and the loan deadline is in March is it not?

Archived