Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

Backlash?

Ill Feeling?  

170 members have voted

1. 1. How will you feel if this bid goes tits up?

• I will never spend any money @ LCFC until this board are out & will abuse at every oppertunity possible, only go to away games next year
    • Will feel bad but will get season ticket next year
    • Nothing changes for me
    • Will support the decision as the board have club @ heart
    • Will be delighted as I dislike the whole takeover idea

2.) There obviously were hidden debts otherwise the board would have denied it!

The board are unable to say anything substantive about the bid or its progress due to a confidentiality agreement signed with MM and the rules of the takeover code, and therfore cannot deny tittle tattle reported in the press.. As for their being any " hidden debts " MM has not at any stage alluded to them. Speaking as a boring accountant, it would be very difficult to " hide " debts within an organisation open to so much scrutiny as LCFC ( outside auditors, and internal accountants appointed by the Teachers' Pension Fund of New York ). It would also have to involve more than one person and be a civil and criminal offence. Finally, what would be the point of hiding any debts? They almost certainly come to light during due diligence, and if by chance they were not picked up they would be picked up by MM's team after takeover pretty quickly - who no doubt would sue the hide off all involved and involve Inspector Knacker.

In any case I don't see the need to rush, we wont go down (touch wood) and we're definitely not going up and the loan deadline is in March is it not?

i thought it was the 1st week in feb.

The board are unable to say anything substantive about the bid or its progress due to a confidentiality agreement signed with MM and the rules of the takeover code, and therfore cannot deny tittle tattle reported in the press.. As for their being any " hidden debts " MM has not at any stage alluded to them. Speaking as a boring accountant, it would be very difficult to " hide " debts within an organisation open to so much scrutiny as LCFC ( outside auditors, and internal accountants appointed by the Teachers' Pension Fund of New York ). It would also have to involve more than one person and be a civil and criminal offence. Finally, what would be the point of hiding any debts? They almost certainly come to light during due diligence, and if by chance they were not picked up they would be picked up by MM's team after takeover pretty quickly - who no doubt would sue the hide off all involved and involve Inspector Knacker.

I think you misunderstood my post and thought I was being serious!!!!!

they deserve a backlash but I dont have great confidence of there been one.

What has upset me so much is that whilst there has been much concerns about the bid and questions been asked about MM why have both the shareolders and the FT allowed the board to run this club into the ground?

they deserve a backlash but I dont have great confidence of there been one.

What has upset me so much is that whilst there has been much concerns about the bid and questions been asked about MM why have both the shareolders and the FT allowed the board to run this club into the ground?

Because the Foxes Trust is useless.

Because the Foxes Trust is useless.

What were you expecting from the trust? I am a member but not for much longer as i can't be bothered to get involved in club politics as it seems everybody is at everyone elses throats thinking they can do a better job. The supporters club is just that a supporters club and has no power or influence over the club.

What were you expecting from the trust? I am a member but not for much longer as i can't be bothered to get involved in club politics as it seems everybody is at everyone elses throats thinking they can do a better job. The supporters club is just that a supporters club and has no power or influence over the club.

We've been over this a number of times.

By asking supporters to pledge money to the cause in order to gain a shareholding and then making bold claims to 'represent the fans,' they put themselves in a position to be judged. Quite simply, considering their shareholding, they have allowed the Trust, by poor management, to be manipulated/manoueuvred by the club in to a position of ill-proportionate power/influence. That is to say, people have pledged money, bold claims have been made and precisely fook all has been achieved. This is because those involved in the Trust at some point along the line started to believe their own hype and preferred to sit in a nice executive box, drinking champage and eating canapes rather than rocking the boat a bit and having a genuine say as their members would, I suspect, like them to.

For want of a better summary, I suppose they just never fulfilled their potential as the Trust has not been run correctly or has not been demanding enough of the club. Whether or not this is down to senior FT people becoming a little complacent and enjoying the lifestyle afforded by the position, I can't be sure, but suspect the 'perks' might make being a completely irrelevant and unimportant organisation a little easier to swallow.

and preferred to sit in a nice executive box, drinking champage and eating canapes

They sit in the Directors' seating area, not in an executive box. The one FT representative I have spoken to who has on occasion represented the FT in the directors' area informs me his only freebie was a cup of tea and a biscuit at half time. Not quite sure where you get the champagne and canapes from, but no doubt your sources are better than mine.

This is where your anger is not used as it should be! If you are truely disapointed that MM would not be installed then you must hurt the board where it hurts them most in the pocket. We have hounded the board many times and where has it got us? still the same old faces in the same positions because they have a bit more than us.

If you hold your banners call them wan*ers or whatever they don't give a monkeys, they have heard it all before and they will still be saying they call us wan*ers today but tomorrow they give us £400 for an ST! where is the logic?

A real protest would be to not buy an ST, Just go to the away games as the club would not profit. In the 20 odd years I have suppoprted the club we have never had a board with ambition for the city which we live in. How come other smaller cities/ teams have past Leicester in recent years? No Funding at board level.

How do people like Tim Davies actually have the best interests of the club at heart? He puts in £100k to get on to the LCFC board, then recieves a salary of £250k every year! (How long have this lot been in 5 years over 1mil out of the club) Is he a fan or someone who realises the stupidity of football fans?

The only way to hurt these people is to deny them not the club your cash. If you give them your cash what protest are you making?

Doubtless Tim Davies makes his mistakes as a chief executive - as I've done in everything I've ever tried to do.

But I'll not hear anyone say he's not got the best interests of the club at heart.

He's [put his money where his mouth is to help Leicester City anyway and his salary is the going rate for the job.

But I tell you this. If Tim Davies was not chief executive, and was not on the payroll as anything else, he'd be on the terraces cheering.

I know that first hand. And I believe him. I'm amazed that anyone questions his sincereity as a fan. He's a supporter through and through.

Are you telling me that if someone offered you the Chief Executive's job at Leicester you'd turn it down because the salary was unacceptably high?. Cobblers. If you love Leicester City you'd welcome the job and the chance to do the very best you could for them during your watch.

If this takeover comes off - with all the support it seems to have - most fans would surely say the Board have looked after us pretty well, all thing considered.

And if it doesn't come off - I'm not at all sure it will be their fault and have no evidence whatsoever to suggest they should be fielding all this unnecessary and unhelpful flak.

Doubtless Tim Davies makes his mistakes as a chief executive - as I've done in everything I've ever tried to do.

But I'll not hear anyone say he's not got the best interests of the club at heart.

He's [put his money where his mouth is to help Leicester City anyway and his salary is the going rate for the job.

But I tell you this. If Tim Davies was not chief executive, and was not on the payroll as anything else, he'd be on the terraces cheering.

I know that first hand. And I believe him. I'm amazed that anyone questions his sincereity as a fan. He's a supporter through and through.

Are you telling me that if someone offered you the Chief Executive's job at Leicester you'd turn it down because the salary was unacceptably high?. Cobblers. If you love Leicester City you'd welcome the job and the chance to do the very best you could for them during your watch.

If this takeover comes off - with all the support it seems to have - most fans would surely say the Board have looked after us pretty well, all thing considered.

And if it doesn't come off - I'm not at all sure it will be their fault and have no evidence whatsoever to suggest they should be fielding all this unnecessary and unhelpful flak.

Fair points, Thracian. By the way, my guess is he would be earning more money in the private sector than he does at LCFC - he gave up being a partner in a firm of Chartered Accountants to join LCFC, and such people earn good money in the private sector - I should know, I work for such a firm. :angry:

I probably would have worked unpaid if I was in a position of wealth.

He may well have put effort in I never said he hasnt but the fact remains the board have done poorly, now what I am trying to get at is MM comes in with a bid and it gets srutinised heavily by the FT, if the FT are this concerned why havent thye been scrutinising the board all these years, if they did so then they may have got more respect.

They sit in the Directors' seating area, not in an executive box. The one FT representative I have spoken to who has on occasion represented the FT in the directors' area informs me his only freebie was a cup of tea and a biscuit at half time. Not quite sure where you get the champagne and canapes from, but no doubt your sources are better than mine.

Please accept it as a metaphor.

The FT is more bothered about the benefits and ego boost it affords it's senior members than making a real difference at the club. They have allowed their power and potential effectiveness to be compromised somehow. I don't know how but considering their shareholding, well, they're pathetic.

The Trust, in my view, sees itself more importantly than anyone else associated with the club. All this talk in the past about trusts running other clubs is ridiculous, however, if we continue along this path, then it is perfectly feasible that the Trust could be running the club from League Two. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the masterplan all along.

The Trust, in my view, sees itself more importantly than anyone else associated with the club. All this talk in the past about trusts running other clubs is ridiculous, however, if we continue along this path, then it is perfectly feasible that the Trust could be running the club from League Two. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the masterplan all along.

What I would like to know is what were that shower that are supposed to be running the club intending to do if Mandarich had never made a bid?

They must have known we were going to crash and burn (again) do they have a plan B if this goes tits...me thinks probably not!

very true thrac. some people just seem to be looking for someone to have a go at.

So..let's get this straight!..we are hovering just above the relegation zone,we have no money,a small squad of players that appear to have lost the will to fight,a manager that can't buy a league win,and fans that were once the pride of the midlands sitting in the Walkers making less noise then they would in a library!..who exactly is to blame...did someone walk under a ladder or did we break a mirror? :dunno:

So..let's get this straight!..we are hovering just above the relegation zone,we have no money,a small squad of players that appear to have lost the will to fight,a manager that can't buy a league win,and fans that were once the pride of the midlands sitting in the Walkers making less noise then they would in a library!..who exactly is to blame...did someone walk under a ladder or did we break a mirror? :dunno:

you pay peanuts you get monkeys, simple as that. it's easy to say that other people should put their hands in their pockets, but as none of us are in that position to do that who are we to say?

very true thrac. some people just seem to be looking for someone to have a go at.

That would be me then? I don't see how we can pay some people £250,000 a year and cannot get a former player and players player of the year back for £150,000, to me the investment at the club should be in the players not the CE as he seem to be changing the fortunes for the worse, joey would have for the better.

Its not just TD there must be more suits on high wages who do what exactly? Is the club riding high? You could pay timmy & co what ever if we were high flyers unlike the leauge one fodder that we are now!

That would be me then? I don't see how we can pay some people £250,000 a year and cannot get a former player and players player of the year back for £150,000, to me the investment at the club should be in the players not the CE as he seem to be changing the fortunes for the worse, joey would have for the better.

Its not just TD there must be more suits on high wages who do what exactly? Is the club riding high? You could pay timmy & co what ever if we were high flyers unlike the leauge one fodder that we are now!

I didn't see us riding high last season when we had Joey, reportedly performing at his best for us!

I didn't see us riding high last season when we had Joey, reportedly performing at his best for us!

Agreed but what i'm suggesting is that we would be a better team with him in rather than AJ, disagreement can be found on the back of a stamp

Archived