Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

Backlash?

Ill Feeling?  

170 members have voted

1. 1. How will you feel if this bid goes tits up?

• I will never spend any money @ LCFC until this board are out & will abuse at every oppertunity possible, only go to away games next year
    • Will feel bad but will get season ticket next year
    • Nothing changes for me
    • Will support the decision as the board have club @ heart
    • Will be delighted as I dislike the whole takeover idea

After listening to James Johnson's interview on Radio Leicester, I felt that his feelings on how much abuse would be thrown at the board / shareholders if the MM deal were to collapse was a little optimistic, as I did not feel that he knew the strength of feeling towards the bid in a positive way and how much bad feeling would errupt if it was to be squandered!

Birch was very upset it seemed that it was taking so long and he is a boards voice it seems on the phone in, so maybe they are upset too? Who knows!

You thoughts & votes appreciated :thumbup:

There's barely been a chant about Milan. First one I've heard that had any sort of weight behind it was a brief "Milan, start the wave" at Fulham. Nowt of any note at Colchester.

There was where I was @ Col U

went like

Milan

Milan Mandaric

same toone as "your grounds too big 4 u"

There was where I was @ Col U

went like

Milan

Milan Mandaric

same toone as "your grounds too big 4 u"

Still, my point stands. There's been no massive declaration of support at games, just a few people getting arsey about the board on internet messageboards. I'm not convinced anyone is going to go postal over the whole business.

Apart from Ric Flair, obviously.

I'd hire in the A-Team as i found this message on a card in a phone box... Looks promising..

"In 1972 a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the A-Team."

Will feel bad but I'll still get a Season Ticket next year. I'll be very pissed off with the current board if they manage to fook it up, but I won't completely stop watching Leicester because of it.

Though I'll make my feelings perfectly clear to the board (but probably not to the extent of a certain Ric Flair off of FoxesTalk :whistle: )

There's barely been a chant about Milan. First one I've heard that had any sort of weight behind it was a brief "Milan, start the wave" at Fulham. Nowt of any note at Colchester.

There's been a couple in L1 over the last few games - although not particularly loud.

And I voted "nothing changes". I'll be disappointed if it doesn't go through, obviously, but if it don't that's not gonna make me support my team any less. :scarf:

I don't think there has been many Milan chants as alot of people don't want to chant until he's 100% committed....as in signed and sealed.

At the Fulham game there was a few Milan chants, including a "give us a wave" but I couldn't see where the posher were from my seat.

All city fans I speak to are very pro-milan. It's not like the current board have been setting course for the premiership over the past few seasons.

Still, my point stands. There's been no massive declaration of support at games, just a few people getting arsey about the board on internet messageboards. I'm not convinced anyone is going to go postal over the whole business.

Apart from Ric Flair, obviously.

Can't agree - I think most are sitting and waiting...not wanting to count chickens. I think the silence at matches is more indicative of the appalling state of play on the field.

As to how people would react - it depends on the reasons for a deal not going through.

I remain convinced that it will go through...but am pissed off that it will probably be too late for us to bring in new faces to shake up and strengthen the squad.

If it does fall through then there is more chance of me becoming PR officer for the Trust than renewing my season ticket.

Can't agree - I think most are sitting and waiting...not wanting to count chickens. I think the silence at matches is more indicative of the appalling state of play on the field.

As to how people would react - it depends on the reasons for a deal not going through.

I remain convinced that it will go through...but am pissed off that it will probably be too late for us to bring in new faces to shake up and strengthen the squad.

If it does fall through then there is more chance of me becoming PR officer for the Trust than renewing my season ticket.

No matter how pathetic we are, the crowd are still apathetic. I remain to be convinced that our mob will make a fuss about anything.

It would be a chance missed. This is something we have envyed of other teams for years now. Its better to regret something you have done than something you haven't.

But it wouldn't change my support for my team.

I'm with hairy. :thumbup:

Missed opportunity for sure, but not something that will change my support for the club at all.

Unless we went bust of course, that'd make it rather difficult to support the club... you know, if it doesn't exist any more. :ph34r:

Most of the crowd would seem largely apathetic... but not the famous LCFC Ultras. Discount them at your peril.

The Pen 1 Peril would like to be disassociated with this statement.

Will feel bad but will get season ticket next year

Me too

I also intend holding up big 'BOARD OUT' posters if it all goes wrong. I will be furious if it messes up ... (and hell hath no fury like me scorned ...)

Me too

I also intend holding up big 'BOARD OUT' posters if it all goes wrong. I will be furious if it messes up ... (and hell hath no fury like me scorned ...)

This is where your anger is not used as it should be! If you are truely disapointed that MM would not be installed then you must hurt the board where it hurts them most in the pocket. We have hounded the board many times and where has it got us? still the same old faces in the same positions because they have a bit more than us.

If you hold your banners call them wan*ers or whatever they don't give a monkeys, they have heard it all before and they will still be saying they call us wan*ers today but tomorrow they give us £400 for an ST! where is the logic?

A real protest would be to not buy an ST, Just go to the away games as the club would not profit. In the 20 odd years I have suppoprted the club we have never had a board with ambition for the city which we live in. How come other smaller cities/ teams have past Leicester in recent years? No Funding at board level.

How do people like Tim Davies actually have the best interests of the club at heart? He puts in £100k to get on to the LCFC board, then recieves a salary of £250k every year! (How long have this lot been in 5 years over 1mil out of the club) Is he a fan or someone who realises the stupidity of football fans?

The only way to hurt these people is to deny them not the club your cash. If you give them your cash what protest are you making?

This is where your anger is not used as it should be! If you are truely disapointed that MM would not be installed then you must hurt the board where it hurts them most in the pocket. We have hounded the board many times and where has it got us? still the same old faces in the same positions because they have a bit more than us.

If you hold your banners call them wan*ers or whatever they don't give a monkeys, they have heard it all before and they will still be saying they call us wan*ers today but tomorrow they give us £400 for an ST! where is the logic?

A real protest would be to not buy an ST, Just go to the away games as the club would not profit. In the 20 odd years I have suppoprted the club we have never had a board with ambition for the city which we live in. How come other smaller cities/ teams have past Leicester in recent years? No Funding at board level.

How do people like Tim Davies actually have the best interests of the club at heart? He puts in £100k to get on to the LCFC board, then recieves a salary of £250k every year! (How long have this lot been in 5 years over 1mil out of the club) Is he a fan or someone who realises the stupidity of football fans?

The only way to hurt these people is to deny them not the club your cash. If you give them your cash what protest are you making?

You're right.

That would be a good way to get at the board. I'm just not sure that I could go without a season ticket.

I love watching Leicester (even when we're crap), and I'm not prepared to give that up. There must be some other way ?? What would be the best backlash for those of us that don't want to sacrifice our season ticket. I would want to raise a protest!

By the way, does Tim Davies earn £250k a year? That sounds like an awful lot?

Archived