Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxhateram

what is the reason for such inconsistancy?

Guess what? A good manager will cost you because they're usually employed already.

Do we have the money to hire someone?

Do we funk. Rob Kelly has done reasonably well with what he's got, and should remain for now, there's no credible alternative.

I'm available for a fiver a week and all the pies I can eat, though. :cool:

Simple - the set of players we have are a bunch of underachieving twats.

We've demonstrated against the so called 'better' teams that we can perform. It's all down to the motivation and application from the players - and it's not all necessarily down to Kelly to sort that out.

Would you really say we're any worse than the likes of Colchester, Burnley and Plymouth? League position says so, but comparing the players like on like shows there isn't much difference.

Admittedly, we have a few shit 'uns, but so do quite a few in this division.

It seems the whole club is a shambles from top to bottom.

Fantastic.

davieG Today, 05:50 PM | Post #21|

Resident

Supported City Since: Too Long

QUOTE(joeb @ Jan 27 2007, 05:44 PM)

tbh i dont think it helps with all the takeover talk happening. - We've been shite for 3 years or more!

also with the lack of inexpericne (presume you mean expeirence) in our team it dosent help. to improve i think we need a player who has played top flight football for a while- like we did with MAs (like we had dion - because we were good when he was here ) to play most matches and keep the going.

lol

davieG Today, 05:50 PM | Post #21|

Resident

Supported City Since: Too Long

QUOTE(joeb @ Jan 27 2007, 05:44 PM)

tbh i dont think it helps with all the takeover talk happening. - We've been shite for 3 years or more!

also with the lack of inexpericne (presume you mean expeirence) in our team it dosent help. to improve i think we need a player who has played top flight football for a while- like we did with MAs (like we had dion - because we were good when he was here ) to play most matches and keep the going.

lol

You're right that is bloody funny, glad you saw the joke :D

I'm sick and tired of them conceding before they attack.

I'd fine the 11 players on the pitch say 100 quid each, straight from their pay, if they concede a goal before they score one in each and every game.

That'd teach the bastards to get up the pitch and score. Give them some bloody urgency as they so desperately need it.

It'd also save the club a bob or two since they concede first just about every week. 1100 quid every game for 46 games.

Safe. :cool:

Amen to that.

LWICD - the MAN with the plan.

NAILED.

The gobshites play out of their skins agains Villa, Fulham, Tottenham et al. And what a spectacle it is for the supporters who pay to watch them, or suffer Barber to hear them in action. Yet in the league, they just don't seem to give a flying fook. It's annoying. If we told them we were playing Arsenal, not Cardiff, they'd have gone all out to try and batter them. But ohhhhhhh no, it's alright lads, it's only Cardiff - they've been more wank than us lately, we can take it easy.

Bastards.

Agree. I also feel that because promotion seems to no longer be a target for the club, the players have taken their foot off the pedal. We are a Championship club playing with Championship grade players (and arguably lower grade), with less finances expected of a Championship club, against Championship clubs every week dwelling at the bottom of the division. The only thing that's Premiership material about our club is our stadium and the sleeping fanbase. That's why MM couldn't have come at a better time - his aim is the Premiership and nothing less, and it will partly solve the issue of finances, and shit players who don't perform.

The gobshites play out of their skins agains Villa, Fulham, Tottenham et al. And what a spectacle it is for the supporters who pay to watch them, or suffer Barber to hear them in action. Yet in the league, they just don't seem to give a flying fook. It's annoying. If we told them we were playing Arsenal, not Cardiff, they'd have gone all out to try and batter them. But ohhhhhhh no, it's alright lads, it's only Cardiff - they've been more wank than us lately, we can take it easy.

Bastards.

Couldn't agree more. It's a pathetic state of affairs. In the Cup, we're capable of running Premiership teams who are miles better than ourselves close, and even able to beat them, giving fooking awesome performances against them and making people praise us. Yet when we play average or shit teams in the League, nobody is interested. Nobody gives the same effort. Nobody gives the same commitment. The attitude that some of the players clearly approach games with is nothing short of disgusting. This "I can't be bothered" attitude which sees them walk round the pitch or give half-hearted efforts really pisses me off. They think that just because the standard of opposition is lower and that they won't be putting themselves in the shop window because it isn't a high quality team they're playing against means they can give a lower standard of performance. It's a shambles.

I'm sick and tired of them conceding before they attack. As am I and most other fans.

I'd fine the 11 players on the pitch say 100 quid each, straight from their pay, if they concede a goal before they score one in each and every game.

That'd teach the bastards to get up the pitch and score. Give them some bloody urgency as they so desperately need it. Harsh, could lead to a players revolt. But it's the sort of thing we'd need to do in order to get this shower of shite to take notice and book their ideas up. As I posted in another thread, desperate times call for desperate measures.

It'd also save the club a bob or two since they concede first just about every week. 1100 quid every game for 46 games. My maths isn't too good but surely that'd leave us enough money to bring somebody in on a season long loan deal?

Safe. :cool:

A season long loan would only be any use if the player we bring in wasn't a lazy gobshite... though.

Vicious cycle. :ph34r:

Which it probably would be - Andy Welsh being a prime example. Looked pretty good first time around when he was here, this season he was shockingly shite. We just seem to attract lazy players, and will continue to do so whilst we're sliding down the table and playing such poor football.

kelly has the same problem craig had, team up for cup games but not for league games.

Its a failure from management to motivate the players for every game.

It has been said before though its not entirely up to Rob is it for example do you think Rob does something extra special to motivate the players for the "big" games? I doubt it he treats it like any other game, therefore it leaves it down to one thing...The players mentality, attitudes, views, moivation.

As said i'm sure if Rob/The Club cracked down and were more strict on fining the players for certain things that would certainly change the players thinking. The only thing you have to watch is fining them on to many things because then they'll just get pissed off and unhappy. I say treat the players as kids, The don't do something they don't get things - such as days off, full amount of wages, they have to do extra training, don't get bonuses...They'll soon learn! (Or that would be the play but footballers don't think the same a us normal people :rolleyes: )

It has been said before though its not entirely up to Rob is it for example do you think Rob does something extra special to motivate the players for the "big" games? I doubt it he treats it like any other game, therefore it leaves it down to one thing...The players mentality, attitudes, views, moivation.

As said i'm sure if Rob/The Club cracked down and were more strict on fining the players for certain things that would certainly change the players thinking. The only thing you have to watch is fining them on to many things because then they'll just get pissed off and unhappy. I say treat the players as kids, The don't do something they don't get things - such as days off, full amount of wages, they have to do extra training, don't get bonuses...They'll soon learn! (Or that would be the play but footballers don't think the same a us normal people :rolleyes: )

It needs someone to motivate the players,there is enough talent in the squad to keep us up..it's all about attitude and commitment..the latter of which is sadly missing!

In the league I think we have been consistent, consistently poor. Ok we've snuck a few wins (8 out 28) but on the whole I don't think w'eve played particularly well in more than a couple of games - to me that makes us consistent.
Good point, was going to say the same thing.
And sometimes, it's just bad luck.

Like Hume missing a guaranteed goal today.

You make your own luck. If you miss, it's because you didn't hit the shot right. That's not luck, it's technique. One of the chances he missed, he was leaning back so far, he was almost lying on the ground!! If that's not his own fault, then I give up.
Fulham, Villa, Blackburn, Bolton...all cup games all big teams, and team the players know they need to play well against to win, and they put up a fight and win or almost win against them.
They do, it's just some of us can't be arsed to argue any more (in your favour :thumbup: ).

Aside from the fact that the players seem to be more interested against the so-called bigger clubs, the way the game is played in the Premiership is different to the Championship. At this level, teams are on top of you from the kick-off. Premiership teams give you time and space on the ball. Looking at the league games we have won, Barnsley, for one, gave us lots of space.

If we want to get out of this division the right way, we need to become hard to beat (stating the obvious), and we need to start battling more.

I also think that the club is looking in the wrong places for players. Because of MON, we have a reputation of buying bargains from the lower leagues. What people forget is that most of these were players dumped by top flight teams, being surplus to requirements, and therefore have a point to prove. Not players who merely dream of playing in the Premiership. Looking at Cardiff's team yesterday, they had Premiership rejects, Derby have and have also loaned some, Birmingham are another example. If we continue bringing in League One/Two players, is it any surprise if we end up playing there?

Whilst Ive admitted elsewhere that we must have ability as we have raised our game against the good sides in the cup, you have got to remember even the worst teams about have raised there games in cups. Our best wins in the league aginst so called big clubs have only come gainst Soton or maybe Wolves. Against the better sides in the division we look poor.

It must be lack of talent!

What doesnt help though is our team chop and changing. We dont know who our bets keeper is, have had god knows how many full-backs, the midfield is all over the shop, players have come and gone and our we dont know the best combination for our strikers. Other thanthat we have been foot perfect :D

Some good points by alot of people, for me I have never been convinced by

a: the manager

b: players

The manager has shown that he is neither able to effect players performance or tactically win a game!

The players, because I am not convinced that we have good enough players to get us anywhere. Alot of people on this board overrate alot of players which i would term very mediocre!

Yes, we have performed better on cup games but they were non pressure games, which are alot easier to perform!!

Lisa makes a great point about needing to battle and become "hard to beat".

That's Rob Kelly's rallying cry.

Trouble is we're not.

Among our best battlers are McCarthy, Kisnorbo, Tiatto, Johansson, Hammond, Stearman and Maybury. And most of those seven have one fatal flaw.

Once they get the ball they are much too likely to give it away.

If those seven battle and give the ball away then others like Hughes, Williams, Wesolowski also fail to retain possesion we have serious problems.

If we don't keep the ball we can't score with it and if we don't score we can't win. It's simple enough in theory but, to me, being hard to beat in modern football is about winning the ball and keeping it.

Passing the ball with no consequence is not enough. Passing is the key - fast, accurate passing to players who have quick contol and good vision.

The best Leicester side I ever watched had good passers throughout. Their best battlers like, Richie Norman, Ian King, Frank McLintock, Colin Appleton could all pass the ball quickly and effectively.

In the league I think we have been consistent, consistently poor. Ok we've snuck a few wins (8 out 28) but on the whole I don't think w'eve played particularly well in more than a couple of games - to me that makes us consistent.

Bang on. It's our results that have been inconsistent.

Archived