Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Horsfield Up For It

Shame he's not fit then. Oh and blame Johnson if you're not happy he's here. :P

From OS

0,,10274~3099323,00.jpg

Geoff Horsfield says he is ready to roll up his sleeves and fight for the Foxes cause following his loan move from Sheffield United.

The striker, who is renowned for his no-nonsense attitude both on and off the pitch, was speaking to the press for the first time following his move from Bramall Lane on Wednesday.

And the 33-year-old frontman tied his colours firmly to the City mast ahead of Saturday's Championship clash against Luton Town at the Walkers Stadium.

He said: "I will put myself about and let the centre halves know that I am here. Believe me - I am going to do that. You have got to when you are in a scrap.

"You have to come out fighting. It's not about playing good football and being entertaining and I think the fans have got to realise that.

"We find ourselves in a situation where we have got to get some points on the board as quickly as possible. If we have to do that by fighting and scrapping then so be it.

"When I cross that white line on a Saturday afternoon then I always want to win. Sometimes I take it a little bit too far, but that is the way that I have been brought up. It's a man's game."

0,,10274~3099326,00.jpg

Horsefield, whose loan move runs until the end of the campaign, also confirmed that former West Brom team-mate Andy Johnson had played a big part in the move.

He added: "Johno definitely played a part in me coming here. I spoke to him when I found out that Leicester were interested and asked him about the set up, the manager and the players. He said it would be ideal for me to come in and add my experience.

"He said it was a great club with a fantastic stadium and fan base.

"Hopefully we can now get the points on the board as quickly as possible. We have got to do that and we know that. We have got to stay in this division and then build on that.

"I came into the game as a professional at the age of 25 and I have played for eight seasons. So there is defiantly plenty of desire left in my body - that's for sure.

"I'm just looking forward to being involved once again. This is a big challenge for the club and it is definitely one that I am up for."

It's not about playing good football and being entertaining and I think the fans have got to realise that.

err, Thracian?

love the bit about andy johnson telling him about our fan base. yes andy, all the fans are behind you. you shit eater.

still though in the context of our current predicament i like his style - we need someone who actually gives a legume about what happens. he seems to fit the bill in that regard at least.

Shame he's not fit then. Oh and blame Johnson if you're not happy he's here. :P

From OS

0,,10274~3099323,00.jpg

Geoff Horsfield says he is ready to roll up his sleeves and fight for the Foxes cause following his loan move from Sheffield United.

The striker, who is renowned for his no-nonsense attitude both on and off the pitch, was speaking to the press for the first time following his move from Bramall Lane on Wednesday.

And the 33-year-old frontman tied his colours firmly to the City mast ahead of Saturday's Championship clash against Luton Town at the Walkers Stadium.

He said: "I will put myself about and let the centre halves know that I am here. Believe me - I am going to do that. You have got to when you are in a scrap.

"You have to come out fighting. It's not about playing good football and being entertaining and I think the fans have got to realise that.

"We find ourselves in a situation where we have got to get some points on the board as quickly as possible. If we have to do that by fighting and scrapping then so be it.

"When I cross that white line on a Saturday afternoon then I always want to win. Sometimes I take it a little bit too far, but that is the way that I have been brought up. It's a man's game."

0,,10274~3099326,00.jpg

Horsefield, whose loan move runs until the end of the campaign, also confirmed that former West Brom team-mate Andy Johnson had played a big part in the move.

He added: "Johno definitely played a part in me coming here. I spoke to him when I found out that Leicester were interested and asked him about the set up, the manager and the players. He said it would be ideal for me to come in and add my experience.

"He said it was a great club with a fantastic stadium and fan base.

"Hopefully we can now get the points on the board as quickly as possible. We have got to do that and we know that. We have got to stay in this division and then build on that.

"I came into the game as a professional at the age of 25 and I have played for eight seasons. So there is defiantly plenty of desire left in my body - that's for sure.

"I'm just looking forward to being involved once again. This is a big challenge for the club and it is definitely one that I am up for."

Ummmmm.

With West Midlanders Kelly, Johnson and Fryatt, plus Johnson's mate Horsfield and ex-Blackburn Nils its beginning to have the feel of an RK old pals act about it. :whistle:

Ummmmm.

With West Midlanders Kelly, Johnson and Fryatt, plus Johnson's mate Horsfield and ex-Blackburn Nils its beginning to have the feel of an RK old pals act about it. :whistle:

Johson? West Midlander? I think you'll find he's Welsh, Horsfields a Yorkshireman, and Nils certainly wasn't in Blackburns youth team.

Johson? West Midlander? I think you'll find he's Welsh, Horsfields a Yorkshireman, and Nils certainly wasn't in Blackburns youth team.

I didn't mean he was born there - just that he's spent a big chunk of his footballing life in RK's backyard.

Something has to explain why he keeps getting picked when he's not injured.

I didn't mean he was born there - just that he's spent a big chunk of his footballing life in RK's backyard.

Something has to explain why he keeps getting picked when he's not injured.

I don't think its the fact that he used to play for RK's former employers firece rivals somehow.

I'm sure he'll fit right in! :P

If he can make an impact though, happy days.

He'll probably make an impact on the pitch should he every fall on it. :P

Did anybody expect him to say anything different, this sort of statement is issued with virtually all new signings? Especially when the team is in the proverbial.

Can I be the first to say that i'm officially Geoff Horsfield's biggest fan, like LWICD did with McAuley. Then if he does do any good, I can keep badgering everyone about how I told them so.

If he more than likely does crap from us, i'll delete this post very quickly because i'm Admin and I can do what I ****in want. :D

Can I be the first to say that i'm officially Geoff Horsfield's biggest fan, like LWICD did with McAuley. Then if he does do any good, I can keep badgering everyone about how I told them so.

If he more than likely does crap from us, i'll delete this post very quickly because i'm Admin and I can do what I ****in want. :D

lol

He only looks to have one chin which is a plus but he does need match fitness. Its a shame we cant sling him into the reserves :rolleyes:

Ive said that now its all about results and ugly football if need be and to be honest football by Horsfield doesnt get much ugly. I think he will be effective though and thats all we can hope for at this stage of the season.

Archived